PDA

View Full Version : Rondo "withdraws" from Team USA

GPx
08-24-2010, 01:51 PM
but in more likelihood he got cut. Sorry sweet prince, your lack of shooting just doesn't work in FIBA.

YIAMSOMEBODY
08-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Love his game, but you can't really say this wasn't coming. Dude is HORRIBLE, ATROCIOUS, DISGUSTING, BAD, AWFUL from the line and just as a shooter in general. We saw that versus the Lakers.

If you can't knock em' down when it counts, you're limiting yourself.

He needs to get in the gym more and SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT! If he can get a knockdown jumper, he'd be the complete guard.

Otaman
08-24-2010, 06:31 PM
actually smart move for Rondo, Celtics need him in top condition to get anywhere deep in the playoffs.

I don't even know why Odom is playing? You're a crucial part of Lakers team and you're risking a chance of getting hurt (and very possibly being worn down - he's almost 31).

Let the youngings play and prove themselves for Worlds, not like it's Olympics...

Beasly3333
08-24-2010, 06:36 PM
What a vagina. "Oh noes can't have my repped ruined by getting cut!!!"

Beasly3333
08-24-2010, 06:37 PM
I don't even know why Odom is playing? You're a crucial part of Lakers team and you're risking a chance of getting hurt (and very possibly being worn down - he's almost 31).

Let the youngings play and prove themselves for Worlds, not like it's Olympics...

From what I understand, players who plan on playing in the Olympics need to be at Worlds unless they have a good enough excuse. I doubt he wants to hurt his chances of making the Olympic roster.

Huse
08-24-2010, 06:39 PM
What a vagina. "Oh noes can't have my repped ruined by getting cut!!!"

lmao... ok hater

Otaman
08-24-2010, 06:44 PM
From what I understand, players who plan on playing in the Olympics need to be at Worlds unless they have a good enough excuse. I doubt he wants to hurt his chances of making the Olympic roster.

probably his main reason, he already played for 2004 Olympics

Shows a lot about his character, not in guy's best interests to play for team USA but he still does it to help bring home the gold

PatrickBateman1
08-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Read an article about it first. He was going to get cut so he just went and talked to the coaches and they basically agreed. He was obviously frustrated so he just went on his way.

futureNBAstar
08-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Read an article about it first. He was going to get cut so he just went and talked to the coaches and they basically agreed. He was obviously frustrated so he just went on his way.

damn i read an article sayin that westbrook was the likely one to be cut over rondo...

Negatron617
08-24-2010, 08:44 PM
rondo>us posting about him online

GPx
08-24-2010, 10:59 PM
rondo>us posting about him online

Rondo > most of the NBA PGs in the NBA

Not trashing the guy, he's one of my favs. His game just doesn't fit well into the FIBA game.

MrGameAndWatch
08-24-2010, 11:00 PM
sucks that he cant hit free throws