PDA

View Full Version : Diet for 51 days while deployed

Gelezinis.Vilkas
10-11-2010, 04:30 AM
I maintained a strict diet for 51 days while deployed. To test the theory that food is 80% physical activity is 20% of your overall physique.

I logged everything I ate on my Iphone through an app called 'Muscle Gain'.

The sugar is high due to 2-3 CLIF bars a day and RAW Un-Cooked Honey ( by the tsp)

I am 6'3 and genetically have a med-high metabolism.

Eating 6-7 times a day ~every 2 hours to attempt to gain muscle while losing fat to gain more pronounced definition.

Being deployed limited my selection of foods. However I was able to get alot of 'raw' vegetables. I ate 0 meat during the 1 days and usually don't in general.

I did minimal Cardio.
__________________________________________________ _______________________
I am now trying to incorporate a moderate amount of it to see if i can get better results than before. However my food selection now is all crap, from UGRAS. Basically frozen boxed food, re-heated/boiled. I drink over 1.3 Gallons of water a day ~ 10-15 500ml Bottles of water.

I take a leanbody packed as breakfast + Animal Pack. Then every 2 hours I take 24-25g of worth of Protein powder + a CLIFF bar or small/medium meal. Ending the day with Casein protein before bed + a 'HGH' spray which is 8 BCAA's ( Syntropin spray ).

Limited to WHITE Rice, Random processed meats, over boiled vegetables which have been salted/sugared or buttered.

Any suggestions? Comments, on how I could improve.

rich503
10-11-2010, 04:48 AM
Difficult to see what the results were due to the "pose" and the difference (color) in the photos. It is sort of an underwear model stance and I cannot really see a difference. Any idea of body fat percentages? Any change in weight?

servvs
10-11-2010, 05:25 AM
Looks like you lost a little bit in your arms but gained in your chest.

Gelezinis.Vilkas
10-11-2010, 05:26 AM
Difficult to see what the results were due to the "pose" and the difference (color) in the photos. It is sort of an underwear model stance and I cannot really see a difference. Any idea of body fat percentages? Any change in weight?

Went from my usual average weight of 195 +/- 3 lbs & 14-11% Bodyfat since I was 18. To 182 Lbs with 4.5% Bodyfat.

Bromenclature
10-11-2010, 06:23 AM
Went from my usual average weight of 195 +/- 3 lbs & 14-11% Bodyfat since I was 18. To 182 Lbs with 4.5% Bodyfat.

That's not 4.5% body fat.

4-5% body fat is achieved for a few hours at a time by body builders at shows

Gelezinis.Vilkas
10-11-2010, 06:27 AM
That's not 4.5% body fat.

4-5% body fat is achieved for a few hours at a time by body builders at shows

I'm going off the caliper and wheel 'military standard' I got from Bodybuilding.com as a gift. Triple checked the measurements and math. All I got out here.

Gelezinis.Vilkas
10-16-2010, 04:18 AM
defender body fat caliper search it on bb.com store I used that.

I followed all the instructions and over time I saw BF go down over the 51 days.... after R&R I was back to 6.5% BF... or w/e

SO this tool is NOT accurate ?

( assuming from the one post and the low rate on the item itself. )

AlwaysTryin
10-16-2010, 04:38 AM
No it's not and you aren't 4% unless stage lean

Sorry

Gelezinis.Vilkas
10-16-2010, 04:55 AM
No it's not and you aren't 4% unless stage lean

Sorry

Googling stage lean did not answer my question, so if you would be so kind.

And as far as the #'s it was a an experiment... so I don't care about being wrong or disappointed I'm not 4%... I can only produce whatever tools I have avail in the middle of the desert.

What would be an accurate way to measure BF for future ref?