PDA

View Full Version : The right foods to eat when you're broke?

luxecashmere
09-28-2010, 08:42 AM
I have not much money I can only spare $120 a month for food (I use coupons and buy stuff on sale). I'm a single female who only has to buy food for herself. I'm trying to lose fat and I don't want to have to cook. Because cooking takes way to long and when I want to eat I want to eat now. What are my best options?

swolejack5
09-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Man that should be plenty, well maybe. I spend about 15-20 bucks on chicken a week (5-7lbs) some apples/blueberries, almonds, eggs, and whey protein, add other little thing in here and there but if I had to guess I'm spending about 35.00 a week? Now that I think of it 120 isnt that much, I would just stock up on eggs/whey add in cheap whole meats accordingly.

luxecashmere
09-28-2010, 08:51 AM
Man that should be plenty, well maybe. I spend about 15-20 bucks on chicken a week (5-7lbs) some apples/blueberries, almonds, eggs, and whey protein, add other little thing in here and there but if I had to guess I'm spending about 35.00 a week? Now that I think of it 120 isnt that much, I would just stock up on eggs/whey add in cheap whole meats accordingly.

I don't eat meat or eggs it doesn't look appetizing and it has to be cooked. I'm lazy. It's a big obstacle for me. I don't want to cook or clean up after the cooking

zpaintballer
09-28-2010, 09:16 AM
"Because cooking takes way to long and when I want to eat I want to eat now. "

" I'm lazy. It's a big obstacle for me. I don't want to cook or clean up after the cooking"

you'll never get anything accomplished

get outta here

moojeni
09-28-2010, 09:17 AM
Milk
Cottage cheese
Yogurt
Tuna
Oats
Whole wheat bread
Almonds
Peanut butter
Fruits and vegetables

Acevedo85
09-28-2010, 09:21 AM
walmart

MrMetabolism
09-28-2010, 10:51 AM
whey protein, tuna, nuts and eggs

bbtour
09-28-2010, 11:00 AM
canned tuna
chef boyardee
hungryman
michellinas

MrMetabolism
09-28-2010, 11:03 AM
chef boyardee
hungryman
michellinas

no.

tbone_bk
09-28-2010, 11:06 AM
You're an adult, learn how to cook.

gatsby121
09-28-2010, 11:23 AM
even though this is probably a troll thread, ill post anyways

your problem isnt limited income, you are just lazy....lazy people dont lose weight, you realize its an obstacle for you so GET OVER IT and start cooking. If you cant force yourself to cook then your weight goals arent that important to you

hope this helps.

wallyworldfatty
09-28-2010, 12:23 PM
You're an adult, learn how to cook.

^^^^^^

BookMonkey
09-29-2010, 06:06 AM
I have not much money I can only spare $120 a month for food (I use coupons and buy stuff on sale). I'm a single female who only has to buy food for herself. I'm trying to lose fat and I don't want to have to cook. Because cooking takes way to long and when I want to eat I want to eat now. What are my best options?

Your best option is to change your lifestyle. Learn to cook, learn to be patient, and learn to live within your means. Also, places like Walmart and Target are your friends. Sure, canned beans are fast and cheap, but dry beans require cooking and you get so much more when you buy in bulk. If you don't understand a principle like this, be happy going broke fast for your inability to deal with life.

Note: Not trying to be mean. But you're 25. If you don't start learning to live properly now, when do you plan on doing it?

Viat
09-29-2010, 07:36 AM
I don't eat meat or eggs it doesn't look appetizing and it has to be cooked. I'm lazy. It's a big obstacle for me. I don't want to cook or clean up after the cooking

Have fun being (and staying) broke.