PDA

View Full Version : Is 2100 considered a cut?

defury
09-21-2010, 10:52 PM
For someone my weight? Currently going for 2100 and 170g protein. I currently actually weigh 190.

I run everyday for 20 minutes and I do olympic bar complexes too as well as lifting 3-4 days a week. Other then that I spend a lot of time on the computer doing work.

determined4000
09-21-2010, 11:05 PM
1. A cut is only a cut if you are actually cutting/losing weight
2. Increase protein to at least 1g/lb

defury
09-21-2010, 11:13 PM
1. A cut is only a cut if you are actually cutting/losing weight
2. Increase protein to at least 1g/lb

WelL I just restarted after falling off the wagon for a long time and looking for a decent starting point.

psiconoclast
09-21-2010, 11:21 PM
It depends on a number of factors, but nobody escapes 500 calories per day, per pound, per week.

If it takes 2500 to maintain your weight, to lose a pound a week you'd need to eat 2000, for instance.

There are LOTS of calculators out there that will theoretically tell you what your maintenance caloric level is, but everyone is different, so even the best calculator is only going to get you so close.

When cutting, most people are looking for 1 to 2 pounds per week. Give your program a couple of weeks, and then see what you are actually losing. If you are losing 1 to 2 pounds a week, and not having problems lifting, you are in the zone. If you are losing less than that, drop the calories a bit (200 calories or so per day per tweak) until you see the numbers you want to see. If you are losing more than 2 pounds per week for more than 2 weeks running, then you might want to nudge your calories up a bit, to avoid muscle loss.

Good luck with your cuts!