PDA

View Full Version : I Wanna Make You Go "Grrrr" (what's good 4 girls 2 take?)

LaurenDaniels
10-20-2010, 10:29 AM
hi, ya'll! i'm really new to all of this and i was just wondering if ya'll had any helpful suggestions (what to buy, workout ideas, etc) for me.... here's a little info about myself:

Weight: 115lbs
Height: 5ft 2in
Measurements: 32-25-34
Body Type: Petite
Exercise: runs about 20 minutes 3-4 times a week
Nutrition: try to eat low carb
Athletic Background: Gymnast, Competitive Figure Skater, Drill/Dance Team (i.e. strong legs, weak arms haha)

basically, my goal is to loose about 20 pounds, lean out/loose fat, and get toned.

**(in a perfect world, i'd looove to have the type of body pam anderson did during her baywatch days- yummmy!)

again, i'm pretty much starting from ground zero and so any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated- yay!
be sweet,
Lauren

thricenotrice
10-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Don't lose weight, honestly

kmal
10-20-2010, 10:32 AM
keep cooked beans in your fridge at all times. you'll love them if you cook them right and add the right seasonings.

TravisNJ
10-20-2010, 10:34 AM

x100

LaurenDaniels
10-20-2010, 10:46 AM
x100

aww thanks for all the kind words ya'll, but i really do want to get in super good shape. there's definitely always room for improvement, right :)

desslok
10-20-2010, 10:46 AM

Yes sounds like you are looking at starting an eating disorder.

LaurenDaniels
10-20-2010, 10:48 AM
keep cooked beans in your fridge at all times. you'll love them if you cook them right and add the right seasonings.

thanks for the feedback! are there a particular type of bean or brand i should buy? (i'm a fantastic 'eater' but not exactly the greatest 'cooker', haha)

irishbrah23
10-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Put on 20 pounds of lbm

LaurenDaniels
10-20-2010, 10:50 AM
Yes sounds like you are looking at starting an eating disorder.

oh gosh, trust me, i'm definitely not anywhere near an eating disorder; i just turned 29 last month and made a "b-day promise" to get healthy- both inside and out- and to loose some excess fat. i appreciate the concern though *blushing*

MikeK46
10-20-2010, 10:51 AM
basically, my goal is to loose about 20 pounds, lean out/loose fat, and get toned.

its as simple as watching your total food intake. eat fewer calories than you expend and you'll lose fat. so figure out how much you expend per day and drop it by a few hundred. a 500 calorie daily deficit is about 1lb per week of weight loss. and be sure to hit the weights in the gym (dumbbells, barbell) to build some muscle, and don't be afraid to go heavy.

LaurenDaniels
10-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Put on 20 pounds of lbm

at the risk of sounding like a stereotypical blonde newbie, what does "lbm" stand for and do you have any recommendations for how i might go about it? (yep, i'm litereally THAT new to all of this) :P

MikeK46
10-20-2010, 10:53 AM
lbm = lean body mass aka muscle. it was a joke lol

VDubb
10-20-2010, 10:55 AM
its as simple as watching your total food intake. eat fewer calories than you expend and you'll lose fat. so figure out how much you expend per day and drop it by a few hundred. a 500 calorie daily deficit is about 1lb per week of weight loss. and be sure to hit the weights in the gym (dumbbells, barbell) to build some muscle, and don't be afraid to go heavy.

^Good advice here......

LaurenDaniels
10-20-2010, 10:55 AM

i'm kinda tight on money and so i don't have a gym membership. (basically i just run around my neighborhood) i know that at some point i'll reach a plateau of some sort if i continue to just run... any "out of the gym" ideas you might suggest? thanks for your comment btw!

LaurenDaniels
10-20-2010, 10:58 AM
lbm = lean body mass aka muscle. it was a joke lol

ahh got ya! i definitely DEFINITELY want to acquire some lean body muscle; my issue is that my legs are pretty strong and a lot more muscular than my arms...

