PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap, does Goodell have a side business going?

kethnaab
10-22-2010, 06:30 PM
12 more NFL players fined

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nflfines

nearly $250,000 in fines from this past weekend

holy WTF????!?!?!?!?

magicmatt
10-22-2010, 06:32 PM
i hope every team agrees to play one sunday 2 hand touch. roger would go through the roof

Waka_Flocka
10-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Source: Yahoo
Belief Status: None

magicmatt
10-22-2010, 06:34 PM
;565786773']Source: Yahoo

like they just made up all those numbers

JTrain306
10-22-2010, 06:35 PM
LOL, so late hits and roughing the passers have monetary fines added onto the yardage penalties now? And they review games to see what fines they can give out? Unbelievable.

Also,

— Philadelphia quarterback Kevin Kolb(notes) was fined $5,000 for a horse-collar tackle on Atlanta’s William Moore(notes) while Moore was returning an interception.

even QBs are getting fined... no one is safe

magicmatt
10-22-2010, 06:36 PM
i'm waiting for a punter to get fined for kicking the ball at a guys face while he's trying to block the punt

GolfPants
10-22-2010, 06:37 PM
What a fuking joke the league is becoming. I actually heard Mel Kiper on espn radio, in all seriousness suggest looking into having the skill players wear flags. I threw up in my mouth.

charity4thepoor
10-22-2010, 06:38 PM
what the ****

i mean they fined 2 titans players for fouls they didnt even commit on monday night.

****ing goodell **** him

Waka_Flocka
10-22-2010, 06:39 PM
like they just made up all those numbers

Well, I was going to say that this news hasn't been posted anywhere else (like ESPN or NFL.com), but I just checked and it was posted to nfl.com like 6 hours ago.

However, this still doesn't take away from the fact that yahoo sports is home to some of the worst sports writers on the internet.

It all sounded like bull shiit because I hadn't read or heard about any of it for the most part today at all.

NYSackExchange
i hope every team agrees to play one sunday 2 hand touch. roger would go through the roof

I would lol so hard

Brobbeh
Why doesn't Goodell just flat out charge players for playing football? "Ok sir so you want to play in the NFL? That will be $65,000 a game."

bking10
10-22-2010, 06:47 PM
they fine players for stupid stuff like not having their socks pulled up. actually i believe there is an NFL official at every game that is responsible for making sure all the players unis are up to code. ridiculous

magicmatt
10-22-2010, 06:52 PM
i hope ochocinco writes the league a check for 100k to cover this weeks penalties. that would be sick

physicalfreak89
10-22-2010, 07:01 PM
I would lol so hard

This would probably work if both teams agree lol

magicmatt
10-22-2010, 07:03 PM
This would probably work if both teams agree lol

that would be so ****in sick. 2 teams that couldnt care less if they lost could do it

roko79
10-22-2010, 07:05 PM
stop ruining the nfl you ***got, enough already

charity4thepoor
10-22-2010, 07:09 PM
that would be so ****in sick. 2 teams that couldnt care less if they lost could do it

panthers and 49ers play this week

just sayin

JTrain306
10-22-2010, 07:13 PM
panthers and 49ers play this week

just sayin
49ers owner guaranteed they're going to win the division brah, lulz

can't wait :D

charity4thepoor
10-22-2010, 07:15 PM
49ers owner guaranteed they're going to win the division brah, lulz

can't wait :D

you guys will win it because singletary is the best coach of all time. epic turn around the last 10 games

ESPforMe
10-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Does goodell think he's appeasing the fans with all this sh!t?

JTrain306
10-22-2010, 07:20 PM
you guys will win it because singletary is the best coach of all time. epic turn around the last 10 games

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af359/jwells488/misc/singletary.gif

Future24
10-22-2010, 07:20 PM
Roger GTFO. Dude is going to bury the NFL.

showboat88
10-22-2010, 07:22 PM
i hope all the players agree just to sit out then that ****ing phaggot goodel will look like an idiot.

