PDA

View Full Version : The Patriots have a more Potent offense now, than they did 3 years ago.

Joe145
08-26-2010, 08:05 AM
QBs back and healthy
Better half back
Better WR core
Better O-line(very questionable)
A lot better Tight Ends

Tom Brady
Fred Taylor
Kevin Faulk
Sammy Morris
Randy Moss(Deep threat)
Wes Welker, and Julian Edelman(Probably 2 best slots in the league)
Receiving TE- Aaron Hernandez
Blocking TE- Rob Gronkowski

I know I'll get a lot of hate for this, but I think they're back to 07 Form if not better.

JRRBadBoy4Life
08-26-2010, 08:10 AM
Old team is old, and some of those who have had injuries will never be the same. (Welker, Brady).

cor030
08-26-2010, 08:12 AM
Old team is old, and some of those who have had injuries will never be the same. (Welker, Brady).

can't comment on Welker, but Brady? he put up the 2nd best numbers of his career last season lol

Joe145
08-26-2010, 08:16 AM

You can't comment for Welker, he looked good in the second game, we'll see how he is this one. Brady coming back off injury he was like the 4th best QB in the NFL. He'll be at least top 3 this year.

Motion23
08-26-2010, 08:17 AM
Still no running game.

Of course they've been doing alright without the last few years.

Joe145
08-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Still no running game.

It's better than it's been in years. It's not much, but still could be a good weapon for them aside from the passing game.

leafs43
08-26-2010, 10:24 AM
http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv266/Hotsause9999/Random%20Gifs/tomcruiselaugh.gif

thek1d
08-26-2010, 10:28 AM

fail post is fail

Ejjw18
08-26-2010, 10:52 AM
12-4

JRRBadBoy4Life
08-26-2010, 11:32 AM
fail post is fail

See if they make the playoffs this year, then repost.

thek1d
08-26-2010, 12:01 PM
See if they make the playoffs this year, then repost.

lol k

Big7Ben86
08-26-2010, 12:03 PM
ITT we act like brady isnt on the downside of his career and has done something relevant in the postseason in the last 5 years.

Erik2806
08-26-2010, 12:04 PM

right..because getting his 2nd highest passing yards and td totals in a season last year is just horrible.. do you even watch football?

(no pats fan)

LOWTESTOSTERONE
08-26-2010, 12:09 PM
can't comment on Welker, but Brady? he put up the 2nd best numbers of his career last season lol

yup.

Plus pats have a nice new drafted reciever

LOWTESTOSTERONE
08-26-2010, 12:13 PM
ITT we act like brady isnt on the downside of his career and has done something relevant in the postseason in the last 5 years.

superbowl in 2007 was not relevant ????

ever see his post season record?

even with the horrible loss to baltimore last year (which was defense fault)

If New England could have stuck to normal game plan instead of forcing and being one dimensional trying to make up 21 points the outcome might have been a bit different.

JRRBadBoy4Life
08-26-2010, 12:17 PM
do you even watch football?

Nah, I just play.

LOWTESTOSTERONE
08-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Nah, I just play.

pocket pool?

or lick the pickle?

what you play?

jd75
08-26-2010, 12:31 PM
no way. moss is older, below average running game, brady older and hurt his knee very badly, welker coming off injury.still a very good offense but no way are they putting up numbers like they did 3 years ago. brady will not throw 50 tds, probably around 30

J411
08-26-2010, 12:35 PM
I think many are overlooking the patriots. They could be really good this year. But they absolutely need to be healthy to do it.

Brady, Welker, and Moss can not have serious injuries. If one of the three gets injured, they are done. You can say the same thing for the three best offensive players on any team, but the Patriots are more at risk because all three have recent injuries. Moss has been able to avoid major injuries for the most part, but his back has been a big problem for him for over half of his career and when it is bothering him he isn't nearly as good as when he is healthy.

It would also help if their RBs stay healthy, but I really doubt that will happen.

SeanCC
08-26-2010, 12:37 PM
They're older and their O-line isn't as good. Offense will be fine but that was a historicly good offense in 07.

Motion23
08-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Wes Welker, and Julian Edelman(Probably 2 best slots in the league)

lulz

Welker yeah probably, Edelman? ha

SpiderSense
08-26-2010, 12:41 PM
They could be really good this year. But they absolutely need to be healthy to do it.

