PDA

View Full Version : Should churches be banned from being built near playgrounds?

Judge_Joe_Brown
08-17-2010, 11:26 AM
What say you? I'm sure we all kept up with the news for the past year about the HUNDREDS of children who are being touched by Jesus's presence (literally). So should Churches be banned?

all pro
08-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Yes. Only crack houses should be built near schools.

bird72
08-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Yes, Only abortion clinics and gay bars should be built near schools.

IraHays
08-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Yes. Only sweat shops should be built near schools.

mab23
08-17-2010, 11:34 AM
thats not gonna happen brah

otisthebat
08-17-2010, 11:37 AM
yes, only schools should be built near schools.

Judge_Joe_Brown
08-17-2010, 11:42 AM
thats not gonna happen brah

Well if all Muslims are responsible for 9/11 and that's why they can't build a community centre, this seems like the next logical step.

RIKTER
08-17-2010, 11:53 AM
What say you? I'm sure we all kept up with the news for the past year about the HUNDREDS of children who are being touched by Jesus's presence (literally). So should Churches be banned?

The problem isnt so much the church but the closeted gay men who flock to it as some safe haven in order to molest young boys. The churches problem is covering it up, etc.

jf1
08-17-2010, 12:41 PM
churches should not be exempt from the 'drug free zones' surrounding our schools.

ChrisHansenDatelineNBC
08-17-2010, 01:23 PM
fk schools, build churches everywhere

newgene
08-17-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm not a religious person, but I have to give credit to Christian churches in general. Church groups came in after we were hit hard by Katrina, and they gave in mass without an expectation of anything in return.

So, do I think they are a good thing in general, absolutely. Most christian people I know are decent people. I'm sure it will make major news sources if the local ****phile is a church member, but I have to live off of my own personal experiences, which have been all good.

No, I say no ban on churches.

lunatard
08-17-2010, 02:59 PM
i cant see why one would propose such a thing, a playground is not place where thousands died due to religious fanaticism

Boffothe
08-17-2010, 03:14 PM
i know what some of you are thinking, that's only a few priests, not all Christians and not all churches, but churches are basically just child-molester training facilities. they erect churches as monuments to epic molestations.

Blindead
08-17-2010, 03:20 PM
churches should not be exempt from the 'drug free zones' surrounding our schools.

lulz

germanyt
08-17-2010, 03:23 PM
i know what some of you are thinking, that's only a few priests, not all Christians and not all churches, but churches are basically just child-molester training facilities. they erect churches as monuments to epic molestations.

This actually made me push away from my computer and lol. Would rep but on recharge.

gym-bob
08-17-2010, 03:25 PM
i'm not a religious person, but i have to give credit to christian churches in general. Church groups came in after we were hit hard by katrina, and they gave in mass without an expectation of anything in return.

So, do i think they are a good thing in general, absolutely. Most christian people i know are decent people. I'm sure it will make major news sources if the local ****phile is a church member, but i have to live off of my own personal experiences, which have been all good.

No, i say no ban on churches.

so you could say the church really TOUCHED you huh

Rdez
08-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Child molesters infiltrated the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church did not advocate, endorse, or preach child molestation in anyway or at any point, verbally or in it's texts.

So no, there would seem to be no reason to ban playgrounds from being near churches. Not to mention most cases of abuse had no connection to playgrounds.

The Catholic leadership that knew about the ****philes and covered it up, however, should go to jail for a long long time.

Judge_Joe_Brown
08-17-2010, 03:36 PM

Lol'd hard.

clash101
08-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Child molesters infiltrated the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church did not advocate, endorse, or preach child molestation in anyway or at any point, verbally or in it's texts.

So no, there would seem to be no reason to ban playgrounds from being near churches. Not to mention most cases of abuse had no connection to playgrounds.

The Catholic leadership that knew about the ****philes and covered it up, however, should go to jail for a long long time.

And many muslims do not endorse or advocate flying planes into buildings. So why the outrage against the Islamic center because of what 20 men did but not against churches because of what hundreds of priests did. Because it happened close to it? Physical proximity is not exactly all that relevant if you think about it rationally. That's the point.

Fail.

burnedfish
08-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Well if all Muslims are responsible for 9/11 and that's why they can't build a community centre, this seems like the next logical step.

who is saying all Muslims are responsible for 9/11?

i cant see why one would propose such a thing, a playground is not place where thousands died due to religious fanaticism

this ^^, bad analogy of playground and twin towers, although, both are sites of abominable attrocities.

Does the 'Islamic church' or whatever one calls the overarching beauracacy, endorse violence as committed on 9/11? (srs) In other words, can the same be said that terrorists infiltrated the Islamic Church and commit the acts in their name?

clash101
08-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Does the 'Islamic church' or whatever one calls the overarching beauracacy, endorse violence as committed on 9/11? (srs)

There is no central authority in Islam I think. Well except the Shia sect whose "pope like figure" is the Ayatollah in Iran. But they make up only 10-20% of muslims

burnedfish
08-17-2010, 04:00 PM
There is no central authority in Islam I think. Well except the Shia sect whose "pope like figure" is the Ayatollah in Iran. But they make up only 10-20% of muslims

Well in this case, as in all others I have encountered, acting on generalizations is faulty.

