PDA

View Full Version : Fat Loss Supplement or no?

WritteninRed
08-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Hi,
I'm fairly new to trying to get in better shape right now I've lost about 15 over the past month through diet and exercise. I haven't reached a plateau yet. But I'm deciding whether or not too use a supplement to boost my progress I started out at 270 I'm about 255 right now. I was just wondering what you guys would suggest.
Thanks

wunabesk8r
08-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Hi,
I'm fairly new to trying to get in better shape right now I've lost about 15 over the past month through diet and exercise.

15 in one month is good work man, you're on a good track. IMO you don't really need the aid of a supplement yet, other than a protein powder, because you're already making good progress.

typh
08-20-2010, 02:16 PM
Hi,
I'm fairly new to trying to get in better shape right now I've lost about 15 over the past month through diet and exercise. I haven't reached a plateau yet. But I'm deciding whether or not too use a supplement to boost my progress I started out at 270 I'm about 255 right now. I was just wondering what you guys would suggest.
Thanks

Quick fixes never last. Knowledge is power and power is change. Learn about nutrition, eating healthy and exercising. Hard work, determination and courage to change, and nothing else will help you achieve your goals. And of course, if you need any advice thats what these forums are for. I say get pumped, get hyped, work out, feed your body good clean whole foods, and lose weight the way it should be lost. Otherwise you will just gain it back. Ditch the weight loss pills - who knows wtf those things do to your body.

by the way - congrats on the weight loss! Don't be discouraged if it slows. You've burned off carb stores and water weight - now comes the fun part!

WritteninRed
08-20-2010, 02:19 PM
15 in one month is good work man, you're on a good track. IMO you don't really need the aid of a supplement yet, other than a protein powder, because you're already making good progress.

Thanks man, I've been using protein powder, I haven't used any supplements yet, I was personally thinking going the natural way would be better, I was trying to get some extra advice

WritteninRed
08-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Ditch the weight loss pills - who knows wtf those things do to your body.

by the way - congrats on the weight loss! Don't be discouraged if it slows. You've burned off carb stores and water weight - now comes the fun part!

Thanks! and thats very true, thats why I was intimidated by the thought of using them, thanks for the advice

Shaunonymous
08-20-2010, 03:05 PM
I started using an ECA stack (Ephedrine, Caffeine & aspirin) from 31/07/10. It's used in cutting and is a very effective CNS stimulant, appetite suppressant, thermogenic compound and according to a few controlled studies will help retain LBM. The "science" behind it is that the majority of it's effects come from the appetite supressant, which does indeed vastly reduce hunger. I don't rely on it for this purpose as i wasn't even hungry prior to taking the ECA stack as i still consume a decent diet, but what it does do is assists me in not giving into cravings if i see a last slice of pizza left by my family or to get a mid-morning snack that is too high in sugar/carbs for my liking.

The other effect of it is the increased energy due to the ephedrine & caffeine acting as a CNS stimulant. For aerobic exercise it HAS shown from controlled studies to show an increase in athletic performance, as most people will testify to when they go running after a large dose of caffeine. I find myself working alot harder during cardio which is great in my opinion.

The final effect of it is the ECA stack's thermogenic effects. I'm not that clued up on thermogenesis but from what i know is it slightly increases the body's core temperature which is resulting in more calorie expenditure, i think it was quoted to be about an extra 200-300 a day. You will feel a significant difference in body temperature the first week of taking it but you get used to it until it becomes routine.

It's not without it's problems though, the main gripe i have with the ECA stack is the irritability & lack of sleep. Like most CNS stimulants, you're brain is running like the bullet train and certain things can tick you off, i've noticed i can become slightly agressive in situations where previously would not have bothered me but i'm sure side effects vary from person to person. As said above, lack of sleep bothers me. I dose at 7.30am, and then my 2nd dose at 12-1pm, even if i go to sleep at 11am i'll still be awake tossing and turning at 1am.

I'm running on a 6 week on, 2 week off cycle. So far the results are showing, prior to taking the ECA stack i would lose about 2-2.5lb a week on average (obviously water retention & bowel contents can vary this) but on the ECA stack i'm losing about 3lb a week at the moment. There's been no reduction in strength and the side effects are easily manageable after the first 2 weeks, my main concern right now is what will happen when i come off the ECA stack; caffeine withdrawl symptoms, reduced energy levels etc..

Each to their own, but having been an experienced recreational drug user i am well aware of dangers, side effects, psychological changes and withdrawl symptoms and feel an ECA stack is safe AND effective when used correctly.