PDA

View Full Version : Does this protein, fat, carb and calorie intake for my daily look right for muscle gr

xmeandix
09-04-2010, 01:27 PM
I eat clean everyday and it consists of whey, casein, chicken, brown rice, almonds, turkey, oatmeal, eggs etc etc. I calculated what i take in daily and im trying to put on muscle mass and try to keep from putting on fat. Im not a big believer in doing bulking and cutting, (i know it works but its not for me) Ill look at a NFL football player on espn in the locker room and the guy will be stacked solid and not be fat and just be ripped. Well hes obviously not cutting so he must be doing something right anyways here is my info and tell me if this looks good to put on muscle mass and keeping from putting on flabby fat. Im 6'2 and 195lbs.

cals - 3120
fat- 40.5 grams
carbs - 302 grams
protein - 335.5 grams

kusok
09-04-2010, 01:44 PM
nid moar fatz and less proteinz.

xmeandix
09-04-2010, 01:53 PM
is that really true? Less proteins and more fat? and the carbs are good?

BrianAppleby
09-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Lol bro not so much protien your just wasting your money bro. more of them almonds less chicken

xmeandix
09-04-2010, 02:08 PM
how much protein should u be getting max? and are the carb amount fine?

xmeandix
09-04-2010, 04:11 PM
anything guys?

staged
09-04-2010, 04:17 PM
anything guys?

Eat your body weight in protein is the typical answer to a minimum amount.... I would up your fats to ATLEAST the 70 gram level, just trade some protein for fat. Carb amount looks good. Just try to keep everything in a good balance.

xmeandix
09-04-2010, 08:13 PM
ok i know where im going to make cuts from the overdone amount of protein. But im going to get less calories if i cut out some of the proteins. I know i need to up my fats a little bit but that wont make up for the calories im losing. Any ideas of where i can get more calories that arent from proteins?

pphil09
09-04-2010, 09:31 PM
ok i know where im going to make cuts from the overdone amount of protein. But im going to get less calories if i cut out some of the proteins. I know i need to up my fats a little bit but that wont make up for the calories im losing. Any ideas of where i can get more calories that arent from proteins?

um yeah it will. There are 9 calories/gram of fat, and only 4 calories/gram protein.

Eat peanut butter or something.

xmeandix
09-04-2010, 09:42 PM
so what maybe whole wheat bread with natural peanut butter on it? Could taking in all the protein ive been taking in have a negative effect on me getting better results on putting on good muscle mass

brendbro
09-04-2010, 09:49 PM
so what maybe whole wheat bread with natural peanut butter on it? Could taking in all the protein ive been taking in have a negative effect on me getting better results on putting on good muscle mass

I don't think all the protein would directly have a negative effect, but the lack of fats would

xmeandix
09-05-2010, 09:17 AM
i guess ill start taking in more flaxseed and more almonds and i guess olive oil