PDA

View Full Version : mass gainer necessary?

JK12
08-23-2010, 04:06 AM
Im trying to bulk at the moment, and im unsure if taking a mass gainer is necessary if im already taking a couple protein shakes a day. Typically I don't eat to much on my days off work because I work night shifts and my eating schedule is messed and i dont get hungry as much as I did when I had a daytime schedule. So on my days off I usually get up late afternoon anywhere between 2-4 PM, have a snack and take a pre work out supplement, have a post work out protein shake, than eat usually around 8pm, then usually have a second meal later on and maybe a snack before bed. Basically im wondering if maybe replacing my protein shakes with a mass gainer and maybe drink that twice a day would help me gain some pounds? and should I take it on my non work out days??

Anthony21
08-23-2010, 05:02 AM
mass gainers aren't necessary. They are just sugar(maltodextrin) and protein with basic carb sources nothing to fancy. I always say the best mass gainer is one you make with a solid protein blend and your own ingredients so you can better control the macros.