PDA

View Full Version : creatine

dazt
10-17-2010, 01:44 PM
do you have to take creatine to get big games or can i just take protien?

also, is it ok to take 4 whey protien a day or is this to much and unhealthy?

Munoo
10-17-2010, 01:50 PM
No, you don't NEED creatine to get big gains if thats what your grammar is trying to say, you simply need to lift, eat alot and rest/sleep.

And expand on that last bit, 4 what? scoops, shakes...

dazt
10-17-2010, 01:55 PM
No, you don't NEED creatine to get big gains if thats what your grammar is trying to say, you simply need to lift, eat alot and rest/sleep.

And expand on that last bit, 4 what? scoops, shakes...

yeh is it ok to have 4 scoop of protein a day or is that to much? i'm asking because i weight 135bls and someone says i have to eat at least 135g of protein.

also why is sleep so important to getting big? sorry if thats a stupid question.

Munoo
10-17-2010, 02:02 PM
yeh is it ok to have 4 scoop of protein a day or is that to much? i'm asking because i weight 135bls and someone says i have to eat at least 135g of protein.

also why is sleep so important to getting big? sorry if thats a stupid question.

4 scoops should be about 2 servings so i dont see why that would be too much no, but 4 shakes however, would be too much.

well while in the gym all your doing is tearing muscle fibres, and while you rest and eat that is when they essentially 'repair' and get bigger. So while you sleep you rest, and while you rest you get big, simple as that.

dazt
10-17-2010, 02:18 PM
4 scoops should be about 2 servings so i dont see why that would be too much no, but 4 shakes however, would be too much.

well while in the gym all your doing is tearing muscle fibres, and while you rest and eat that is when they essentially 'repair' and get bigger. So while you sleep you rest, and while you rest you get big, simple as that.

thanks mate. one of my whey protien scoops = 17.6g so 4 of them so would be about 70g.

so thats fine to make up my 135g of protein through 4 scoops a day and the rest on steaks chicken and other food?

paulgnc24
10-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Personally I just take my shakes in th morning and aft workouts.. the rest I get from foods. You don't need creatine but its a big help. You need sleep to get big because your pituitary gland only works when you sleep so be sure to get atleast 8-10 hours a day;). And rest don't ever over train atleast give each muscle group 72 hours of rest before you work them out again.

dazt
10-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Personally I just take my shakes in th morning and aft workouts.. the rest I get from foods. You don't need creatine but its a big help. You need sleep to get big because your pituitary gland only works when you sleep so be sure to get atleast 8-10 hours a day;). And rest don't ever over train atleast give each muscle group 72 hours of rest before you work them out again.

cheers mate. has creatine got any side affects?

arkmuscle
10-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Creatine supplies energy to your muscles. Your body naturally produces it from eating meat protein sources. Taking 5-20 g a day won't have any adverse side effects.

dazt
10-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Creatine supplies energy to your muscles. Your body naturally produces it from eating meat protein sources. Taking 5-20 g a day won't have any adverse side effects.

ok bud cheers