MikeK46
10-20-2010, 10:59 AM
i'm kinda tight on money and so i don't have a gym membership. (basically i just run around my neighborhood) i know that at some point i'll reach a plateau of some sort if i continue to just run... any "out of the gym" ideas you might suggest? thanks for your comment btw!

your diet is the main thing, focus on eating less than you expend but dont undereat too much...thats why i said you must have a good idea how much youre expending first.

if u cant hit a gym, u do bodyweight exercises at home or outside (pullups, pushups, etc)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler57.htm

LaurenDaniels
10-20-2010, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=MikeK46;564567831]your diet is the main thing, focus on eating less than you expend but dont undereat too much...thats why i said you must have a good idea how much youre expending first.

if u cant hit a gym, u do bodyweight exercises at home or outside (pullups, pushups, etc)

i agree, definitely good advice... i hope i'm not bothering you with too many silly questions but do you happen to know generally how many calories females (my age, weight, etc) expend on a given day?

irishbrah23
10-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Buy dumbells

MikeK46
10-20-2010, 11:09 AM
i agree, definitely good advice... i hope i'm not bothering you with too many silly questions but do you happen to know generally how many calories females (my age, weight, etc) expend on a given day?

How many have you been eating and how rapidly has the weight been going up?

You can use online calculators to give you a very rough estimate, but because everyone is different, your best indicator is monitoring your intake and watching the scale. The online calculators will probably estimate that you need to consume something like 1300-1400 calories to lose weight.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

http://www.caloriecontrol.org/healthy-weight-tool-kit/weight-maintenance-calculator-women

jake1224
10-20-2010, 11:15 AM
ITT potential eating disorder being enabled because OP is an attractive woman.

notawesome.

Scooter4
10-20-2010, 11:16 AM
I agree with what the others are saying. Not sure how good of an idea losing weight would be at this point. FOR SURE not 20lbs. I would focus on gaining a little bit of muscle and then get lean if that is what you really want to do. You have a good frame to work with.

ko300zx
10-20-2010, 11:27 AM
"I Wanna Make You Go "Grrrr""

Mission accomplished.

MikeK46
10-20-2010, 11:29 AM
Agreed. Losing 20lbs would look very unhealthy. There is no such thing as "toning" Lauren. Looking more "toned" means a drop in bodyfat, increase in lean mass, or a combination of both. Slightly tighter control on caloric intake plus resistance training will do the trick.

Mission accomplished.

lol...hey we all start somewhere. I always give someone props who at least takes some initiative to achieve a desired goal instead of convincing themselves that they have "bad genetics" or "big bones."

pepsies
10-20-2010, 11:29 AM

Mission accomplished.

Haha yeesh.

swanie
10-20-2010, 11:35 AM
oh gosh, trust me, i'm definitely not anywhere near an eating disorder; i just turned 29 last month and made a "b-day promise" to get healthy- both inside and out- and to loose some excess fat. i appreciate the concern though *blushing*

I dont understand, your 115 pounds, at 95 youd look anerexic, no one would find that attractive.

kmal
10-20-2010, 11:37 AM
thanks for the feedback! are there a particular type of bean or brand i should buy? (i'm a fantastic 'eater' but not exactly the greatest 'cooker', haha)

well, no particular brand, but get the dry beans you find next to the rice. all you gotta do is put them in a big pot, soak them over night, then let them simmer until they are soft and you can mash them down (usually 2-3 hours). its the easiest food to cook. make sure you dont add salt or seasoning before you start cooking or they'll take HOURS to cook. as soon as they get soft and you can mash them down, add salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and cinnamon to make them taste amazing. or you could add the actual onions and garlic before you start cooking, its just as good.

beans are a source of protein (and a complete source of protein. not sure why the rumour that it wasn't a complete protein was spread around. here's to confirm http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/legumes-and-legume-products/4289/2 ) and complex carbs, and most of all, they FILL YOU UP for not that many calories. it's such a nutrient dense food. try it once before a workout and tell me you dont love beans. it's like they give you infinite physical energy!!!

sweepone
10-20-2010, 11:53 AM

**(in a perfect world, i'd looove to have the type of body pam anderson did during her baywatch days- yummmy!)

again, i'm pretty much starting from ground zero and so any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated- yay!
be sweet,
Lauren

WUUUUTTT???? 20 lbs from 115?? Yuck. Nothing worse than a stick figure. Why don't you stay the same weight and shed the fat and build muscle??

BTW based upon your pics you are not even fat.

kdiamond55
10-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Why would you want to lose 20 pounds? You would look way too skinny.

You're at a good starting point, you look good, now you need to start adding some muscle in there.

Go buy "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" book and follow that. You can do all of the workouts at home with minimal equipment.

JValjean724
10-20-2010, 12:23 PM
aww thanks for all the kind words ya'll, but i really do want to get in super good shape. there's definitely always room for improvement, right :)

Getting in good shape does not equal losing weight. It does for some but not for you

Just trying to be honest even though it sounds slightly hypocritical coming from me

FunkymonkAW
10-20-2010, 12:26 PM
WTF you're 29? I would have guessed 21-24.

