PDA

View Full Version : 1st post %bodyfat

triggerfinger
02-06-2002, 11:12 AM
hey all- New here. I am 34 been in and out of the gym for the last 14 years. I am 6 feet tall and weigh about 205. I been hitting the gym regularly for the last 4 months and have been cruising the boards for info.

I would like to be in good shape for summer and not sure what is the best way. The only place I have noticebal body fat is in the waist and stomach area. My arms are about 15 1/2 non-pumped.

Is it best to go on a bulking cycle now and then try to cut for the summer or should I be on a cutting diest to lose the ab fat first.

I had been out of the gym for 3 years previous to the last 4 months. I made great gains in the last 4. My weight stayed the same and I lost 1 inch off my waist

Can I gain mass and loose my gut at the same time?

I would appreciate any help as I am totally confused

Anabolik
02-06-2002, 11:21 AM
It is difficult to lose fat and gain mass at the same time unless you are really our of shape, and judging from your post you are not. If you are looking to get really fit for the summer get a goal like a date you want to end at and then see what is a reasonable time frame for the amount of weight you want to lose. After that you can see when you need to start dieting and when bulking should stop. Good luck and welcome to the boards.

Peace

triggerfinger
02-06-2002, 11:59 AM
Anabolik-- Thanks for the responce. I am not sure what my body fat is. I have an appointment to get tested in 2 weeks. I want to be able to put on as much mass as possible starting now. I would like to be cut by June,July the latest. I have never cut before and have no idea about what the difficulties are or how long it will take.

I realize that to cut I will have to reduce calories maybe even try a Keto diet. When would I need to start the cutting diet

Would I be better off cutting now---then bulk after summer. Sitting down I can pince a good two inces on my waist standing about an inch.

Anabolik
02-06-2002, 04:48 PM
If you want to try the keto diet you need to hit the search button and type a search under the name of "Fitnessman" He is by far the most knowledgeable and all his posts on keto are a must read. Shoot for 1-2 pounds of bodyfat a week so if you need to drop say... 30 pounds.. you would need about 15 weeks give or take how it is going.

A lot of people like to cut weight so they can look good in the summer. If you want to do that you can cut now and try to maintain for a while until you decide to bulk again. It's up to you what you do.

It would be hard to guess what your bodyfat is just going by how much you can pinch off your waist. When you get your bf % done if they do it by calipers they will take a lot of different skin folds so it will be more accurate. If i guessed i would be wayyy off. Hydrostatic weighing (they put you in a bathtub and weight you) is the most accurate I believe.

Peace