PDA

View Full Version : Training > next morning dead

Uchaaa
10-11-2010, 08:00 AM
After a workout I feel good, but in the next morning Iam very sore. I dont hear the alarm bell and have troubles getting up. Iam sore the whole day. I dont get why training makes me so dead the next day. I eat healthy and I use the basic supplements. Any tipps?

Bromenclature
10-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Are you new to weight training? If so, delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) is to be expected. Don't get discouraged - it won't be so bad after awhile.

Personally I enjoy the soreness that comes after a work out. It makes me feel like I did a good job.

Uchaaa
10-11-2010, 08:11 AM
Iam not new. Iam doing squat 115 kilogramms 5x5, deadlift 145 kg 5x3 and bench press 90 kg 5x5. But Iam so sore the next day that I have troubles getting up. And I want to train more. Iam doing Karate also. My brother trains more than me but is less sore.

Bromenclature
10-11-2010, 08:16 AM
Iam not new. Iam doing squat 115 kilogramms 5x5, deadlift 145 kg 5x3 and bench press 90 kg 5x5. But Iam so sore the next day that I have troubles getting up. And I want to train more. Iam doing Karate also. My brother trains more than me but is less sore.

Okay well make sure that you aren't over-training. Allow a week of recovery time between sessions that train the same muscle group.

sid007
10-11-2010, 08:20 AM
Are you new to weight training? If so, delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) is to be expected. Don't get discouraged - it won't be so bad after awhile.

Personally I enjoy the soreness that comes after a work out. It makes me feel like I did a good job.

this .. the soreness feels good.

But not to a point that you can't function the next day. Then you may need more rest, more food, more breaks. A little trial and error to see what works best for you.

Uchaaa
10-11-2010, 08:44 AM
I was fully recovered and I eat up to 4000 kcal @ 73 kg bw.