PDA

View Full Version : OK to do cardio before lifting if it's AM and PM?

houndstoothgrin
09-22-2010, 07:54 AM
I know you're supposed to lift before cardio but what if I do cardio around noon, go about my normal day, and then lift late at night, like 9pm?

ChiefRocka
09-22-2010, 08:00 AM
I know you're supposed to lift before cardio but what if I do cardio around noon, go about my normal day, and then lift late at night, like 9pm?Sure why not. Just try and supplement your post-cardio workout with some protein.

Dutchie21
09-22-2010, 08:02 AM
I know you're supposed to lift before cardio but what if I do cardio around noon, go about my normal day, and then lift late at night, like 9pm?

If you have a big pauze in between, it should be okay.
Ofcourse it depends on the intensity of the cardio session.
I always try to cardio on other days then my lift days.

houndstoothgrin
09-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Thanks guys.

VincentiT
09-22-2010, 08:06 AM
Yeah definitely okay.. that rule of thumb is really only if you're doing the two within a short period. A few hours and your body should be recovered.. now, if you're doing hiit sprints in the morning, and training legs at night.. that might be a different story. Just use your best judgment and listen to your body.

MikeBuss
09-22-2010, 08:08 AM
everybody here is right, and remember if you do some cardio (except sprints) in the early morning, it will boost your metabolism for the remainder if the day, which in turn leads to greater fat loss

pr0nstar
09-22-2010, 08:17 AM
everybody here is right, and remember if you do some cardio (except sprints) in the early morning, it will boost your metabolism for the remainder if the day, which in turn leads to greater fat loss

I think personally don't think it matters ... if you do it before bed it'll be no difference IMO.
It's like the old ... doing Cardio on an empty stomach.

I do HIT Cardio during the day, at night and sometimes in the morning, seems to have the same affect, my diet is more important and also feel my weight training done properly is the most important.

Cardio is great .. do it when you wish. But as mentioned ensure you're refueling as needed also.

MikeBuss
09-22-2010, 08:25 AM
I think personally don't think it matters ... if you do it before bed it'll be no difference IMO.
It's like the old ... doing Cardio on an empty stomach.

I do HIT Cardio during the day, at night and sometimes in the morning, seems to have the same affect, my diet is more important and also feel my weight training done properly is the most important.

Cardio is great .. do it when you wish. But as mentioned ensure you're refueling as needed also.

yea you're right, it's always going to have different effects on different people...i guess in the end it's good for you no matter when just as long as you do it.

y0lked
09-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Cardio in the AM on an empty stomach is the best way to burn fat. Weights in the eavening would be good to get the metabolism going again!