PDA

View Full Version : Shed Some fat and Gain some Mass

D00fy
02-06-2002, 12:04 PM
okay cutting is annoying and stuff keeping carbs low and stuff was wondering can i gain some muscle while increasing carbs and losing BF% slowly and fat on the stomach

Diet-

5:00amMeal1-(PREWORKOUTMEAL)1/3oatbran and protein shake

6:45am-8am GYM

8:00amMeal2-(POSTWORKOUTMEAL)Oatmeal and 44gram protein shake

11:00amMeal3-About 2Chicken Breast and half a sweetpotatoe or some veggies

3:00pmMeal4-1Cup LowFat Cottage Cheese/ 1/3oatbran and 5eggwhites

6:00pmMeal5-About 2chicken breast and veggies

9:00pmMeal6-Protein Shake

EFA about 30 a day i hope carbs look low enough to drop some fat over 3months

Monday-Chest/Back
Tuesday-Shoulders some ab workout
Wednesday-REST
Thursday-Light Leg Workout and triceps/biceps
Friday-Chest/Back/Shoulders ab workout (I KEEP THIS WORKOUT LIGHT)

cardio -HELL NO,maybe once in a while:)

kappadonna
02-10-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by D00fy
okay cutting is annoying and stuff keeping carbs low and stuff was wondering can i gain some muscle while increasing carbs and losing BF% slowly and fat on the stomach

Diet-

5:00amMeal1-(PREWORKOUTMEAL)1/3oatbran and protein shake

6:45am-8am GYM

8:00amMeal2-(POSTWORKOUTMEAL)Oatmeal and 44gram protein shake

11:00amMeal3-About 2Chicken Breast and half a sweetpotatoe or some veggies

3:00pmMeal4-1Cup LowFat Cottage Cheese/ 1/3oatbran and 5eggwhites

6:00pmMeal5-About 2chicken breast and veggies

9:00pmMeal6-Protein Shake

EFA about 30 a day i hope carbs look low enough to drop some fat over 3months

Monday-Chest/Back
Tuesday-Shoulders some ab workout
Wednesday-REST
Thursday-Light Leg Workout and triceps/biceps
Friday-Chest/Back/Shoulders ab workout (I KEEP THIS WORKOUT LIGHT)

cardio -HELL NO,maybe once in a while:)

Now lets all say it together "YOU CANT LOSE FAT AND GAIN MUSCLE AT THE SAME TIME" GET THAT THROUGH YOUR SKULL! If you arent disciplined enough to do cardio then forget about your goals and dreams!

Bulldog
02-11-2002, 10:10 AM
bit harsh ...... but true

bdp121p
02-11-2002, 10:36 AM
Hey if you don't want to do cardio that is okay.

ENJOY THAT GUT OF YOURS, IT IS ONLY GOING TO GROW.

kappadonna
02-11-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog
bit harsh ...... but true

Yeha but it bothers me when people are always looking for the easy way out!

Blindfaith
02-11-2002, 02:20 PM
do one or the other! enless u are juicing its pretty hard to do both at the same time

IMO! Peace!

Kms74
02-11-2002, 02:33 PM
First, you don't need cardio to lose weight. You just have to make sure your intake is less then your output. I never do cardio when cutting I just weight train alot more intense.

Second, you can lose weight and gain muscle at the same time. I've done it using a cyclical keto diet. So it can be done even if some people don't think so.

Blindfaith
02-11-2002, 07:12 PM
well u probobly lost alot of water weight.....if u want to lose weight u are going to have to incorporate some kind of aerobic training in there unless u got one of those furnace metabolisms which yes i would just do lots of weights......but aerobic training also helps train your ticker which IMO is above all the most important!!!! Peace!

raginryan
02-11-2002, 07:19 PM
Does keto work good at losing fat and building muscle? how much fat do you usually use. I heard you didn't have enough energy to workout while on keto.

