PDA

View Full Version : LOL @ Virginia Tech! No wait...LOL @ Boise State!

BFast55
09-13-2010, 05:51 AM
I bet this makes the Boise bandwagon fans even more vocal.

Gator1010
09-13-2010, 05:55 AM
hahahahahhaha

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp105/markymark689/Random/loltiger.gif

BladeRun
09-13-2010, 07:06 AM
With VT losing to an unranked team, Boise State's slim chances to get to the national championships are now completely gone.

I don't particularly like Boise, but you gotta admit that it's a messed up system.

BFast55
09-13-2010, 07:15 AM
With VT losing to an unranked team, Boise State's slim chances to get to the national championships are now completely gone.

I don't particularly like Boise, but you gotta admit that it's a messed up system.
Moral of the story = You can't win a NC by playing high school teams, and teams that loose to high school teams. I'm willing to bet that they will get their NC shot anyways. Affirmative action is strong this year in the BCS.

tyqb4
09-13-2010, 07:26 AM
hoooooooolllllyyyyyyy fuuuuuuuuuukkkkkccccccc. how many of these threads are there going to be? BSU wasn't going to the national championship game anyways. that's just bull**** media hype. we would have been passed in the last couple weeks of the season in the polls just based on numbers/strength of schedule. there's not gonna be a playoff because that would leave too much money on the table. we have out performed our current set up and are now facing the consequences of playing 6 at most real games a year. someday we will end up in a bcs conference (/hopes) and until then all we can do is win games and hope we keep getting opportunities to prove we're a good team. there should be no moral reasons for a team to play in the championship game. the two best teams should play. the best teams are the best because of who they beat. a 50 point win vs new mexico state does not mean more than a 3 point win against literally anybody in any BCS conference.

inb4 the half of this forum that expects BSU to win the SEC from idaho

cncman
09-13-2010, 07:29 AM
hoooooooolllllyyyyyyy fuuuuuuuuuukkkkkccccccc. how many of these threads are there going to be? BSU wasn't going to the national championship game anyways. that's just bull**** media hype. we would have been passed in the last couple weeks of the season in the polls just based on numbers/strength of schedule. there's not gonna be a playoff because that would leave too much money on the table. we have out performed our current set up and are now facing the consequences of playing 6 at most real games a year. someday we will end up in a bcs conference (/hopes) and until then all we can do is win games and hope we keep getting opportunities to prove we're a good team. there should be no moral reasons for a team to play in the championship game. the two best teams should play. the best teams are the best because of who they beat. a 50 point win vs new mexico state does not mean more than a 3 point win against literally anybody in any BCS conference.

inb4 the half of this forum that expects BSU to win the SEC from idaho

tldr;

lol op, vt sux we all knew it going into the very first game.

chrisgrover
09-13-2010, 07:33 AM
Just because JMU beat VT does not make them an equal or better team (higher margin or victory) than BSU. If anyone's ever been on a competitive team of any sort you'll know that after a loss in a big game things can compound the next game.

Teams can have meltdowns...

I'm not arguing that BSU should play for the national championship if they win out (in fact I'm an SEC homer), but simply that the win by JMU (a very good D-1AA team) doesn't mean BSU is "bad".