However, I also believe each case, as sensitive as this one is, should be considered on an individual basis.

If it is within their rights legally to build there, then they can if they wish to. I personally believe it is a bad decision, but I wouldn't forcefully stop it.

ArchangelDante
08-17-2010, 04:02 PM
i don't see why it makes a difference.

Blindead
08-17-2010, 04:03 PM
And many muslims do not endorse or advocate flying planes into buildings. So why the outrage against the Islamic center because of what 20 men did but not against churches because of what hundreds of priests did. Because it happened close to it? Physical proximity is not exactly all that relevant if you think about it rationally. That's the point.

Fail.

Yes, it is. If 3000 kids were gathered together and gang raped by a bunch of priests, I don't think most people would want a church built there. If you think physical proximity isn't important, you're an idiot. Ground Zero is an extremely emotional place to most people. Go take someone who lost their family on 9/11 to a bagel shop in NYC. Nothing. Take them to Ground Zero. They'll probably cry. Take someone who was in Vietnam to Little Vietnam - nothing. Take them to the Vietnam Memorial - they'll probably start crying or just not talk for 20 minutes. Take a rape victim back to the dark alley where they were raped and see how they react. You honestly can't be this ignorant.

RIKTER
08-17-2010, 04:06 PM

Actually its closeted gay men who pretend to be catholic in order to do the aforementioned. The church needs a better screening process and not cover it up.

I guess college campuses support date rape since its a breeding ground for it and is often covered up..

clash101
08-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Yes, it is. If 3000 kids were gathered together and gang raped by a bunch of priests, I don't think most people would want a church built there. If you think physical proximity isn't important, you're an idiot. Ground Zero is an extremely emotional place to most people. Go take someone who lost their family on 9/11 to a bagel shop in NYC. Nothing. Take them to Ground Zero. They'll probably cry. Take someone who was in Vietnam to Little Vietnam - nothing. Take them to the Vietnam Memorial - they'll probably start crying or just not talk for 20 minutes. Take a rape victim back to the dark alley where they were raped and see how they react. You honestly can't be this ignorant.

lol so? This center is being built 2 blocks away. Its like a small shop. Its not a memorial to Bin Laden or terrorism. How exactly is that even insensitive? Moderate muslims did not attack anyone. Hell I could even see the point if this was a mosque on the exact location and whenever the family members went there, they saw a big mosque. But it ain't so. You don't even have to see it if you lost someone on 9/11 and went to that site. 2 blocks away, 5 blocks away 20 miles away....what the f' ck is insensitive unless someone believes that 9/11 was a direct attack from all muslims.

ArchangelDante
08-17-2010, 04:11 PM
really? are we really mad that there are churches near schools? really? they teach evolution in school now so i don't see any big deal at all. some people just need a reason to bitch and moan even if it isn't a reason at all

Rdez
08-17-2010, 05:15 PM

Fail.

Here's the difference you're missing. The 9/11 attacks WERE done in the name of Islam by the Islamic terrorists who hijacked those planes. They did it for the glory of Allah and for their religion, and because the believed their religion condoned that act and that they would be rewarded for it. And a sizable part of the muslim world (but NOT all muslims) shared that sentiment and even celebrated the act. As such, don't you understand the connection people see between a mosque being built at ground zero, terrorism, islam, and feelings of distrust and fear and anger? Even though yes the majority of islam doesn't support what was done on 9/11

Can you honestly say the same occurs in the cases of Catholic priests abusing children? Did priests cite the bible as justification for molesting children? Did other Catholics dance in the streets after the abuse? Did the priests abuse children in the name of Catholicism? Or where they just plain old ****philes?

You can post your little 'fail' but it doesn't change the facts nor amount to much of an argument. Stand up for what you believe without the cop out comments.

Can you understand the difference?

Streetbull
08-17-2010, 05:35 PM

Yep. I cannot go near the Vietnam Memorial. I specifically avoid it on the rare occasions I am in D.C. Same for Arlington.

tk217
08-17-2010, 05:36 PM
yes, only schools should be built near schools.

wtf is this ****?

ArchangelDante
08-17-2010, 05:40 PM
nothing should be built near schools. schools should be built in antarctica far away from civilization so that none of the children are susceptible to rape

clash101
08-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Here's the difference you're missing. The 9/11 attacks WERE done in the name of Islam by the Islamic terrorists who hijacked those planes. They did it for the glory of Allah and for their religion, and because the believed their religion condoned that act and that they would be rewarded for it. And a sizable part of the muslim world (but NOT all muslims) shared that sentiment and even celebrated the act. As such, don't you understand the connection people see between a mosque being built at ground zero, terrorism, islam, and feelings of distrust and fear and anger? Even though yes the majority of islam doesn't support what was done on 9/11

Can you honestly say the same occurs in the cases of Catholic priests abusing children? Did priests cite the bible as justification for molesting children? Did other Catholics dance in the streets after the abuse? Did the priests abuse children in the name of Catholicism? Or where they just plain old ****philes?