GPx
10-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Probably bet big on the Chargers beating the Rams last week.

charity4thepoor
10-22-2010, 07:46 PM
http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af359/jwells488/misc/singletary.gif

i just remember watching that and saying

damn i wish that was my coach

kethnaab
10-22-2010, 08:12 PM
;565786773']Source: Yahoo

actually, the source is a dude who writes for Associated press

Yahoo is full of nitwits, but this guy is reporting truth

ArchangelDante
10-22-2010, 08:14 PM
well it looks like the most exciting tv this weekend will be ufc where they get paid, not fined, to give concussions

Blasphemy
10-23-2010, 12:36 AM
what the ****

this.

in shock... f*ck that motherf*cking ***got bitch

evilsteve02
10-23-2010, 08:25 AM
12 more NFL players fined

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nflfines

nearly $250,000 in fines from this past weekend

holy WTF????!?!?!?!?

the best part is...you can basically blame one player for opening up his mouth and making it 1,000 times worse for everyone else. I think the players union should make Harrison pay everyones fine becuase this is basically his bed that he made for everyone. Also, me saying this isn't as a Browns fan, it is as a sports fan. Noone even talked about the other hits (even though they were far worse), because Harrison is an idiot and said he wants to hurt people.

PatrickBateman1
10-23-2010, 09:53 AM
the best part is...you can basically blame one player for opening up his mouth and making it 1,000 times worse for everyone else. I think the players union should make Harrison pay everyones fine becuase this is basically his bed that he made for everyone. Also, me saying this isn't as a Browns fan, it is as a sports fan. Noone even talked about the other hits (even though they were far worse), because Harrison is an idiot and said he wants to hurt people.

Bull-f*cking-sh*t. Harrison was absolutely correct in what he said and I guarantee every other defensive player in the NFL agrees with him. Ray Lewis spoke out and basically said the same thing (but in a bit more of a subtle tone) and now other defensive players are also speaking out.

Harrison did not say he wants to injure people, he just said he want them to feel pain, which is the mentality that every single defensive player in the league MUST have in order to be effective. I'm sick of people trying to be so politically correct in a football sense; it's a bunch of f*cking bullsh*t.

I've honestly been watching very little football on Sunday's this year just because the NFL is getting so freaking ridiculous. It's pathetic.

i'm waiting for a punter to get fined for kicking the ball at a guys face while he's trying to block the punt

lmao wouldn't shock me

quietstormx1
10-23-2010, 09:57 AM

this would be the only way for Matt Dodge to redeem himself.

PatrickBateman1
10-23-2010, 10:04 AM
This honestly makes me wish another league would take over football. It would be hilarious to get players leaving the NFL but it will never happen because of the money.

WheyneNewton
10-23-2010, 10:04 AM
wait til a head coach gets fined for assaulting the playing field when he throws the challenge flag at it

MikeLowry7
10-23-2010, 10:07 AM
I always hate it when someone takes over a job and makes all these changes that make the product/business worse but convince themselves they're doing a great job.

Roger pls go.

MikeHoncho636
10-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Yup, nfl is going to sit out next season. I already see it..

kethnaab
10-23-2010, 10:36 AM

oh bull****. it's bull**** and you know it, please. Stop whining. Thinly veiled homerism/hate. Give up the charade, that's all it is.

If Harrison plays for the Browns, you'd be bitching up a storm. If Harrison is the ONLY one that makes hits this weekend, he gets fined about $20,000 at most and the league doesn't make any real changes.

The ONLY reason this has become such a show is because of the # of hits in one week. Everyone with a brain knows it, you know it, just admit it.

JTrain306
10-23-2010, 10:40 AM

LOL yes it is

tyqb4
10-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Harrison did not say he wants to injure people, he just said he want them to feel pain, which is the mentality that every single defensive player in the league MUST have in order to be effective. I'm sick of people trying to be so politically correct in a football sense; it's a bunch of f*cking bullsh*t.

this is what happens when you have the passive phaggots who have never stepped on a football field in their life trying to decide what is best for the sport.

PatrickBateman1
10-23-2010, 10:51 AM
If this continues I would actually like to see a lockout next year. College is where it's at anyways and I would love to see Goodell get f*cked over.

magicmatt
10-23-2010, 10:53 AM
If this continues I would actually like to see a lockout next year. College is where it's at anyways and I would love to see Goodell get f*cked over.

this. while it would suck at first, anything to get goodell angry i'm all for. same with stern that phag

PatrickBateman1
10-23-2010, 10:53 AM
this is what happens when you have the passive phaggots who have never stepped on a football field in their life trying to decide what is best for the sport.

Exactly. They act like all injuries are on purpose or that players actually mean to cause helmet-to-helmet collisions. Guess what... the game is FAST and you can't f*cking help it if a receiver ducks at the last second or if you have to react quickly to make a play.

