PDA

View Full Version : fruit- good energy or bad fat?!??

killswitch45
09-01-2010, 04:49 PM
I took a nutrition class a few quarters ago and got the idea i needed fruit for breakfast to give me all day energy. fruit provides the liver glucose, sucrose, and fructose for the liver to convert to glycogen. but i just read an article here : "does fruit make you fat" and now I dont want to eat it any more. stated that if the liver already has enough glycogen, the fruit will be converted to fat, body fat :(.

should i stop eating a lot of fruit?! cause i love it, bananas, strawberries, blueberries (dried mostly), cantelope, pineapple. i try to do this for breakfast pre workout so i have some good complex carbs.

should i just get my carbs elseware? i quit drinking alcohol to cut belly fat, and want my abs out!! so im trying to cut fat, and dont know what else i could be eating. i did cut the juice due to the major sugar content.

thank you for the support and replies in advance!
Brian

YoBroseidon
09-01-2010, 05:03 PM
You can never get too much fruit..

JValjean724
09-01-2010, 05:07 PM
I took a nutrition class a few quarters ago and got the idea i needed fruit for breakfast to give me all day energy. fruit provides the liver glucose, sucrose, and fructose for the liver to convert to glycogen. but i just read an article here : "does fruit make you fat" and now I dont want to eat it any more. stated that if the liver already has enough glycogen, the fruit will be converted to fat, body fat :(.

should i stop eating a lot of fruit?! cause i love it, bananas, strawberries, blueberries (dried mostly), cantelope, pineapple. i try to do this for breakfast pre workout so i have some good complex carbs.

should i just get my carbs elseware? i quit drinking alcohol to cut belly fat, and want my abs out!! so im trying to cut fat, and dont know what else i could be eating. i did cut the juice due to the major sugar content.

thank you for the support and replies in advance!
Brian

Neither dietary fat nor fruit "make you fat"

go here for all you need to know:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113693871

killswitch45
09-01-2010, 05:07 PM
You can never get too much fruit..

thats what i thought, but i dont want the exess sugar showing up or turning into fat. i know other complex carbs can come from nuts, bread, fruits, and brown rice

dabears8273
09-01-2010, 05:09 PM
You can't go wrong with eating fruit, the more the merrier. I have lost quite a bit of weight and body fat by taking in lots of protein and fruits and veggies....and strength levels have not decreased too much.

killswitch45
09-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Neither dietary fat nor fruit "make you fat"

go here for all you need to know:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113693871

im really skinny actually, i dont want to lose fat. i know i can, jump rope, running, biking, and a local dam has a huge stair case. i want to keep the fat off.

i am 6'2" was 149, super skinny. muscled up and now im 180 lbs. im just scared of fruit adding fat to my body.

dabears8273
09-01-2010, 05:16 PM
I don't know of anyone that has had fat added to their body from eating fruit, but I guess if you ate in huge excess you could potentially add some fat.

evilone777
09-01-2010, 05:25 PM
excess calories make you fat not anyone specific food. and also i doubt you are going to be eating enough carbs to fill up liver glycogen (sp?) but if it was full the carbs would be converted to muscle glycogen (sp?)

killswitch45
09-01-2010, 05:40 PM
well the article and my book stated that the muscles dont work like the liver. the muscles can only convert glucose to glycogen. the liver can convert all of glucose, fructose, and sucrose.

so if i take in glucose, my muslce deposits are already full. so then my liver is already full, my body will begin turing into skin/body fat

killswitch45
09-01-2010, 05:47 PM
and not all excess calories turn into fat. protein does not. if one eats too much protein it just comes out as waste, the body does not convert it to fat.

evilone777
09-01-2010, 05:49 PM
well the article and my book stated that the muscles dont work like the liver. the muscles can only convert glucose to glycogen. the liver can convert all of glucose, fructose, and sucrose.

so if i take in glucose, my muslce deposits are already full. so then my liver is already full, my body will begin turing into skin/body fat

ONLY EXCESS CALORIES MAKE YOU GAIN FAT.but your body can convert fructose and other sugars into glucose.

evilone777
09-01-2010, 05:51 PM
and not all excess calories turn into fat. protein does not. if one eats too much protein it just comes out as waste, the body does not convert it to fat.

yes it does all calories can make you gain fat. and did you know your body can change protein into glucose altho only when you are not taking in many carbs.

killswitch45
09-01-2010, 05:58 PM
ONLY EXCESS CALORIES MAKE YOU GAIN FAT.but your body can convert fructose and other sugars into glucose.

i know i know. was just stating not all excess tho. protein is not converted to fat. excess protein turns to waste and leaves the body. not arguing :).

ill just do my research. but thanks for the input. i think im just over thinking it

AlwaysTryin
09-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Comes back to glycolysis and gluconeogenesis

evilone777
09-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Comes back to glycolysis and gluconeogenesis

thats what i was talking about just couldn't remember the name lol.

RealMenDeadLift
09-01-2010, 08:40 PM

Bullocks, unused amino acids are stripped of their carbon chain which can be made into glucose which then can be made into fat. Just the likelihood of that happening in any significant amount is next to nil in human beings.

What is expelled as waste is the nitrogen from the amine group via the urea cycle.

Afroclipse
09-01-2010, 08:55 PM
informatve

Simmo0508
09-01-2010, 09:11 PM

This thread is full of fuk in the first place, but this just took it to a whole new level.

Monkeys talking to monkeys here lmao

valhalla76
09-01-2010, 10:36 PM
If your worried, just eat all your fruit in the morning so you can more easily burn it off.

Jeclavad
09-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Keep in mind that your body uses liver glycogen (especially your organs like brain,...) you need to replenish your liver glycogen stores.

And eat your fruits, they are good for you and generaly low cals, 1/2 fructose 1/2 glucose so they replenish liver glycogen stores AND muscle glycogen stores.
(an apple is ~ 10-15g carbs with 5-10g fructose, not sure you will get fat eating them...)