PDA

View Full Version : What was your opinion on the Quran burning?

Maxwell1995
09-11-2010, 12:01 PM
I know it didn't happen, but what was your opinion on it before the pastor announced that he wouldn't do it?

EDIT: Anybody who doesn't care either way just say so. I forgot to put a "I don't care" in the poll

brighamw
09-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Didn't really care either way...

I did however find it funny that the "it's free speech to burn a U.S. flag crowd" were the 1st ones screaming how wrong it was to burn a Quran...

:cool:

Maxwell1995
09-11-2010, 12:08 PM

I did however find it funny that the "it's free speech to burn a U.S. flag crowd" were the 1st ones screaming how wrong it was to burn a Quran...

Yeah. It's kind of ridiculous.

Moh7
09-11-2010, 12:11 PM
im glad they are burning qurans.

They just bought qurans and gave money to muslims. Muslims will soon be paying zakat.

The guys who are burning qurans are pretty much funding new mosques.

and the fact that muslims themselves burn qurans...

rea99
09-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Where is the aware but don't give a **** either way option?

Harbinger
09-11-2010, 12:13 PM
They should all be burned, not just the quran but every book that tries to enslave the mind.

nutsy54
09-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Here's the irony: This issue is exactly the same as the Mosque construction, yet most people take completely opposite positions.

In both cases, the proposal was 100% legal - and also 100% stupid because it would piss off a lot of people.

Stevelegh
09-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Sadly, the idiot pastor made a point and changed public opinion.

World leaders jumped up and condemned it.

Westerners agreed with it.

Islam screamed it's bloody head off.

Net result:

People died.

Further intolerance of Islam.

Increased resolve for Islamic fundamentalists.

Iran's President calling it a Zionist plot and screaming for the destruction of Israel.

All in all, not good.

tarheelblue0378
09-11-2010, 12:18 PM
did not give a damn either way.

Maxwell1995
09-11-2010, 12:21 PM

Should've put that in.

trailwarrior
09-11-2010, 12:24 PM
General Petraeus should be fired! He was the person who gave this crackpot undeserved attention.

JRRBadBoy4Life
09-11-2010, 12:37 PM
He did the right thing, took the high road. Now he needs to use this attention to remind everybody how stupid, thoughtless, insensitive, and disrespectful it would be to build the mosque in such a sensitive spot.

Not to mention it would give muslims around the world a feeling of victory knowing what happened there, the protest against building the mosque, and if it does get built there. Obama failed to mention the harm this would create to American soldiers abroad. Just what muslims don't need is extra motivation against America.

Blindead
09-11-2010, 12:44 PM
im glad they are burning qurans.

They just bought qurans and gave money to muslims. Muslims will soon be paying zakat.

The guys who are burning qurans are pretty much funding new mosques.

and the fact that muslims themselves burn qurans...

yeah, no, lol. i already told you - it's not like there's some islamic foundation out there that has the copyright on the quran. buying bibles doesn't send money to the catholic church.

GeorgeCarlinJr
09-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Where is the don't care either way option ?

jf1
09-11-2010, 01:00 PM
burning the quran is absolutely wasteful!
i find that the pages are perfectly suited for personal hygiene.
save a tree!

Messier_Object
09-11-2010, 02:12 PM
save a tree!

If the pages are anything like the Bible, then they are worse than 1-ply from a gas station. I wouldn't trust such thin and flimsy pages.

jf1
09-11-2010, 02:17 PM
If the pages are anything like the Bible, then they are worse than 1-ply from a gas station. I wouldn't trust such thin and flimsy pages.

your religion is 'thin and flimsy' and you trust it...
:rolleyes:

HurfDurf
09-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Here's the irony: This issue is exactly the same as the Mosque construction

lolwut?

"A Christian is an extremist by burning a Koran. A Muslim is an extremist by reading from it."

R0ck_S0lid
09-11-2010, 03:00 PM
"This just in! Muslims in uproar, Americans continue to offend the middle-east by being alive."

vabyss
09-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Just another stunt to appeal to the lower dregs of society.

The current state of the American media, which is nothing more than one mammoth tabloid rag, is also to blame.

A religious fanatic with a congregation of a few dozen is given national attention...purely for the reason that the story would stir up controversy.

This country sucks.

Blindead
09-11-2010, 03:13 PM

The current state of the American media, which is nothing more than one mammoth tabloid rag, is also to blame.

A religious fanatic with a congregation of a few dozen is given national attention...purely for the reason that the story would stir up controversy.

This country sucks.

http://www.expedia.com/daily/flights/default.asp?TCity=LON&semcid=13172-1&eapid=13172-1&kword=flights%20to%20London!e.ZzZz.602805816.0.582 0074023.flights%20to%20london.flights_to_London#fe atFlight

No one is making you stay here :rolleyes:

GrokTheCube
09-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Perfectly legal (unless it violates fire codes) douchebag move. I don't care, this guy shouldn't have attention. The adage "don't feed the troll" applies to that guy.

Moh7
09-11-2010, 04:19 PM
yeah, no, lol. i already told you - it's not like there's some islamic foundation out there that has the copyright on the quran. buying bibles doesn't send money to the catholic church.

well brah i dint see ur earlier post.

But chances are the guy whos actually printing those qurans is a Muslim.

Platypus2
09-11-2010, 04:52 PM

This

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/TheRealEdwin/wtfc.jpg

Dummkopf
09-11-2010, 05:21 PM

This country sucks.

Kill yourself

AndroShock
09-11-2010, 05:41 PM
save a tree!

Also makes for rolling papers in a pinch(tobacco), Oh schit, but thats burning it too.

TimDF
09-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Where is the option for First Amendment Right, but impartial?

_AdaM_
09-11-2010, 06:28 PM
That man probably ran out of customers for his church. He did it as a marketing gimmick to bring life back to his church.

CrazyTall
09-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Even before I knew it was in Florida I jokingly made a comment to my wife the it sounds like something out of Florida. The amount of stupidity trapped inside that peninsula is mind boggling.

TimDF
09-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Even before I knew it was in Florida I jokingly made a comment to my wife the it sounds like something out of Florida. The amount of stupidity trapped inside that peninsula is mind boggling.

Strong reps!

You live near Inman Sports Club brah?

T150
09-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Don't care. He should've been ignored. Unfortunately, General Petraeus followed by Sec Clinton and then the President elevated him to international status. The fact that Sec Gates phoned him is beyond ridiculous.

At the end of it all f*ckers are still burning the Koran at ground zero today, so what difference has it made?

This country sucks.

It's true today's media is a sick joke. But again, no way the administration should've elevated it the way they did.

bigt405
09-11-2010, 10:37 PM
I could care less either way is my vote.

BluntTrauma
09-13-2010, 08:15 PM
I live in Gainesville where it was set to take place. All I can say is if it went down, **** would have got real.... fast. Didn't seem to scare anyone from the UF vs USF game tho. 90,000 plus in attendance.

PS: Saw Homeland Security at Chick-Fil-A on Thursday, hah.

tk217
09-13-2010, 09:58 PM

It is called an agenda.

mohammed-abdul
09-13-2010, 11:05 PM
They should all be burned, not just the quran but every book that tries to enslave the mind.

your mined didn't get to that level...without these books