PDA

View Full Version : How should I work out?

acnessen
09-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Hi all,

I am currently trying to lose as much body fat as possible to change my entire body type and keep what little strength (put on a little too hopefully as I'm a noob) I have. As of now I do a 5 day split

mon. chest and tris
tues. quads and hams
wed. back and bis
thurs. shoulders and traps
fri. bis, tris, and calves
sat. rest
sun. 7 mile run/walk

My real question is on the days I lift when should I do my cardio? Right now I do about 15 min. when I first get to the gym, and then lift, then run again for about 15-20 min. before I leave. (I run at about 5 mph at a 3 incline)

What is the best way for me to accomplish what I want? My diet is in check and is very clean. Around 1700 cals a day, 150-170 protein, just under 200 carbs. I'm 5'7", 235 (for the last month, ARG!).

Thanks all

PBateman2
09-21-2010, 10:42 AM
I would start at 2000 calories then adjust from there.

Best to do your cardio session after weight training - IMO. I would do a light warm-up prior to training (5-10min) then do a 20-30min session (low intensity) after weight training. If doing HIIT then a 15min session would suffice.

jake1224
09-21-2010, 11:38 AM
I'm gonna be totally cliche here and say go do Rippetoe's Starting Strength. yes srs. program is built for people like you, and building a strength base while trying to cut fat is probably the wisest choice.