PDA

View Full Version : Muesli lovers unite!

PaulyBee
08-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Okay so I'm basically addicted to cereal. I don't know why. Fortunately though I eat healthy muesli cereals full of rolled oats, raisins, dried fruit, seeds, nuts etc. And man do I eat a lot of it, usually mixed with extra almonds, 1%/skim milk and half a scoop of whey. Does anybody else eat muesli when bulking? It's probably one thing I'll never be able to stop eating. Who else is with me?

yieldtonothing
08-23-2010, 08:46 PM
I LOVE muesli.

i enjoy the premade stuff like alpen, but i really really LOVE the authentic stuff.

i was in europe earlier this summer, first stop was dusseldorf and the hotel had the most ridiculously good muesli at their breakfast buffet. it was nice and thick, with apples, raisins, nuts. i'm pretty sure it was prepped with yogurt. i must've had 3 bowls every morning.

next stop was berlin and the hotel had a bunch of dry mueslis, all of which were awesome. especially the chocolate muesli.

last stop was paris. the breakfast spread at the hotel was insane, but the muesli selection was lacking.

yes i know

cool story, hansel

but the moral is- muesli is ****ing awesome

PaulyBee
08-23-2010, 08:48 PM
I LOVE muesli.

i enjoy the premade stuff like alpen, but i really really LOVE the authentic stuff.

i was in europe earlier this summer, first stop was dusseldorf and the hotel had the most ridiculously good muesli at their breakfast buffet. it was nice and thick, with apples, raisins, nuts. i'm pretty sure it was prepped with yogurt. i must've had 3 bowls every morning.

next stop was berlin and the hotel had a bunch of dry mueslis, all of which were awesome. especially the chocolate muesli.

last stop was paris. the breakfast spread at the hotel was insane, but the muesli selection was lacking.

yes i know

cool story, hansel

but the moral is- muesli is ****ing awesome

Ahhhhhhh you're making me FIEND. That sounds fantastic. Glad I'm not the only one with this (delicious) obsession!

yieldtonothing
08-23-2010, 09:10 PM
was truly awesome to wake up in the morning and be greeted with 8 different kinds of delicious muesli. loaded up a massive late of fruit, poured a little warm skim on a big bowl of muesli and let it soak while i went to work on the freshest, most delicious fruit i've eaten all year. once i was done, the muesli was the perfect texture.

i love a big breakfast when i'm on vacation.

Gyskermike
08-23-2010, 09:24 PM
I must of missed this thread earlier, but yeah muesli is amazing I like making the overnight/authentic kind. It's srsly the best breakfast ever.

Z Gatrel
08-23-2010, 09:25 PM
I feel like im about to make your day my friend.

Try this next time you go to have a bowl of cereal. Pre mix 1 scoop ( or 2 depending on how much cereal ) with 1 cup ( once again or 2 depending on how much cereal ) of PROTEIN POWDER!!! I personally prefer Whey Cake Batter or Rocky road.

Anyways, premix that and poor it ontop of your cereal. Congratulations you are now addicted to the nom nom.

n00bsauce
08-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Love it, I eat Bob's Red Mill muesli almost every morning for breakfast, sometimes I mix in a scoop of whey and some natty pb.

AlwaysTryin
08-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Muesli is amazing, it's like cheesecake for me.

I couldn't decide between the 2 I love them that much!

greenhealth
08-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Home made mass gainer:

Muesli, raw milk, fruit, honey- blend and drink. add whey protein isolate if you wish.

Should add that I use raw steel cut oats soaked in milk overnight.

lrogers1990
08-26-2010, 04:24 AM
i havent got any weighing scales so i was just wondering how much about is 50 grams of muesli ..thanks !

Ash16
08-26-2010, 04:48 AM
Im freakin loving my breakfasts now i've stopped eggs and gone to muesli!

my breakfast:
-cup of quick oats
-half cup honey toasted muesli
-quarter cup mixed seeds and raisins
-2 scoops ON Gold Whey Vanilla
-some extra almonds thrown in
-low fat milk

=

my new orgasm source since no missus haha. gives the hand a break tho :P

ErickStevens
08-26-2010, 04:50 AM
Muesli + Protein Power/Cottage Cheese almost errday!

http://www.erickstevens.net/chocobananamusli.jpg

Seitenbacher FTW.

AlwaysTryin
08-26-2010, 04:55 AM
That's one big bowl of muesli!! High in calories!! :(

ErickStevens
08-26-2010, 05:05 AM
That's one big bowl of muesli!! High in calories!! :(

I was zoomed in broseph. That was Chocolate Banana Trutien + Banana + FF Cottage Cheese + Seitenbacher Choco Max Muesli. 470cal / 50g pro / 60g cho / 6g fat.

yaz_rulz
08-26-2010, 05:15 AM
Muesli lover here! I eat it especially when I am travelling.. in a lunch box I carry muesli and one 200ml low fat milk pack.. mix em and enjoy breakfast on the go :)

vvedula
11-03-2011, 10:41 AM
The Alpen Muesli from Weetabix here in Canada is amazing!

Two servings of that and two cups of Natrel milk later, you feel satisfied, have the energy of a duracell bunny, and have taken in around 40 grams of protein. Beat that! :D

Is it okay to eat that like three times a day?
I guess my colon would hate me. :D

MikeK46
11-03-2011, 12:00 PM
I feel like im about to make your day my friend.

Try this next time you go to have a bowl of cereal. Pre mix 1 scoop ( or 2 depending on how much cereal ) with 1 cup ( once again or 2 depending on how much cereal ) of PROTEIN POWDER!!! I personally prefer Whey Cake Batter or Rocky road.

Anyways, premix that and poor it ontop of your cereal. Congratulations you are now addicted to the nom nom.

Try blending milk with protein, peanut butter, and banana...and pouring that on your muesli cereal ;)

Spankyz
11-03-2011, 06:00 PM
aww man muesli is amazing mix it with some vanilla yogurt/pb/protein powder and youve got yourself an awesome meal

jimwaltza
03-30-2012, 04:08 AM
Damn dudes, this is nothing. I eat 5 servings of museli for breakfast (800 or so calories) with 1 scoop of WPI, and a cup of fat-free milk. Then have a piece of wholegrain-wholemeal bread with peanut butter and honey on top. Keeps me going for 4-5 hours till lunch! I go to bed excited for breakfast, knowing this glorious meal is ahead of me!

gaz2111
10-28-2017, 01:46 PM
Dead post I know but have to say. Muesli and toffee flavoured drops beats all