PDA

View Full Version : 6 ft 180 lbs bulking diet

noodles36
08-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Hey guys i been reading a lot of different insight on bulking on here. So recently ive started my 40/40/20 diet. I'm currently taking in 2900 calories around 260p/260c/65f. I'm wondering if that's fine. Sometimes i tend to eat to much fat because of the food i have around the house and it's cheaper, but at the same time keep my protein and carbs in check. Times are tough right now because of family reasons. So the question i have is since I am bulking will the grams of fat hurt my muscle building up? I know I will have the belly, but is the muscle gonna grow and show when the time to cut comes? I'm trying to keep it in check as much as possible. Thx guys

Dilloon
08-24-2010, 08:29 PM
Hey guys i been reading a lot of different insight on bulking on here. So recently ive started my 40/40/20 diet. I'm currently taking in 2900 calories around 260p/260c/65f. I'm wondering if that's fine. Sometimes i tend to eat to much fat because of the food i have around the house and it's cheaper, but at the same time keep my protein and carbs in check. Times are tough right now because of family reasons. So the question i have is since I am bulking will the grams of fat hurt my muscle building up? I know I will have the belly, but is the muscle gonna grow and show when the time to cut comes? I'm trying to keep it in check as much as possible. Thx guys

bro im also 6' and trying to bulk up. i started at 155 lbs. with 3000 cals 80fat/300 carb/250 prot. now im at 170 lbs. and im pretty sure its time to up my calories because the weight gain is starting to stop. so i suggest to maybe up your cals since your bulking with the same amount that i did at a weight 25 pounds lighter than you. eating more grams of fat will only lead to more weight gain because of the calories that come with it, which benefits the growth of muscle. so of course if you have muscle on you its gonna show when its time to cut. i also suggest upping your fat it seems kind of low to me. but then again all of this is just my opinion man..

noodles36
08-24-2010, 08:39 PM
bro im also 6' and trying to bulk up. i started at 155 lbs. with 3000 cals 80fat/300 carb/250 prot. now im at 170 lbs. and im pretty sure its time to up my calories because the weight gain is starting to stop. so i suggest to maybe up your cals since your bulking with the same amount that i did at a weight 25 pounds lighter than you. eating more grams of fat will only lead to more weight gain because of the calories that come with it, which benefits the growth of muscle. so of course if you have muscle on you its gonna show when its time to cut. i also suggest upping your fat it seems kind of low to me. but then again all of this is just my opinion man..

Much love i appreciate your input. I honestly thought everything was a little low. Looking at my last couple weeks ive been around 3100calories 280/280/90. But i will try to up it just a bit. Just like you i was 155 about 8 months ago. Im sure just like me, you hated being called skinny