Guai
10-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Starting strength, 1/2 GOMAD, +10 lbs of muscle = wtfhot.

But that's just IMO.

MikeK46
10-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Starting strength, 1/2 GOMAD, +10 lbs of muscle = wtfhot.

But that's just IMO.

LMAO

No dumbbells? That's OK. Nothin' that chuggin' gallons of milk and some heavy a$$ to grass squats can't fix!

Lauren, how much do you deadlift? Get ready to double that!

Guai
10-20-2010, 12:33 PM
LMAO

No dumbbells? That's OK. Nothin' that chuggin' gallons of milk and some heavy a$$ to grass squats can't fix!

Lauren, how much do you deadlift? Get ready to double that!

Facts.

MikeK46
10-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Indeed.

http://www.crossfitstc.com/wp-content/uploads/hot_girl_squat.jpg

Alan David
10-20-2010, 12:38 PM
Don't know where the 20 pounds of fat you wish to lose is residing, honestly.

For getting a bit leaner though, as mentioned you want to eat less calories than you
expend on a daily basis.
Here is a good tool to figure out what you should eat, calorie wise
http://www.freedieting.com/tools/nutrient_calculator.htm

Considering your size and shape, I'd aim for eating maintanence calories or just lower ( 200 calories or so) and doing more cardio. A circuit cardio routine can help with dropping fat and gaining muscle.

An example circuit cardio to begin -
Sprint 50 m
Do 10 pushups (balanced on your knees if you don't have the strength for the normal ones)
Do 10 body squats ( just bend at the knees until your ass meets your heels )
Do 20 jumping jacks

Rest about 20-3 0 seconds and repeat the process, for a total of 5 or 6 circuits

You can also substitute squat thrusts, burpies, or just about anything you'd care to.
The idea is to get your heart pumping, and to build strength. Try to mix
body weight ( pushups ) with aerobic ( jumping jacks)

Track your results and look to increase - for example
in a few weeks try more sets, and/ or 15 pushups, 15 squats, 30 jumping jacks, etc.

There are dozens of options for bodyweight exercises. You can get in fair shape, and definitely lose fat without a gym or weights. Resistance bands or light weight dumbells are
cheap and effective.

Guai
10-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Indeed.

[img]http://www.crossfitstc.com/wp-content/uploads/hot_girl_squat.jpg[img]

Despite being shopped, I absolutely adore that picture. Want to meet girls like that IRL.

GonePhishin
10-20-2010, 01:17 PM
20 pounds from where exactly?

don't try to lose any weight. You are 29, not 19.

If you really think you have 20 pounds to lose, I suggest you talk to a professional about your body image issues.

If you want to get "leaner" lift weights and put on muscle. It will burn some fat in the process, but will be replaced with muscle. You will look leaner, but your weight won't go down.

kfisherx
10-20-2010, 01:32 PM
hi, ya'll! i'm really new to all of this and i was just wondering if ya'll had any helpful suggestions (what to buy, workout ideas, etc) for me.... here's a little info about myself:

Weight: 115lbs
Height: 5ft 2in
Measurements: 32-25-34
Body Type: Petite
Exercise: runs about 20 minutes 3-4 times a week
Nutrition: try to eat low carb
Athletic Background: Gymnast, Competitive Figure Skater, Drill/Dance Team (i.e. strong legs, weak arms haha)

be sweet,
Lauren

If you lost 20lbs of anything you would be significantly underweight for your height and very unhealthy. I am gonna attribute this "stupid" goal to your complete lack of basic information versus an actual eating disorder.

There is a female folder on this board that has two sub folders you may find very useful. The nutrition and the training one. There are a couple of stickies in those folders that are great launching points for someone wishing to get the "very basics" of body recomping. (Which is what you really want to do IMHO)

Realistically, you should be attempting to hold onto or potentially even increase scale weight while dropping some bodyfat. Of course since we are a bodybuilding site, we are going to tell you to lift sum weights and drop the cardio because you really don't have any appreciable muscle right now. We want to see women looking healthy NOT like skinny runway models. If you are going more for the skinny runway model look then the whole cardio route is probably fine for you. BUT do it at a VERY, VERY light deficit (like 1 lb or less a month) in order to preserve the tiny bit of muscle that you currenlty do have.

ZailZ
10-20-2010, 01:41 PM
i'd tap that

jenmendez89
10-20-2010, 01:54 PM
If you lost 20lbs of anything you would be significantly underweight for your height and very unhealthy. I am gonna attribute this "stupid" goal to your complete lack of basic information versus an actual eating disorder.

