PDA

View Full Version : San Diego peeps: Famous Daves Bbq or Phils BBQ???

nick1990
08-22-2010, 01:18 PM
They are both equally far away from me, and are right around the same price range

i sort of want Daves because they serve brisket and cornbread there, but i keep hearing how great Phils is from everyone

Need to know in 30 mins because we are leaving

thanks

ian0789
08-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Not from San Diego, but we do have Daves BBQ in NJ. Went there once and wouldnt go back again. Food was greasy as heck and over priced for the sizes they give you.

Side note one of there corn muffins has 400 Cal in it 0.o and it wasnt even the size of my fist.

nick1990
08-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Not from San Diego, but we do have Daves BBQ in NJ. Went there once and wouldnt go back again. Food was greasy as heck and over priced for the sizes they give you.

Side note one of there corn muffins has 400 Cal in it 0.o and it wasnt even the size of my fist.

oh shiit really?

thanks breh

THE_TRUTH86
08-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Daves BBQ is a chain, Phils is the bomb!

ian0789
08-22-2010, 03:28 PM
oh shiit really?

thanks breh

Np! I always go for the whole in the wall, self owned BBQ places(or any place I eat) vs chains. It was a big let down when I went there :(

nick1990
08-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Np! I always go for the whole in the wall, self owned BBQ places(or any place I eat) vs chains. It was a big let down when I went there :(

Phils was da bomb(srs)

Second best ribs I've ever had next to my uncle chris', which is saying A LOT IMO

The sides were a 6/10 at best, but the beef ribs and pulled sandwich were fantastic

Great place
Thanks guys

desslok
08-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Phils was da bomb(srs)

Second best ribs I've ever had next to my uncle chris', which is saying A LOT IMO

The sides were a 6/10 at best, but the beef ribs and pulled sandwich were fantastic

Great place
Thanks guys

i love Phils. I usually get the broham sammich, (pulled pork with coleslaw on top), or the chickless dinner, or ribless dinner. The beans there are some of the best around too. I just wish they would steam their veggies longer.