PDA

View Full Version : Lactose-free milk? Uhhhh?

PaulyBee
08-24-2010, 03:01 PM
SUP
Okay so I drink lactose-free milk. Is there a health difference between lactose-free and normal milk? I typically drink 1% or skim depending on what I got. I figured I was lactose-intolerant after normal milk and whey kept giving me the sh*ts lol. Any feedback is appreciated!

K-Dawg_05
08-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Theres no nutritional differance..... Most lactose intolerant people just lack the digestive enzyme lactase, which breaks down lactose......They simply add this enzyme in the milk therefore the lactose is broken down and essentially lactose free by the time you consume it

BookMonkey
08-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Agreed, very little to no difference. The only difference is non-nutritional. Lactose-free milk has a slightly sweeter taste but that is because of the reactions that have occurred before consumption as opposed to the ones that would occur with regular milk in a normal person's stomach (where they wouldn't notice the taste change).

Also, lactose-free milk has a much longer shelf life than regular milk (so buying in bulk is a lot easier on the budget).