PDA

View Full Version : Christianity: A Work Ethic Religion

KRANE
09-15-2010, 06:31 PM
10For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

2 Thessalonians 3:10

How's that for a positive encouragement to society? A religion that compels a man to work. Can I get an Amen!

Z06
09-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Can I get an Amen!

No.

snooter511
09-15-2010, 06:33 PM
10For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

How's that for a positive encouragement to society? A religion that compels a man to work. Can I get an Amen!

How about a man who compels himself to work?

Blindead
09-15-2010, 06:37 PM
Yeah, cuz Christians reacted well when reformers proposed a gospel of work, lol.

user5145
09-15-2010, 06:41 PM
What is "work"

VTheKing
09-15-2010, 06:43 PM
What is "work"

W = F*d

ZenBowman
09-15-2010, 06:46 PM
What is "work"

What is "what"?
What is "is"?

LOL wut?

psych
09-15-2010, 06:51 PM

not religious but i sort of agree with that line depending on the context though,

Harbinger
09-15-2010, 07:48 PM

I'd be willing to bet that the percentage of unemployed atheists is nothing compared to the unemployed christians. Not only that, I'd bet the average atheist makes more money and leads a more fulfilling life than the average christian.

st_jimmy
09-15-2010, 08:21 PM
W = F*d

F dot d brah

st_jimmy
09-15-2010, 08:24 PM
I don't agree that work is at all a central principle of christianity. Remember the idea is to be like christ, and Jesus was the one who got his disciples to leave their families and steady jobs as fishermen behind so they could follow him.

HellBender212
09-15-2010, 08:30 PM
i don't agree that work is at all a central principle of christianity. Remember the idea is to be like christ, and jesus was the one who got his disciples to leave their families and steady jobs as fishermen behind so they could follow him.

they did work son u know how they do it, they had to travel and spread the word, wtf u talkin bout smh, they was doing work

dakensta
09-15-2010, 08:54 PM
What is "work"
it's when you do "a job".

KRANE
09-16-2010, 08:39 AM
I don't agree that work is at all a central principle of christianity. Remember the idea is to be like christ, and Jesus was the one who got his disciples to leave their families and steady jobs as fishermen behind so they could follow him.True, but his disciples were an special group specifically chosen to continue continue his work; and not everyone can be a disciples. The point to the scripture here is: 1) it's instruction as to how Christians are to behave, 2) it's core values, and 3) what Christianity contributes to our society. Regardless of what else you feel about the religion, how could any rational human being possibly object to that?
not religious but i sort of agree with that line depending on the context though,If the word religious makes you uncomfortable, leave it out. As for the context, take it literally...the way it was intended.