Bunch of f*cking idiots.

magicmatt
10-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Exactly. They act like all injuries are on purpose or that players actually mean to cause helmet-to-helmet collisions. Guess what... the game is FAST and you can't f*cking help it if a receiver ducks at the last second or if you have to react quickly to make a play.

Bunch of f*cking idiots.
i've asked this before but no one ever answers, but you seem like youre in the know. why doesnt the players union stick do anything about all the bull**** rules that the league puts in place? in any other profession theres no way the union would let this go on if the employees were unhappy.

tyqb4
10-23-2010, 10:57 AM

there won't be a lockout. the nfl is going to get exactly what it wants because the majority of the players aren't making millions and millions of dollars and need to get what they can get while they can get it. average career in the nfl is something like 3 years i think, take away one year and that's a huge financial impact.

wsuwarrior
10-23-2010, 11:02 AM
i've asked this before but no one ever answers, but you seem like youre in the know. why doesnt the players union stick do anything about all the bull**** rules that the league puts in place? in any other profession theres no way the union would let this go on if the employees were unhappy.

The players union is weak as hell in the NFL.

magicmatt
10-23-2010, 11:03 AM
The players union is weak as hell in the NFL.

i guess if a lot of players arent on board then they cant vote to do something about it. we only think of the superstars, but theres many other players whose votes count the same

Dyncommon
10-23-2010, 11:09 AM
LOL yes it is

Maybe it's just cause my boys blow this year but I just haven't been into the NFL this year

5x10
10-23-2010, 11:20 AM
this crap keeps up and its time for a new league

TarvarisJackson
10-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Time for Vince Mcmahon to start up the XFL again?

evilsteve02
10-23-2010, 11:40 AM
oh bull****. it's bull**** and you know it, please. Stop whining. Thinly veiled homerism/hate. Give up the charade, that's all it is.

If Harrison plays for the Browns, you'd be bitching up a storm. If Harrison is the ONLY one that makes hits this weekend, he gets fined about $20,000 at most and the league doesn't make any real changes.

The ONLY reason this has become such a show is because of the # of hits in one week. Everyone with a brain knows it, you know it, just admit it.

i am saying all these fines were b.s. His 2 hits were the least hard out of the ones fined (for the helmet to helmet). He ran his mouth and everyone else paid for it. You do realize noone on the national stage made a big deal about those 2 hits until he opened his mouth and said he wanted to hurt people right? are you just so unintelligent that you don't see how things got way worse when he opened his mouth? stop being a homer for a second and think.

tyqb4
10-23-2010, 11:43 AM
i am saying his fine was b.s. brah. His 2 hits were the least hard out of the ones fined. He ran his mouth and everyone else paid for it. You do realize noone on the national stage made a big deal about those 2 hits until he opened his mouth and said he wanted to hurt people right?

.................................................. .........................................you went full retard

evilsteve02
10-23-2010, 11:45 AM
.................................................. .........................................you went full retard

then explain to me how before he opened his mouth the fine for a helmet to helmet was around 15,000 dollars?

kethnaab
10-23-2010, 11:52 AM
then explain to me how before he opened his mouth the fine for a helmet to helmet was around 15,000 dollars?

4 concussions this week from hard hits. You want to blame him, then at least blame the right thing. Blame the hits themselves

it's simple

if Harrison's 2 hits are the only ones that occur, and he opens his mouth, then he gets fined $20,000, and no rule changes occur

if Harrison doesn't open his mouth, and all of the hits occur, nothing changes, except perhaps Harrison only gets fined $60,000.

blame the right thing. It was the hits that caused the fines and rule changes, only the public gives a $hit about what he said. Do some research, read about the comments that NFL players have stated in the past. Ronnie Lott, Steve Atwater, Dick Butkus, Ray Nitschke...c'mon man. Don't question my intelligence when you're speaking with a complete lack of perspective and reality. Brandon Merriweather's fine didn't go up because Harrison ran his mouth. That doesn't even come close to making sense.

tyqb4
10-23-2010, 11:55 AM
then explain to me how before he opened his mouth the fine was 15,000 dollars?