Original Poster
02-12-2002, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by raginryan
Does keto work good at losing fat and building muscle? how much fat do you usually use. I heard you didn't have enough energy to workout while on keto.

Your fat intake may not have been high enough.

Remember, it doesn't have to be all saturated fat either. I think so many people fall into the area of doing keto and not keeping fat intaker high enough, because our society has breainwashed most to beleive the all fat is bad; and many blindly (not blindfaithly) stay away from enough fat when on keto. That is such crap. As many have learned, all carbs are not equal, the same is true for fat.

I state again....."it doesn't have to be all saturated fat"

I wish the WORLD would get over this fat phobia. High carb, low fat diets do not work. Look at the US, the more low fat foods come out, the FATTER we get here.

The food pyramid is WRONG and teaches the wrond things. IMHO

It's about BALANCE overall. But when cutting ro weight loss is the goal, nothing beats good keto.

N

TheManofSteel
02-12-2002, 03:04 PM
Just some points....

HELL YES.... You can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time BUT ONLY if it is your first time working out & you are not looking to gain MASSIVE amounts of muscl (gains ARE possible but not HUGE ones)... if you have been working out for awhile it IS VERY HARD to lose bodyfat and muscle at the same time HOWEVER from PERSONAL experience, when I first started working out (lifting & running) I lost fat and gained SOME muscle.... you can;t gain A WHOLE lot but certainly I gained muscle and lost fat for about the first three months.... and then I plateaued and now (Cutting phase) I am just 'maintaining' the muscle because I am doing SOOOOO much cardio trying to lose this last bit of fat....

Second, if you are serious about losing bodyfat, getting REALLY cut, or whatever the term, cardio or somekind of physical excercise IS necessary... cardio and HIIT are both very helpful in cutting fat, starting slow is a must.... if you have never tried cutting before, cutting your caloric intake will take away some fat....

I agree with, Chi-Town, dieting is all about balance... if you are seriosuly trying to lose bodyfat cutting carbs is tha way...
(Go Ahead I know some of you are looking to shoot me)

psikooz
02-13-2002, 11:31 AM
What i know is that if you eat 6 meals aday, and get the correct amount of protein for you muscles, + cardio, you still will gain msucle, you wont gain as much because of the lack of calories, but you will gain muscle.

when you do cardio correctly, your body burns fat, your body doesnt keep track of the amount of calories your body has burned off, if you work your muscles your body will tell that muscle to grow, and the amino acids you consumed from protein will be used for protein synthesis.

kappadonna
02-16-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by psikooz
What i know is that if you eat 6 meals aday, and get the correct amount of protein for you muscles, + cardio, you still will gain msucle, you wont gain as much because of the lack of calories, but you will gain muscle.

when you do cardio correctly, your body burns fat, your body doesnt keep track of the amount of calories your body has burned off, if you work your muscles your body will tell that muscle to grow, and the amino acids you consumed from protein will be used for protein synthesis.

No offense, but what a load of crap! if you were going to do cardio while bulking why wouldnt you just consume less calories seeing that your burning them off anyways. If your working your muscles, but your body does not have enough overall calories (quit counting just protein, carbs, and fat) it will simply not grow because your using your overall calorie intake for your body normal everyday energy! Yeah your body doesnt keep track of the amount of calories you burnt off of course, WHATS YOUR POINT????? Again i have to point out, if your not consuming enough calories those "Amino acids" you consumed are going to be burnt up for energy. Quit typing up half a$$ posts and misleading newbies!

Complete Muscle
02-16-2002, 01:07 AM
You'll have to excuse my friend Kappy here :) - I think he may have a bit too much testosterone in his system!! But I agree with his comments wholeheartedly (just not as aggressively!)

kappadonna
02-16-2002, 10:00 AM
Sorry i was just pissed last night, but i dont regret anything i said. I was just trying to make the point across that its not good to mislead newbies on the board, just get your info straight thats all!