Thank you captain obvious.

Anyways the Patriots should be one of the best, if not the best team this year.

From what I've read they had an amazing draft, probably the best of any team in years.

Already had some good young players, plus Moss and Welker.

Brady is fully healthy.

Fine by me I love seeing classy teams be good, rather than teams with a bunch of **** heads like the Chargers.

leafs43
08-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Thank you captain obvious.

Anyways the Patriots should be one of the best, if not the best team this year.

From what I've read they had an amazing draft, probably the best of any team in years.

Already had some good young players, plus Moss and Welker.

Brady is fully healthy.

Fine by me I love seeing classy teams be good, rather than teams with a bunch of **** heads like the Chargers.

Moss might have a big year.

Other then that it will be a 10-6 season for the Patriots and another wild card loss.

jdo1
08-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Moss might have a big year.

Other then that it will be a 10-6 season for the Patriots and another wild card loss.

this, contract year for Moss obviously

quietstormx1
08-26-2010, 01:52 PM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z270/IK2121/TI.gif

jdo1
08-26-2010, 01:54 PM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z270/IK2121/TI.gif

gl with sanchez lulz

namean
08-26-2010, 02:01 PM
They dont have that rookie running back they drafted a couple years ago?
Forget his name, he got hurt.
edit: Lawrence Maroney

markusjj85
08-26-2010, 02:03 PM
OP, almost all of the people you named on your list are old, aging, or recovering from a serious injury. There is no way the offense could repeat the success of 2007.

Huse
08-26-2010, 02:25 PM
no way. moss is older, below average running game, brady older and hurt his knee very badly, welker coming off injury.still a very good offense but no way are they putting up numbers like they did 3 years ago. brady will not throw 50 tds, probably around 30

How do u figure below average running game? It was above average last year and they picked up two blocking tight ends in crumpled and gronkowski

Big7Ben86
08-26-2010, 05:52 PM
superbowl in 2007 was not relevant ????

ever see his post season record?

even with the horrible loss to baltimore last year (which was defense fault)

If New England could have stuck to normal game plan instead of forcing and being one dimensional trying to make up 21 points the outcome might have been a bit different.

im no history buff, but im pretty sure the patriots lost that superbowl

o yeah, he got to that game AFTER throwing 3 interceptions in the AFC championship

and i remember brady throwing a bunch of completions...to baltimore

bradys last 5 playoff games not including baltimore:

82.5 giants
66.4 chargers
141.4 jaguars
79.5 colts
57.6 chargers

other than the jaguars game, pretty mediocre choke stats eh?

2 mannings have one superbowls and one team has won 2 superbowls since the patriots last one. no more cameras or brady throwing checkdowns and having his team as a security blanket anymore.

Huse
08-26-2010, 06:06 PM

o yeah, he got to that game AFTER throwing 3 interceptions in the AFC championship

82.5 giants
66.4 chargers
141.4 jaguars
79.5 colts
57.6 chargers

other than the jaguars game, pretty mediocre choke stats eh?

2 mannings have one superbowls and one team has won 2 superbowls since the patriots last one. no more cameras or brady throwing checkdowns and having his team as a security blanket anymore. lol ur the biggest pats/ brady hater on this board..

Steelers haven't been relevant since cowher

PatrickBateman1
08-26-2010, 06:15 PM
We look awesome on offense, but let's take it easy, it's going to be VERY hard to replicate the offense we had 3 years ago.

markusjj85
08-26-2010, 06:56 PM
lol ur the biggest pats/ brady hater on this board..

Or when they won the Super Bowl in Tomlin's second year...

lol wut?

Huse
08-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Or when they won the Super Bowl in Tomlin's second year...

lol wut?

Yea....he inherited cowhers SB team...

TAWS6
08-26-2010, 07:06 PM
The offense is going to be great but im not sold on the defense yet. I def have them winning the east but thats as far as I am going as of now.

BangBrahs
08-26-2010, 07:24 PM
wow...

sleet83
08-26-2010, 07:25 PM
they'll take the division imo.

TAWS6
08-26-2010, 07:28 PM
wow...

i lolddd

TAWS6
08-26-2010, 07:29 PM
We look awesome on offense, but let's take it easy, it's going to be VERY hard to replicate the offense we had 3 years ago.

