PDA

View Full Version : How did Colt McCoy look against the Steelers?

caj
10-18-2010, 07:30 AM
They didn't show the game in my area, but I've read that Colt looked better than expected against the Steelers. Some are even saying he played pretty good. I know he had two interceptions, but he also threw a td.

For people who watched the game, how good or bad was Colt?

cor030
10-18-2010, 07:32 AM
I only saw part of it, but he looked pretty good. One of his interceptions was a perfect pass that his receiver couldn't catch.

wrenny420
10-18-2010, 07:34 AM
He did good in my opinion. He wasn't shy and relying on small dump passes. He opened up a bit. The defense lost that game, not Colt. Hope he stays that way.

I'm pretty sure Seneca or Jake will start when they come back but Colt showed he can do it and hopefully he will turn into a franchise QB next year or two.

caj
10-18-2010, 07:45 AM
Glad to hear he played well.

You know, I didn't have high expectations for him when he took over for Vince Young at Texas, but he's a player.

I'll never forget him dragging two defenders into the endzone last year. He's got a strong will, so hopefully he'll develop into a great NFL qb.

Onita
10-18-2010, 07:46 AM
He looked ok. Was VERY skittish early. He was quick to pull the ball down and run. Considering it was against the Steelers and he was down 2 receivers, it was a good game.

EDIT re: gameplan: I was cringing at the fact that we ran the fake end around play 1st down like 5 times in a row. I'm pretty sure we only had ~4 plays in the playbook.

Srs Thread
10-18-2010, 07:47 AM
he played well, but most of his stats and big throws were in complete garbage time. The Steelers were barely blitzing him after halftime.

With that said, i was impressed with his poise and accuracy.

thegenerel
10-18-2010, 08:05 AM
he did better than i expected (overall). he was definitely anxious and looked like he felt rushed. the gameplan was a big part in his performance. they did a good job in calling plays where he was able to hit short throws. as he loosened up, he played better.

magicmatt
10-18-2010, 08:08 AM
i hope he doesnt fall into the same trap as teh rest of the browns players. he needs to develop then get traded

cncman
10-18-2010, 08:27 AM
he did better than i expected (overall). he was definitely anxious and looked like he felt rushed. the gameplan was a big part in his performance. they did a good job in calling plays where he was able to hit short throws. as he loosened up, he played better.

I'd **** my jock if my first starting game was against the steelers :)

evilsteve02
10-18-2010, 03:41 PM
he played well, but most of his stats and big throws were in complete garbage time. The Steelers were barely blitzing him after halftime.

With that said, i was impressed with his poise and accuracy.

not true, the line picked up the blitz or they'd run a screen to avoid the sack.

Loswaldo
10-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Haven't seen it but statistically looked good for a rookie starter against one of the top, if not the top, Defences in the league.

Hardcore_D00d
10-18-2010, 03:58 PM
basically he was exposed as the truth.

kyleTX
10-18-2010, 04:00 PM
he was very composed, I was surprised. I'm just glad the steelers covered