PDA

View Full Version : Post work out carb not coming from supps.

Bustedchalk
08-21-2010, 04:08 PM
I am sick of reading and trying to find out what people are having for there post work out shake, I am trying to use as few supps as possible as they are a pain for me to find.

I am taking one scoop of 100 ON Whey, but I am wondering where I can get my Carb source from. Is it true GI index no longer matters and I can eat any source of carb? If not how else can I get dextrose and maltodextrin (coming from foods)?

FunkymonkAW
08-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Just get a carb source. I like bagels, bread, cereal, oats etc. etc.

TitanFB11
08-21-2010, 04:12 PM
get it from anything. GI dosent matter. id perfer a whole food source vs a supplemental carb powder.(more vitamins and minerals, usually good source of fiber)

my PWO snack is a muscle milk shake with 2% milk, a large apple and 1 english muffin with a tbsp honey.

if u havent tried honey on toast,bagels ect....its damn good

Bustedchalk
08-21-2010, 04:36 PM
thank you, I can now sleep peacefully.

Josh86
08-21-2010, 05:07 PM
When I first got into "working out" I used dextrose, and as mentioned I learned to just use any carb source. So I picked a cheap one, and that's oatmeal. I use an old 1 lb. protein powder container and blend up oatmeal into a powder, and then I just add one serving of oatmeal + 1 serving of whey protein and that's my post workout shake. A bit gritty (even WORSE if you don't blend, but done in a pinch when I didn't have any ground up) but I'm used to it.

swolejack5
08-21-2010, 06:53 PM
When I first got into "working out" I used dextrose, and as mentioned I learned to just use any carb source. So I picked a cheap one, and that's oatmeal. I use an old 1 lb. protein powder container and blend up oatmeal into a powder, and then I just add one serving of oatmeal + 1 serving of whey protein and that's my post workout shake. A bit gritty (even WORSE if you don't blend, but done in a pinch when I didn't have any ground up) but I'm used to it.

I love this, you can get that gritty texture away by first adding 1/2 cup fat free milk to blender, then the oats, blend blend blend... and then add in some whey/ice cubes. Awesome shake.

kfairhurst
08-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Whole food> any supplement.

That being said, I enjoy a piece of fruit and some rice cakes PWO. And no, fructose is not a bad thing PWO.

Hightower8
08-21-2010, 07:23 PM
Oats.....'Nuff said

OtisBDriftwood
08-21-2010, 08:37 PM
white rice

jdjprimer19
08-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Good responses. I don't have to bash on anyone this time around.