PDA

View Full Version : Cooking, Oil Calories and Counting.

Dths
09-27-2010, 10:52 PM
Now recently I have been watching a lot of the cooking network and I always see them cooking with olive oil, good, great its healthy blah blah blah, however even the shows that try to be healthy "jamie olivers eat to save your life" etc, advertise healthy low calorie cooking then put nearly 3-4 Tbsp of olive oil in the pan which equates to about 400 calories alone.

Am I missing something? does this oil not become part of the calories of the food? I am kind of confused, could you not use an olive oil spray retain the anti stick of it lose some of the flavor of course but drastically reduce the calories?

Or do you not count those calories fully? does cooking in the oil reduce the amount of calories it contains somehow?

Dths
09-27-2010, 11:59 PM
Bump

Dths
09-28-2010, 12:16 PM
daytime crowd

Milone79
09-28-2010, 12:20 PM
yes...it all adds up.. On my last cut I switched from using olive oil and or butter in the pan while cooking my eggs, chicken, fish and shaved off hundreds of calories there alone...I use the PAM olive oil spray and still retain the non-stick benefits and flavors.

ironwill2008
09-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Am I missing something? does this oil not become part of the calories of the food? I am kind of confused, could you not use an olive oil spray retain the anti stick of it lose some of the flavor of course but drastically reduce the calories?

Any of the oil you actually consume will go towards your daily total, yes. That won't be all of the oil in the pan though.

Yes, you can use cooking spray if you wish.