PDA

View Full Version : Help with DIET! Need to gain!

Xyos
09-14-2010, 09:09 AM
Alright here background, I'm 20, about to be 21, I've worked out on/off for years, but about 2-3 months ago I started taking it seriously and got a 5-day spilt workout plan going. I hit 1 body part a day.

I am about 6'1-6'2, Haven't checked in a while, and 185 pounds

I really feel like I am to skinny, and want to gain a good 15-25 pounds of muscle over time, aka about 200-225

One main problem for me is I have crohn's disease, so my stomach is kinda weird, I can eat most things I want, but some foods, make me feel like ****, so I"m not that hungry all the time.

Currently my normal day is

Breakfeast anywhere from 8 am - 9 30, depending on I wake up - 2 cooked eggs, 2 pieces of wheat toast, 2 slices of canadian bacon ( ****s 10g of protein ) - protein shake - 30g of protein + milk so prob. about 40g of protein

Snacks - apples, bannans, walnuts, almonds, natty low fat pb&Jelly sandwiches

Lunch - Chicken / Roast Beef Sandwhich on Wheat Toast with Spinach

Dinner - Some form of beef/chicken/fish, with veggies

I think the problem is I simply am not eating enough throughout the day, but its hard due to A, i'm not that hungry, and B I don't have enough foods to eat

I am seeing good results in the gym for the most part, but after 3ish months, I really haven't gained much weight, I cut out all cardio, and just lift heavy

PJMunh
09-14-2010, 09:34 AM
first thing that sticks out to me is the not hungry part. if you really do struggle to keep eating then fat is your friend. no reason to be eating low fat natty pb when this is a great way for you to get calories. you could also consider cooking your meals in olive oil or throw some avocado in here and there, which will help bring up calories and not make you feel like you overstuffed yourself. remember, dietary fat isnt the enemy lol

Xyos
09-14-2010, 09:48 AM
I kind of thought about that, I actually cook all my meats/foods in Walnut Oil, cause I did a "food sensativity test", and olive's came up very high, luckily beef, chicken, and eggs were all in very low reactive to my stomach