PDA

View Full Version : To gain muscle do I need to eat more?

BasketballPat
10-17-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm a basketball player, 6 foot 6 and 17 years old.
Past few months i've been losing all what body fat I can and now weigh 184 pounds and have finally obtained a six pack. I now want to bulk up, i have been lifting alot of weights and eating a whole lot of protein rich foods but i have been told i need to eat alot more and cut back on cardio but what should i do?
Should i keep on eating healthy with a lot of protein in my diet and do weights and cardio or change my diet? I want to keep as ripped as possible.

theriftable
10-17-2010, 01:28 PM
i would say keep eating clean with lots of protein but slightly increase your calorie intake by about 300-500 calories a day. since you are a basketball player i doubt you would want to reduce your cardio so keep doing your normal cardio along with lifting heavy weights and you should gain lean muscle.

(im not an expert, but thats what worked for me in the past)

Munoo
10-17-2010, 01:38 PM
The answer to the title is yes, if you wanna put on the pounds then just eat and rest, you can still do cardio but keep it to a lower level than before and only do it on off days.

Reformed90
10-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Yes, gaining muscle does not happen in the gym. All that happens in the gym is your breaking the muscle fibers down

The growth happens outside the gym, you should be consuming the right types of foods and hitting your macros daily for your bulk

feinburgrl
10-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Count your calorie intake and find out how whats your BMI. Once you do that you can get a good idea how much you need to eat. Do you know how to workout?

BasketballPat
10-19-2010, 01:47 AM
yeah i know how to work that out, thanks for all the advice i will keep up the cardio but step up the intensity on the weights and keep on with my protein shakes etc :)

AlwaysTryin
10-19-2010, 01:49 AM
Count your calorie intake and find out how whats your BMI. Once you do that you can get a good idea how much you need to eat. Do you know how to workout?

You mean his BMR, not BMI

BMI is as useless as tits on a bull

BasketballPat
10-19-2010, 11:38 PM
my bmr is 2087 it says

MarkVI
10-19-2010, 11:55 PM
my bmr is 2087 it says

No way, try adding 1k to that maybe.