PDA

View Full Version : HIIT and carbs

JustinRideout
10-01-2010, 01:38 AM
Why not just not eat carbs on HIIT days and not do HIIT ? I eat around 100 carbs a day , so at least 400 calories less .

KillaKev001
10-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Why not just not eat carbs on HIIT days and not do HIIT ? I eat around 100 carbs a day , so at least 400 calories less .

It's up to you. A calorie deficit is a calorie deficit. I don't eat carbs & still do HIIT.

BigD208
10-01-2010, 07:52 AM
Do whatever you want. If your in a deficit your golden.

williamshane
10-01-2010, 10:53 AM

The goal of HIIT is to increase your resting metabolic rate. By increasing your resting metabolic rate your body burns more calories. If your diet is set up so that you're functioning at a calorie deficit, that slow steady burn will eat away at your fat stores.

If your resting metabolic rate is lower, then you won't be steadily burning away at your fat as quickly.

It isn't all about eating less carbs or doing more exercise, although the more elements you have in the place the better you'll do.

If you're interested in reading up on it in more detail I wrote an article a couple weeks ago for some friends who were interested in losing fat while maintaining muscle. It explains HIIT and dieting and supplementation and how it all contributes to fat loss:

http://foxhoundstudio.com/blog/fitness-lifestyle/the-rapid-healthy-fat-loss-system-reveal-the-abs-under-the-flabs-not-your-ribcage/

Hope that helps.
Good luck man!

My best,
Shane

JustinRideout
10-01-2010, 12:00 PM
The goal of HIIT is to increase your resting metabolic rate. By increasing your resting metabolic rate your body burns more calories. If your diet is set up so that you're functioning at a calorie deficit, that slow steady burn will eat away at your fat stores.

If your resting metabolic rate is lower, then you won't be steadily burning away at your fat as quickly.

It isn't all about eating less carbs or doing more exercise, although the more elements you have in the place the better you'll do.

If you're interested in reading up on it in more detail I wrote an article a couple weeks ago for some friends who were interested in losing fat while maintaining muscle. It explains HIIT and dieting and supplementation and how it all contributes to fat loss:

http://foxhoundstudio.com/blog/fitness-lifestyle/the-rapid-healthy-fat-loss-system-reveal-the-abs-under-the-flabs-not-your-ribcage/

Hope that helps.
Good luck man!

My best,
Shane

I'll read your article , because more info = WIN

Backtothestack
10-01-2010, 12:52 PM

Hope that helps.
Good luck man!

My best,
Shane

Cold showers. Thanks for the lulz

liammccarthy
10-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Cold showers. Thanks for the lulz
screw calorie counting and training. I'm just gonna eat 5lbs of cayenne peppers and sit in an ice bath all day. That should burn about 10,000 calories right?