There is a female folder on this board that has two sub folders you may find very useful. The nutrition and the training one. There are a couple of stickies in those folders that are great launching points for someone wishing to get the "very basics" of body recomping. (Which is what you really want to do IMHO)

Realistically, you should be attempting to hold onto or potentially even increase scale weight while dropping some bodyfat. Of course since we are a bodybuilding site, we are going to tell you to lift sum weights and drop the cardio because you really don't have any appreciable muscle right now. We want to see women looking healthy NOT like skinny runway models. If you are going more for the skinny runway model look then the whole cardio route is probably fine for you. BUT do it at a VERY, VERY light deficit (like 1 lb or less a month) in order to preserve the tiny bit of muscle that you currenlty do have.

This x100

Sorry OP but losing 20 lbs won't get you the body you want unless you want to look really unhealthy and emaciated. Hit the weights hard, eat, and your body will do the rest.
Thin =/= Fit...
Muscles = Fit

charlie335
10-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Lauren doesn't want to lose weight, she wants to lose fat.

jenmendez89
10-20-2010, 02:03 PM

Lauren doesn't want to lose weight, she wants to lose fat.

Did ya not read the post?...

Flyin Ryan
10-20-2010, 02:05 PM
<--- doesn't want a girl with better quads than him.
Although, chick in that picture is mighty fine. Shopped or not.

OP, you definitely don't need to lose weight... MUCH LESS 20 pounds of it.
You're already making the majority of people in this discussion go "grrrrr..." anyway.

Pretty much just eat and exercise as your doing, and you'll improve your body composition without gaining or losing weight. Results will be a little slow, but it'll be much better than attempting to lose weight.

spicyprice
10-20-2010, 03:04 PM
ITT: STRONG WK.

OK, if you were a guy you would have gotten called a troll and shredded for posting this ridiculous thread.

And if you are serious about getting fit, I second "New Rules of Lifting for Women." Read it while recovering from surgery and LOVED the workout plan. SO ready to get to work when I am cleared to lift again. For you it is a must read.

cmbc
10-20-2010, 03:42 PM
20lbs?

She's hideous, needs to lose a lot more than that.

xHylios55x
10-20-2010, 04:08 PM
imho 20 lbs is rediculous, where the hell would that 20lbs come from? 5-8 lbs MAX.

if u lost that much weight im positive that if you held a flashlight to your lower back in the dark you could see your spine from the front.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:X-WOwYwLp1f7eM:http://awearnessblog.com/liza/26-italy-fashion-anorexia.jpg&t=1

^ not attractive. on the other hand....how you are right now is very attractive. just my 2c

HI_KKM
10-20-2010, 04:36 PM
OK, if you were a guy you would have gotten called a troll and shredded for posting this ridiculous thread.

everyone in this post just got called out!

Zelda55
10-20-2010, 04:42 PM
http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr165/calmdownatthedisco/Gifs/fap.gif

OMG! prob the second or third time i've EVER literally laughed out loud at a forum post. most of these gifs that people think are hilariously really aren't that great, but goddamn that was hilarious.

Kamapuaa
10-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Yeah maybe it's a troll. Going for 5'2" 95 lbs would be absurd.

If the OP is for real and just doesn't know anything, I think the Brains over Brawn book is pretty good and a quick read, I've recommended it to friends. It's a free e-book available at http://brainoverbrawn.com/get-the-book/

Flyin Ryan
10-20-2010, 04:55 PM

QFT.

*brb, deleting previous post*
<_<

spicyprice
10-20-2010, 05:11 PM
[QUOTE=Kamapuaa;564729881]Yeah maybe it's a troll. Going for 5'2" 95 lbs would be absurd.

If the OP is for real and just doesn't know anything, I think the Brains over Brawn book is pretty good and a quick read, I've recommended it to friends. It's a free e-book available at [url]

actually, I changed my mind. Not trolling. Attention-whoring/compliment-fishing.

moneymango
10-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Assuming this isnt a troll...

Dont lose any weight you're already too skinny as it is. Definitly put on some LBM

BloodRaged
10-20-2010, 06:50 PM
This thread was tldr....

BUT....

From what I did read on the first post....

Don't drop weight, rather work on gaining more muscle in the area's you want to tone up.
In the process of doing so you should be able to help burn the fat when you get to about where you want to be.

