PDA

View Full Version : Everyday Bulking Tips?

madman340
10-21-2010, 05:28 PM
I've heard about how people used to/still do drink a gallon of milk or so a day, but there is a lot of cholesterol and fat in milk... Is this really a good idea?

What are some good items that are fine to eat every day, a lot?

PBateman2
10-21-2010, 05:32 PM
Have whatever you want. Just fit it within your diet. Dont have to follow that gallon of milk/day if you dont want too.

Pasta, whole eggs, steak/lean beef, fish, olive oil, PB, etc..good bulking foods.

Make them staples. GROW.

Jordanbid
10-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Rice&chicken,rice&steak,oatmeal&eggs,potatoes,yams,tuna,peanut butter

kdog1189
10-21-2010, 05:55 PM
My biggest tip is to figure out your calorie and macro needs and HIT THEM EVERY DAY. If you start falling into a routine where 2-3 days a week you miss your goals, then your bulk is going to fail. Conversely, if you go balls to the wall with eating and far exceed what you need on your bulk, then you are going to be making an oh noez I am gaining a lot of fat thread in 3-4 weeks.

MuslFreeSince83
10-21-2010, 06:05 PM
I eat two sandwiches a day. One is turkey breast, the other tuna. Use whole wheat brad. Real easy to make and tastes alright. Good protein and carbs.

Skip the tuna twice a week so as to avoid eating too much mercury.

MikeK46
10-21-2010, 06:19 PM
I've heard about how people used to/still do drink a gallon of milk or so a day, but there is a lot of cholesterol and fat in milk... Is this really a good idea?

Whats wrong with dietary fat & cholesterol?

madman340
10-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Well I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, I questioned whether or not it was a good idea. Having a high cholesterol and fat seems a little counter productive to me.

AlwaysTryin
10-21-2010, 08:25 PM
and fat seems a little counter productive to me.

why is it counter productive having fats?

MikeK46
10-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Having a high cholesterol and fat seems a little counter productive to me.

Dietary cholesterol and dietary fat are not harmful. They do not ruin your blood cholesterol profile nor increase bodyfat. Don't confuse the two.

madman340
10-22-2010, 08:40 AM
why is it counter productive having fats?

I'm not really saying it is, but there is a lot (70 out of 150 cal per serving) and the total amount is what may or may not be counter productive. I'm not worried now though, thanks Mike.

DanDabinsky
10-22-2010, 09:10 AM
Whats wrong with dietary fat & cholesterol?

ummmm it can clogg ur arteries?? did u really ask that lol

madman340
10-22-2010, 09:16 AM
While I am aware of that risk, I am only 18 so the likelihood of that actually happening is quite low. And what Mike is trying to say (I think) is that these fats and cholesterol are much healthier than the types that have given a bad name to fats and cholesterol everywhere.

Another thing I was wondering: Counting calories... Is there an easy way to understand these and potentially be able to count calories on the fly? At least to a reasonable estimation?

DanDabinsky
10-22-2010, 09:31 AM
While I am aware of that risk, I am only 18 so the likelihood of that actually happening is quite low. And what Mike is trying to say (I think) is that these fats and cholesterol are much healthier than the types that have given a bad name to fats and cholesterol everywhere.

Another thing I was wondering: Counting calories... Is there an easy way to understand these and potentially be able to count calories on the fly? At least to a reasonable estimation?

u can try getting a food scale this may help u calculate ur calories more efficiently!!!!!!!

Anthony21
10-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Everyday Bulking tips?

EAT!!! Hit your macro requirements everyday. People complain they aren't making progress but I would bet they aren't consistent with it.

Rockstar1292
10-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Adding Whole Milk and PB to your meals will do wonders.

madman340
10-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Can anybody tell me how to count calories properly and figure out my maintenance in layman's terms? Those threads at the top comprise of 50% words that I have no understanding of lol...

dazt
10-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Adding Whole Milk and PB to your meals will do wonders.

what is PB?

MikeK46
10-22-2010, 07:12 PM
ummmm it can clogg ur arteries?? did u really ask that lol

wrong. please refer to my previous post.

Dietary cholesterol and dietary fat are not harmful. They do not ruin your blood cholesterol profile nor increase bodyfat. Don't confuse the two.

K-Dawg_05
10-22-2010, 07:23 PM
wrong. please refer to my previous post.

Being a dietetics student,Mike's right...Dietary fat and cholesterol have no effect on serum cholesterol or lipid profile....in other words eat whole eggs. Higher carb diets actually have a more negative effect on lipid profile.

madman340
10-23-2010, 06:12 PM
What is the difference between a hard boiled egg and a raw one? Would it be better (maybe more cals or healthier?) to have one over the other?

As for my diet, I am going to add
2 bowls of cereal (morning + before bed),
eggs (probably hard boiled),
PB (already eating anyway),
lots of milk (currently don't drink much daily, this will change [half gallon+ per day]),
a multi + fish oils (never have taken these before btw, any info you can shed?)
brown rice (Not sure, this is the one I should be eating a lot of right?)

Thanks for all the help guys. Seriously without this forum I'd have zero idea what I was doing.

TheSmack
10-23-2010, 06:21 PM
what is PB?

You serious?

AlwaysTryin
10-23-2010, 08:50 PM
What is the difference between a hard boiled egg and a raw one? Would it be better (maybe more cals or healthier?) to have one over the other?

Cooked eggs have more bioavailability so eat cooked

calories etc won't change raw/cooked except portion sizes hence why you weigh/measure foods raw