PDA

View Full Version : Using Up Protein Powder

quailed
09-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Hey,

I recently bought a 10lb(?) box of MGN Whey protein. I also placed an order for casein protein so that I can use that when I make my oatmeal or for shakes (non pwo). I was wondering if I could also use the whey in my oatmeal and or shakes as long as I include some source of carbs or fats?

I know that whey is a fast digesting protein but when combined with a fat or carb I heard that it slows the digestion down? I just have a huge amount of whey to use and I find that casein tends to be more expensive than whey so if I could use whey in it's place sometimes when I'm trying to hit my macros that'd be great.

Hopefully my question makes sense, thanks.

PBateman2
09-26-2010, 10:20 AM
Yes, perfectly fine to use whey with oats and shakes.

Combining with fats and carbs will help slow digestion. Dont worry about that too much.

Just hit those targeted cals/macros on a daily basis and you'll be fine.

PJMunh
09-26-2010, 10:53 AM
you recently bought MGN? good luck with that...

quailed
09-26-2010, 11:00 AM
you recently bought MGN? good luck with that...

By recently I meant several months ago. Feels like recently considering I still have a crapton left because it was 10lbs. They removed MGN from bodybuilding site? I noticed there's only unflavored left whereas I'm using cupcake batter or something along this lines.

And thanks Pbateman2, exactly what I thought.

MASSter
09-26-2010, 11:04 AM
you recently bought MGN? good luck with that...this.....does it taste like sand?