Until you actually develop the under muscles for let's say Abs or something... it won't matter and while you do look very good in those pics, it doesn't matter what we think it's how you feel about yourself.

The goal you want to reach is obtainable but you should work on educating yourself more before you mess things up or two get yourself a professional coach who can help you reach those goals.

Good luck.

LaurenDaniels
10-20-2010, 07:33 PM

If the OP is for real and just doesn't know anything, I think the Brains over Brawn book is pretty good and a quick read, I've recommended it to friends. It's a free e-book available at

actually, I changed my mind. Not trolling. Attention-whoring/compliment-fishing.[/QUOTE]

wow, i have no idea where to begin...

thanks to all ya'll who have offered informative feedback and suggestions

as for the name calling and other malicious posts, i'm totally shocked and really offended by such harsh words/accusations, etc

negative replys such as the one above is exactly why so many people are too intimidated to take on a healthy lifestyle challenge; i never meant to offend any of you or appear so shallow that i would have to go to such great lengths simply because i seek 'compliments' (i.e. create a profile on this website, ask genuine questions regarding nutrition, etc)

so, basically, if my thread irritates you- just ignore it

i am genuine in my goals and sincerely appreciate thoughtful suggestions/feedback

p.s. i have no clue what ITT or OP stands for; and please do note that my asking BEGINNER questions regarding TOPICS OF FUTURE INTEREST doesn't constitute such rude remarks pertaining to my intelligence, etc

(seriously, if you don't have anything helpful to include then why are you even wasting your time?

LaurenDaniels
10-20-2010, 07:34 PM

If the OP is for real and just doesn't know anything, I think the Brains over Brawn book is pretty good and a quick read, I've recommended it to friends. It's a free e-book available at

actually, I changed my mind. Not trolling. Attention-whoring/compliment-fishing.

wow, i have no idea where to begin...

thanks to all ya'll who have offered informative feedback and suggestions

as for the name calling and other malicious posts, i'm totally shocked and really offended by such harsh words/accusations, etc

negative replys such as the one above is exactly why so many people are too intimidated to take on a healthy lifestyle challenge; i never meant to offend any of you or appear so shallow that i would have to go to such great lengths simply because i seek 'compliments' (i.e. create a profile on this website, ask genuine questions regarding nutrition, etc)

so, basically, if my thread irritates you- just ignore it

i am genuine in my goals and sincerely appreciate thoughtful suggestions/feedback

p.s. i have no clue what ITT or OP stands for; and please do note that my asking BEGINNER questions regarding TOPICS OF FUTURE INTEREST doesn't constitute such rude remarks pertaining to my intelligence, etc

(seriously, if you don't have anything helpful to include then why are you even wasting your time?[/QUOTE]

LaurenDaniels
10-20-2010, 07:58 PM
QFT.

*brb, deleting previous post*
<_<

i have no clue what "QFT" stands for... yes, i'm that much of a BEGINNER

MikeK46
10-20-2010, 08:22 PM
Original Poster, In This Thread, Quoted For Truth

no clue what WK stands for though :)

Flyin Ryan
10-20-2010, 08:22 PM
i have no clue what "QFT" stands for... yes, i'm that much of a BEGINNER

quoted for truth.

What spicyprice was eluding to by saying "WK" is "white knight", meaning, a ton of males trying to be super nice to you in hopes of getting some sort of recognition. Or something.

And she's totally right... if a dude posted this kind of thread, it would have definitely been ignored lmao.

But in short... don't try and lose weight. Much less 20 pounds.
My guess is you'd look kinda awful if you lost 20 pounds.

LaurenDaniels
10-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Original Poster, In This Thread, Quoted For Truth

no clue what WK stands for though :)

hey mike! thanks for all of your suggestions and acronym breakdowns; it's nice to know that there are genuinely nice, helpful people out there not looking to bash me *half wink*

keep in touch k! :)
be sweet,
LD

LaurenDaniels
10-20-2010, 08:32 PM
quoted for truth.

What spicyprice was eluding to by saying "WK" is "white knight", meaning, a ton of males trying to be super nice to you in hopes of getting some sort of recognition. Or something.

And she's totally right... if a dude posted this kind of thread, it would have definitely been ignored lmao.