guys are fined every week. you just don't hear about most of them. the attention this week is due to the head injuries. just based on odds there is bound to be one or even two of these weeks each year where there are multiple scary plays involving head/neck injuries. the nfl's (over)reaction is due to the injuries and nothing else. it's well known guys are trying to hurt each other out there. nobody has ever hid that. if you think harrison's comments caused all the backlash...that's almost beyond full retard.

evilsteve02
10-23-2010, 12:04 PM
4 concussions this week from hard hits. You want to blame him, then at least blame the right thing. Blame the hits themselves

it's simple

if Harrison's 2 hits are the only ones that occur, and he opens his mouth, then he gets fined $20,000, and no rule changes occur

if Harrison doesn't open his mouth, and all of the hits occur, nothing changes, except perhaps Harrison only gets fined $60,000.

blame the right thing. It was the hits that caused the fines and rule changes, only the public gives a $hit about what he said. Do some research, read about the comments that NFL players have stated in the past. Ronnie Lott, Steve Atwater, Dick Butkus, Ray Nitschke...c'mon man. Don't question my intelligence when you're speaking with a complete lack of perspective and reality. Brandon Merriweather's fine didn't go up because Harrison ran his mouth. That doesn't even come close to making sense.

i think it does. when players are saying they are out there to put guys out of commission, the commissioner has to send a message...thats what he did. dont' question my intelligence when you are being bias. I don't think these rules should exist, i don't think your boy had the biggest hits, but he clearly is the one who shot off the fireworks after the game brah.

evilsteve02
10-23-2010, 12:05 PM
guys are fined every week. you just don't hear about most of them. the attention this week is due to the head injuries. just based on odds there is bound to be one or even two of these weeks each year where there are multiple scary plays involving head/neck injuries. the nfl's (over)reaction is due to the injuries and nothing else. it's well known guys are trying to hurt each other out there. nobody has ever hid that. if you think harrison's comments caused all the backlash...that's almost beyond full retard.

if you don't think that had anything to do with it, you are a full retard yourself.

JTrain306
10-23-2010, 12:08 PM

i am saying all these fines were b.s. His 2 hits were the least hard out of the ones fined (for the helmet to helmet). He ran his mouth and everyone else paid for it. You do realize noone on the national stage made a big deal about those 2 hits until he opened his mouth and said he wanted to hurt people right? are you just so unintelligent that you don't see how things got way worse when he opened his mouth? stop being a homer for a second and think.

if you don't think that had anything to do with it, you are a full retard yourself.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Irahays/t9gwnk.gif

kethnaab
10-23-2010, 12:11 PM
i think it does. when players are saying they are out there to put guys out of commission, the commissioner has to send a message...thats what he did. dont' question my intelligence when you are being bias. I don't think these rules should exist, i don't think your boy had the biggest hits, but he clearly is the one who shot off the fireworks after the game brah.

yes, he shot off his mouth. Reread what he stated though. He was NOT trying to put guys out of commission, and he even clarified that specifically. That's what I'm saying. You're not making sense.

Big picture here man, big picture. Women are starting to watch football, and the NFL is beginning to cater to them. Oh hai pink EVERYTHING during the month of October! 18 game schedule, less violence, these are Goodell's goals because it puts $$$ in his pocket.

Harrison's mouth probably hurt HIS wallet, but it had absolutely ZERO affect on the rules changes or the fines levied to the other hard hits. Zero. Harrison? Yeah, he maybe got an extra $5-10k added on.

kethnaab
10-23-2010, 12:12 PM

ok, I gotta ask.

who the hell is that dude, he's funny as hell.

tyqb4
10-23-2010, 12:13 PM
troll?

lol'd hard

yes, he shot off his mouth. Reread what he stated though. He was NOT trying to put guys out of commission, and he even clarified that specifically. That's what I'm saying. You're not making sense.

Big picture here man, big picture. Women are starting to watch football, and the NFL is beginning to cater to them. Oh hai pink EVERYTHING during the month of October! 18 game schedule, less violence, these are Goodell's goals because it puts $$$ in his pocket.

pretty much this.

JTrain306
10-23-2010, 12:23 PM
ok, I gotta ask.

who the hell is that dude, he's funny as hell.
lol I don't think anyone knows who he actually is. You know how there are websites of "stock photos" you can buy and use? There was a series with this guy just doing random poses and whatnot, and he became an immediate favorite of many on the internet. The one with the pink wig is obviously photoshopped, but other than that it's all real.

TitoBrah
10-23-2010, 12:33 PM
in b4 XFL