PDA

View Full Version : My personal Log going from 230 pounds to a goal of 180 pounds

lateeef
09-28-2010, 02:46 AM
I will log and put details on my diet and exercise. I am currently 220 pounds and was 230 pounds 2 weeks ago. I started my diet and exercise plan and though I would post a Log here on the forum for future reference and as a log for myself. Also and most importantly I would like some constructive criticism so I can improve on my plan. Thanks everyone.

A little background history ( not important )
Long story short.
I started lifting when I was 16 and did heavy weights 5 times a week with cardio about 2 times a week every week for about 6 months and went from a flabby 180 pounds to a leaner 175 pounds. I continued on and off for the next three years and had a decent body. Then I started college and gained weight ( 240 pounds) and did not lift at all or do any exercise so now I am at 230 pounds and will try to get back in shape. I tried to get back in shape last year and I did get down to 180 pounds only to gain it all back again and here I am now.

My diet and exercise plan now consists of:

6:30 am ( Cardio and abs )
8:00 am Meal 1- 3 eggs, 1/2 cup oatmeal, slice of bread
10:00 am 1 pear or apple, 1 cup lean ground beef or chicken or tuna
12:00 pm 1 apple or pear, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 scoops Whey ( gold standard 100% whey ON)
2:00 pm 1 apple or pear, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup ground beef or chicken or tuna
4:00 pm 1 apple or pear, 2 scoops whey, 1 cup cooked rice
4:45 pm Gym
6:00 pm 2 scoops whey
8:00 pm 1 cup lean ground beef or tuna or chicken
9:00 sleep

My workout plan is

Morning cardio 30 mins interval training jog/run/sprint/walk etc
abs and core muscle training

weightlifting split
Chest biceps
back triceps
Legs
Shoulders
Off
repeat

supplements
Whey
Zma

I will report in this log every week on monday and sometimes in between on my progress.

thanks all

cyco85
09-28-2010, 03:02 AM
Good luck dude. I have to say though, that's a lot of weight yo-yoing and you're only 22. While cutting, think about why you're going from 180->175->240->180->230 at such a young age. That will help you in the long term. It's a lifestyle change man! Again, best of luck though.