PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton Portis, E-Nourmous Larry Johnson, Not-so-fast Willie Parker.

JRRBadBoy4Life
08-23-2010, 07:03 AM
Which old fart won't make the cut for the Redskins? No way they will keep 3 guys 29 or older at RB. Larry Johnson looked pretty bad. Portis has had the best career, I don't see him going anywhere. He's always a team player, hard worker, and when healthy he's as good as any back in the league. Don't know much about Willie right now.

So its between Parker and Johnson really.

sgtrobo
08-23-2010, 07:04 AM
Willie Parker gets the cut. The only thing he EVER had going for him was speed, and he's not fast anymore.

he can't block and can't catch for $hit out of the backfield.

209vaughn
08-23-2010, 08:28 AM
Parker gets cut.

I actually think Portis might have a decent year. Reports are he's slimmed down and looking to play a little more lean this year.

Shangius
08-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Portis was such a beast when he played for denver. But the guy has taken a huge beating since then.

bustermac
08-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Parker gets the cut.

Portis has looked GREAT in camp and preseason. In best shape he's been in for years, was a statistical beast for Shanny his first time with him...will have solid bounce-back year. (srs)

LJ looked great in camp...laid an egg in the game this weekend.

Ryan Torain and Keiland Williams look GREAT...will BOTH beat Parker.

CP - #1 back
LJ - 3rd-down back. #2
Torain - #3 back, potentially could surpass LJ
K. Williams - #4 back, goal line possibilities

Will be a solid year with the Portis/Shanahan reunion. He's healthy, VERY motivated, is working hard in practice and camp for first time ever, and in a system that fits him. People who are underestimating or writing Portis off just aren't paying attention. Shanahan is using that same "plug anyone in for instant 100-yard game" system he had in Denver...but Portis is a real talent unlike most of the no-names in Denver. Their big name, Terrell Davis...was interning and helping Skins RBs at training camp. (Davis looks beastly still...he could still play by the looks of him, saw him at TC in person)

Not sure what happened with LJ against the Ravens...he really has not looked bad at all in camp...but 8 carries for 4 yards? WHAT HAPPENED? He'll bounce back...he's better than that, but Portis is the man there this season.

Big7Ben86
08-23-2010, 01:39 PM
my superbowl xl autographed willie parker TD run picture still hangs in my room.

RIP fast willie

bustermac
08-23-2010, 02:55 PM
OH...and Clinton Portis >>>>>>>>> Bill Clinton

Don't mention them together again, OP.

Ace50
08-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Portis is pretty much a lock for the starting rb spot.

Both Johnson and Parker are washed up. Neither will have any significant impact. Wouldn't be surprised with both get cut because the young guys are being more productive.

brudman
08-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Clinton Portis, LJ, and Ryan Torain will be the tailbacks for Washington. By the end of the year, I wouldn't be surprised to see Portis and Torain 50/50. Torain is a good back.

FSUBRAH84
08-23-2010, 05:09 PM
If portis really got lean and stays healthy a see a decent season for him.

Willie should be cut.

FlexGunmetal
08-23-2010, 07:39 PM
lol Torain is still in the league? I remember him.

bustermac
08-24-2010, 07:42 AM
lol Torain is still in the league? I remember him.

What's so funny?

Anyways, he was out last year with injury, but yes, it in the league and on the Skins. He only played 2 games in 2008 with Denver, then had a year off for surgery.

Could you be thinking of someone else? He's only 23 years old. Very good RB if he can stay healthy.

Danielwik
08-24-2010, 07:47 AM
Man Parker got slow fast, it seems like he was fast Willy for like 1 season then bam slow.

bustermac
08-24-2010, 08:26 AM
We'll see what Parker can do this week...he's starting and getting most of the carries against the Jets.

If he flops, I think he'll be cut.

4thelvofthegme
08-24-2010, 09:47 AM
i hope portis gets it, i never really understood why shannahan traded him off, but CP is a good back and should be able to do well this year. Fast willie is fast no more, but larry johnson might go slapping someone around again

bustermac
08-24-2010, 09:54 AM
There's no competition for the #1 spot...it's definitely CP.

LJ seemed to have the backup spot locked up, looked great in camp...until that Ravens game.

We'll see if Parker can do anything.