Brady will probably throw for a little over 30 tds if the team stays healthy. No way he hits 50 again. No way.

Big7Ben86
08-26-2010, 09:00 PM
lol ur the biggest pats/ brady hater on this board..

were relevant this year mo'fo, and i forgot, not winning the superbowl for 1 whole year makes us irrelevant. how are u guys relevant when you havent won a superbowl since you got to play the almighty(lol) eagles about 5 years ago?

and i remember when matt cassel came in pretty much succeeded and tom brady came back this year and really didnt do much better

TAWS6
08-27-2010, 07:25 AM
were relevant this year mo'fo, and i forgot, not winning the superbowl for 1 whole year makes us irrelevant. how are u guys relevant when you havent won a superbowl since you got to play the almighty(lol) eagles about 5 years ago?

and i remember when matt cassel came in pretty much succeeded and tom brady came back this year and really didnt do much better

He actually came back alot stronger than I expected. Not exactly an easy injury to return from.

Shangius
08-27-2010, 07:27 AM
Still no running game.

They never really needed one when they had Brady. The year he got injured they were 9th in the league in rushing yardage to compensate.

LOWTESTOSTERONE
08-27-2010, 07:54 AM
Anyone watch the preseason game???

brady to moss 65 yards was epic. They make it look so easy.

Welker looked amazing.

As did Tight Ends

Ejjw18
08-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Ok lettuce be reality, I'm not a Pats fan, just a huge Brady fan, but if you don't think the Pats will be good this year then you're just in denial.

jdo1
08-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Ok lettuce be reality, I'm not a Pats fan, just a huge Brady fan, but if you don't think the Pats will be good this year then you're just in denial.

all the jets fan are delusional i presume

quietstormx1
08-27-2010, 10:39 AM
gl with sanchez lulz

word, jets are gunna need a lot of luck with him.

heres to sanchez and all of the jets' hopes and dreams...

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/eli-manning.jpg

thek1d
08-27-2010, 12:39 PM

Below average running game? The stats say otherwise bro...

2009 - 12th
2008 - 6th
2007 - 13th

Brady is obviously 100% back, as evidenced by the second best season of his career last year. If preseason is any indication, Welker is back also.

Although, it's pretty silly to predict the offense to perform as well as they did in 2007. I couldn't care less about the offense to be honest. They're going to be fine. It's the defense that will determine if this team can go the distance.

They dont have that rookie running back they drafted a couple years ago?
Forget his name, he got hurt.
edit: Lawrence Maroney

Rookie running back drafted a couple years ago? lol wat

Laurence is still on the team, but he's hardly played at all in preseason. Not really sure where he stands on the depth chart at this point. I'd guess him and Fred Taylor are #1 and #2, in some order.

OP, almost all of the people you named on your list are old, aging, or recovering from a serious injury. There is no way the offense could repeat the success of 2007.

What? They're aging? Are you retarded? Everyone is aging...

The only players listed that should be effected by their age are Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris, both of which have faced relatively serious injuries recently. That being said, the running game has still been effective, as I just mentioned above. Kevin Faulk is still the best 3rd down back in the league, and has been for a while. Because he sees limited playing time, he's able to stay fresh. Randy Moss still has elite speed (was the second best receiver in the league last year), Welker is going to be fine (played in the 2nd and 3rd preseason games), and Edelman, Hernandez, and Gronk are all really young.

But hey, great analysis!

82.5 giants
66.4 chargers
141.4 jaguars
79.5 colts
57.6 chargers

other than the RECORD BREAKINGjaguars game, pretty mediocre choke stats eh?

2 mannings have one superbowls and one team has won 2 superbowls since the patriots last one. no more cameras or brady throwing checkdowns and having his team as a security blanket anymore.

ohai there steelers homer

Big Ben had a 22.6 passer rating when he won his first super bowl... how's that for a choke stat?

no more cameras?

pls go

The offense is going to be great but im not sold on the defense yet. I def have them winning the east but thats as far as I am going as of now.

this

Huse
08-27-2010, 12:47 PM

The steelers beat the weakest SB teams ever...the seahawks and cards...child please
And how is a SB appearance not relevant...afc champs?

thek1d
08-27-2010, 12:57 PM
brb Jets aren't relevant since they haven't won a Super Bowl in almost 40 years