But in short... don't try and lose weight. Much less 20 pounds.
My guess is you'd look kinda awful if you lost 20 pounds.

just wanted to thank you as well for offering kind words of encouragement... after all the bashing i just read i freakin' needed it, haha!

and as for the weight thing, i'm seriously gunna change that NOW- my goal was to get healthy, inside and out, and still be a sexy curvy chic.... 20lbs was just a quick estimation

thanks again, ryan, and keep in touch. :D
be sweet,
LD

LaurenDaniels
10-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Did ya not read the post?...

hey, jen! just wanted to say a quick thank you for the enouraging post... i definitely don't wanna look emaciated or anything close to that- my goal is to get really healthy, inside and out, and become physically fit (i.e. which, from the responses to my thread, means to put on lean muscle- at least i learned something from all this craziness, right!?!) ;)

keep up the amazing work, chicky and take care.
be sweet,
Lauren

spicyprice
10-20-2010, 08:41 PM

[/QUOTE]

HUH?

Honey, they are called stickies and they are at the top of the board. Freakin read them and all of your beginner questions would be answered. There is also this cool new invention called google. There is also the possibility of lurking...... learning by reading from other posts, seeing what questions have been asked before (aka search function) and just plain sitting quietly and taking in what the website is about. Oh yea, and who can forget the billions of articles on the supersite.

INSTEAD of reading those pesky little threads at the top, you decided to post a thread wherein you tell everyone you need to lose 20lbs of fat. You know that chic who comes to work everyday bitching about her hair so that everyone tells her her hair looks good?
yeah, thats you on here. "OMGz i need to lose the fatz." you know good and well you dont need to lose 20lbs but by posting that you have people beefing your ego telling you "no way, you look good, you dont need to lose fat" blah blah blah.

Srsly, makes our gender look bad.

MikeK46
10-20-2010, 08:42 PM

not sure what kind of recognition, or "something", they can get from an online board...

I have respect for those who actually put the effort into coming here asking for advice and trying to learn something about how to achieve a fitness goal...provided they do so in a polite, respectful manner and admit they're completely in the dark about the subject. Many people don't bother. Guy, girl, doesn't matter.

Simmo0508
10-20-2010, 08:57 PM
spoon + tits or gtfo.

/yall*****sbepostininatrollthread.jpg

LaurenDaniels
10-20-2010, 09:03 PM
spoon + tits or gtfo.

/yall*****sbepostininatrollthread.jpg

i can't tell if you are trying to be insulting or make a joke... :(

what does "gtfo" stand for

Jellyrolls
10-20-2010, 09:21 PM
BULK
EAT

Lmao :)

*troll*

nick1990
10-20-2010, 10:08 PM
HUH?

Honey, they are called stickies and they are at the top of the board. Freakin read them and all of your beginner questions would be answered. There is also this cool new invention called google. There is also the possibility of lurking...... learning by reading from other posts, seeing what questions have been asked before (aka search function) and just plain sitting quietly and taking in what the website is about. Oh yea, and who can forget the billions of articles on the supersite.

INSTEAD of reading those pesky little threads at the top, you decided to post a thread wherein you tell everyone you need to lose 20lbs of fat. You know that chic who comes to work everyday bitching about her hair so that everyone tells her her hair looks good?
yeah, thats you on here. "OMGz i need to lose the fatz." you know good and well you dont need to lose 20lbs but by posting that you have people beefing your ego telling you "no way, you look good, you dont need to lose fat" blah blah blah.

Srsly, makes our gender look bad.[/QUOTE]

catfight?

tanikR32
10-20-2010, 10:50 PM
eat healthy foods that you enjoy and do the prison workouts
bodyweight squats, lunges, etc
burpees, pushups, pullups/dips, sprint intervals

you look great but if you want to improve further that will most likely do the trick

Scooter4
10-20-2010, 11:17 PM
Wait a minute.....
http://www.pixacom.com/model/112/Lauren-Daniels.html
http://www.wallpapergate.com/data/media/4928/Lauren_Daniels_43220.jpg

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2790021&d=1287595540

On Fire
10-20-2010, 11:33 PM
i can't tell if you are trying to be insulting or make a joke... :(

what does "gtfo" stand for

He's asking for a "spoon pic" it's a tradition here. You take a pic of yourself with a spoon, so we know you're not some dude with nothing better to do than post dumb threads on message boards to bait dudes into replying.

Anyhow, my advice is simple. You dont need to lose weight, you need to lower your fat and increase your fat free mass. Start lifting weights.

BookMonkey
10-20-2010, 11:39 PM
Am I the only one that jumped into this thread thinking "wtf?"

This thread just seems unreal...

Edit: Apparently I was too slow to respond, cause Scooter got it before me. Yeah...bull****...

Second Edit: Nvm, seems by the time I read through the thread, a whole bunch of other internet investigators figured it out...