You can post your little 'fail' but it doesn't change the facts nor amount to much of an argument. Stand up for what you believe without the cop out comments.

Can you understand the difference?

Well, Catholicism caused the molestation because it devoids priests of the simple pleasure of sex and they turn to these disgusting habits BUT fine, lets throw away the playground example. I regret actually using it anyways. This issue goes beyond that.

Still, the Islamic center is not on ground zero really and its pretty small. Plus, regardless of what the terrorists thought or wanted to achieve, this was not a big attack from all muslims. These were not Americans muslim citizens attacking America. I would understand if this was a memorial to Bin Laden or even if it was a big mosque on the actual site/ But it isn't. Its 2 blocks away, its like a small shop and it is not in any way advocating terrorism.

Muslims should not have to stand for this. They should not have to feel under pressure because of the actions of individuals they had nothing to do with. I don't care if people are so sensitive. This is their problem for associating American muslim citizens with terrorist who fly planes into buildings. Its just completely unfair and quite frankly disgusting the way innocent people are being treated due to the actions of other people.

VAPlowhorse
08-17-2010, 05:43 PM

Lolz, saw that on the Daily Show too. Can't say I would support it, partial fault for molestation lies with parents and organizations stupid enough to allow children around men who have taken a vow of celibacy to begin with.

Rdez
08-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Well, Catholicism caused the molestation because it devoids priests of the simple pleasure of sex and they turn to these disgusting habits ...

Let me stop you there...

What proof do you have, evidence, anecdotal, studies, etc. that shows lack of intercourse with women causes men to turn into homosexual ****philes?

By that argument, you could say that any guy that doesn't start nailing chicks by age 14 is going to turn into a ****phile, because they can't handle the lack of sex and thus they start raping children.

How often is that the case?

ArchangelDante
08-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Let me stop you there...

What proof do you have, evidence, anecdotal, studies, etc. that shows lack of intercourse with women causes men to turn into homosexual ****philes?

By that argument, you could say that any guy that doesn't start nailing chicks by age 14 is going to turn into a ****phile, because they can't handle the lack of sex and thus they start raping children.

lol this. i guess some people without self control think that nobody can have control if they dont

clash101
08-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Let me stop you there...

K I hope you actually read the whole thing and not just focus on that.

But realistically, why does this happen in catholic church so much? Not even Protestant denominations have this sh' t. Jews do not either.

Plus, at 14 you are young. There is hope. Even for the average older virgin, they have hope. These priests who literally cannot do it ever are frustrated and get tempted by the easiest targets aka male kids.

This is exactly why people become gay in prisons even though they would never do it outside. When you are without sex, you tend to go towards the easiest option available to you.

clash101
08-17-2010, 05:53 PM
lol this. i guess some people without self control think that nobody can have control if they dont

wtf? You saying I have no self control? lol nice personal attack.

Not every catholic priest molests kids. I KNOW that.

ArchangelDante
08-17-2010, 05:56 PM
K I hope you actually read the whole thing and not just focus on that.

But realistically, why does this happen in catholic church so much? Not even Protestant denominations have this sh' t. Jews do not either.

Plus, at 14 you are young. There is hope. Even for the average older virgin, they have hope. These priests who literally cannot do it ever are frustrated and get tempted by the easiest targets aka male kids.

This is exactly why people become gay in prisons even though they would never do it outside. When you are without sex, you tend to go towards the easiest option available to you.

i'm a virgin, i'm already preparing for the imminent rapes i am going to commit because of it.....really? animal planet is a good channel but it doesn't always apply to people with a conscience

clash101
08-17-2010, 05:58 PM
i'm a virgin, i'm already preparing for the imminent rapes i am going to commit because of it.....really? animal planet is a good channel but it doesn't always apply to people with a conscience

Good work ignoring what I actually wrote.

Trolling?

ArchangelDante
08-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Good work ignoring what I actually wrote.

Trolling?

if a priest rapes someone then they did it because they are a bad person not because they have a lack of sex

clash101
08-17-2010, 06:03 PM
if a priest rapes someone then they did it because they are a bad person not because they have a lack of sex

lmfao at the simple logic. No sh' t they are bad people. Not the point but okay

Duckenheimer
08-17-2010, 06:03 PM
nothing should be built near schools. schools should be built in antarctica far away from civilization so that none of the children are susceptible to rape

http://virginmedia.s3.amazonaws.com/galleries/s/sm/smi/4654221269358245-smiley_riley430x300-main.jpg

ArchangelDante
08-17-2010, 06:07 PM
http://virginmedia.s3.amazonaws.com/galleries/s/sm/smi/4654221269358245-smiley_riley430x300-main.jpg

****ing lol when i saw location. raped i mean repped

tk217
08-17-2010, 06:07 PM

What are you doing in Antarctica?

NJlifter88
08-17-2010, 07:02 PM
strong daily show reference OP

user134597813204
08-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Maybe the question implies a hasty generalization insulting to virtuous, chaste clergy.