PDA

View Full Version : Kre-Alkalyn + SuperPump 250 = cool?

mralex2
10-27-2010, 05:36 AM
Good morning all... just wondering.

I've been taking the SUPERPUMP 250 for a while now for pre-workout.

[Side note: taste/feels like nano vapor. Alo tried SuperCharge, doesn't sit well with me.]

Just last week I started taking some kre-alkalyn (1500mg/day) pills - mostly because some friends of mine swore by it and it was extremely cheap.

I have noticed an increase in lifts in about 8 days. (I log all workouts on my journal).

Finally, my question - what's too much creatine? Does it even matter that the creatine is different? monohydrate vs. kre-alkalyn? I'm not asking about manufactures either... just the actual substance.

It obviously isn't hurting me, but wondering if it's affecting some other system in my body I don't yet know about? Make sense?

Thanks for all and any input.

Thanks!
Alex V.

freebirdmac
10-27-2010, 06:47 AM
Personally I don't think the formulation matters. Others will throw out studies that are backed by supplement companies that want you to buy mono :rolleyes: The bottom line is if it works for you. Be it psychologically or physically. I take ethyl ester myself.

Once you have taken it for awhile you're pretty much saturated and only need to replace what's used during workouts. So it's fine to just take it on workout days. No need to take massive amounts. It's just money in someone else's pocket. How much you need to take will depend on many factors, lbm, your workouts, etc. So you can play with it for a bit and see what's optimal for you.

Creatine in any form is pretty safe but I'd never take more than I really need. I don't cycle off of it either. No need to.

jaklcrow
10-27-2010, 06:52 AM
kre-alkalyn is garbage and a waste of money, just get reg mono

WonderPug
10-27-2010, 06:54 AM
^ This.

With supplements in general, utility is often inversely proportional to price.