PDA

View Full Version : help zeroing in on perfect macros

miro2414
08-31-2010, 01:22 PM
hey everyone. so during this summer i sorta let myself go diet and exercise wise because of partying and work i just didnt have the time. now, i'm staying in town for school so i'll have a LOT of free time. i'll be doing a 3 workout split in the gym lifting during the day along with training in muay thai 5-6 days a week for 1-2 hours a session. i tried to use somethings on this site to measure my BMR and caloric needs and what not (i'm 5'10" and around 150lbs.) and have come to 3000 kcals/day (about 550 kcals from protein, 450 kcals from fat, and the rest from carbs). That seems sorta low because i've always viewed myself as a hard-gainer and i'll be doing some moderate-intense cardio with the muay thai. so my question is, does that sound like enough calories for me to start to base my diet on or should i up them? OH and i'm trying to up my weight to around 180ish by new years.

wowz
08-31-2010, 01:25 PM
No one can tell you if it is the right amount of calories or not. You must try one number (Most likely the estimate you have right now), then adjust accordingly if you gain or loose or stay the same.

If you loose weight, up your carbs/fats.