PDA

View Full Version : Noob Question....I know, they annoy me too...

TylerMitchell22
10-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Sorry for the noon question, god knows I hate them as well.....
I'm pretty meticulous with my allocated macronutrients. We all hear sweets in moderation are fine, but "moderation" is matter of opinion...
Will consuming 1 oatmeal cream pie every day at dinner affect my gains/body fat percentage if I stay within my macros?

Cal: 170
Fat: 7 (sat: 2)
Carbs: 26

PBateman2
10-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Nope.

hrdgain3r89
10-19-2010, 08:05 PM
You could have 5 with dinner if you remained within macros.

I remember when I was a super-strict clean eater but was slowly fitting in "dirty" foods....i used to have 2 fat-free Fig Newtons with lunch/preworkout meal every day. If its more of a ritualistic "comfort food" thing by all means go for it.

IMO in light of the fall spirit you should alternate between oatmeal cream pies and those little debbie pumpkin snack cakes lol.....mmmmmmmm

dustinh6719
10-19-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm all for adding little things like that into a persons diet daily even though some are against it. I went 8-9 months without having anything like that and eating chicken/brocolli/eggwhites day in and day out, so I just started eating the **** out of junk food one day a week which I do not advocate, but once I started incorporating stuff like that in daily the cravings went away.

Moral of the story: Go for it!

K-Dawg_05
10-19-2010, 08:12 PM
no... but i'd rather have .5 cup oats with stevia, SF syrup, or SF pudding... just more filling and satisfying, but if thats what you want then go for it.

TylerMitchell22
10-19-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm a super strict vegetarian. I'm so strict that it would lead to me bingeing every Friday/Saturday night when I went out, which cuts your gains. I've found having that itty bitty cookie allowed me to keep my sanity when I went out. I was just checking to sure. Thanks.