PDA

View Full Version : i weight 160 i would like to get to a lean 200 or 220 pounds

david234
09-29-2010, 10:47 AM
i weight 160 i want to get bigger i am thinking of going on a keto diet that would be low carb and take in alot of caloires from fish maybe around 4000 cals or a bit more a day so i am thinking weight trainig 3 days a week and on days off three 20 min session of cardio as my cals are so hight why i am thinking for doing this is i am thinking of doing this is the cardio will burn the fat and the high cals will build me up but i am not shur if i would be going the wright weight about this could any1 tell me if i would be going the wrong or right road hear. say on a weight training day do 20 min hiit cardio in morning, midday weights and evening 20 mins hiit cardio on a exercise bike. and do that three days a week and days i am not weight train do 3 sessions of cardio morning midday and evening the cals will build me and the cardio will burn fat and carb up 1 day a week as fish have no carbs so as i will be haveing no carbs i will have to up my fat intake to 65%fat 30% protein 5%fat would this work for me does any1 thing thanks

Born2Ride
09-29-2010, 10:53 AM
i weight 160 i want to get bigger i am thinking of going on a keto diet that would be low carb and take in alot of caloires from fish maybe around 4000 cals or a bit more a day so i am thinking weight trainig 3 days a week and on days off three 20 min session of cardio as my cals are so hight why i am thinking for doing this is i am thinking of doing this is the cardio will burn the fat and the high cals will build me up but i am not shur if i would be going the wright weight about this could any1 tell me if i would be going the wrong or right road hear. say on a weight training day do 20 min hiit cardio in morning, midday weights and evening 20 mins hiit cardio on a exercise bike. and do that three days a week and days i am not weight train do 3 sessions of cardio morning midday and evening the cals will build me and the cardio will burn fat and carb up 1 day a week as fish have no carbs so as i will be haveing no carbs i will have to up my fat intake to 65%fat 30% protein 5%fat would this work for me does any1 thing thanks

A Keto diet is basically for cutting fat not bulking up.Yes Keto is 65f/30p/5c but you need to be on a 40p/40c/20f diet with 500 calories over maintenence which would be about 2500-2700 I would guess..This is just my 2 cents..I been on Keto for a month now and lost 10lbs of fat,but I have not gained a bit of muscle.

david234
09-29-2010, 10:59 AM
like i know if u want to lose fat u must cut carbs and lower cals but i want to put on mass so on a keto diet i would be takeing in alot of fat in thr form of fish but not much carbs so it i do the hiit cardio 3 takes a day and be eating 4000 or maybe more is it possable to put on lean mass i will be feeding my muscles and cardio will be burning fat could any body put me on the right road i am on 40protein 40carb 20fat i am doing 3 hiit cardio a day on exercise bike morning midday and evening and weights 3 days a week and and on weight days i do cardio morning and evening i eat 3500 cals a day and i am 160pounds

david234
09-29-2010, 11:05 AM
A Keto diet is basically for cutting fat not bulking up.Yes Keto is 65f/30p/5c but you need to be on a 40p/40c/20f diet with 500 calories over maintenence which would be about 2500-2700 I would guess..This is just my 2 cents..I been on Keto for a month now and lost 10lbs of fat,but I have not gained a bit of muscle.ok thanks very much for your reply on my Q buddy

Born2Ride
09-29-2010, 11:14 AM
ok thanks very much for your reply on my Q buddy

Mo problem..And Another tip,most people dont do that much intense cardio while trying to bulk,you take in the calories to put on muscle,but in your case your just burning those calories doing all that cardio..Try this,stick to the 40/40/20 diet at about 2700-3000 calories,lift hard and heavy atleast 4 days a week with no cardio and see what kind of gains you make,if you feel you are gaining a little fat then add in a little cardio after a workout or two.And dont use a scale to measure your gains,use a mirror!