PDA

View Full Version : Ground Turkey Breast

Chizek
08-10-2010, 08:03 PM
What are some good recipes that are simple, quick, and easy with ground turkey breast. I've really only ever gotten turkey breast from the deli for sandwiches but thought about starting to get the 99% lean ground turkey breast but don't really have any ideas for things to eat with it or some good recipes for it.

If you guys have any suggestion that would be great, thanks!

determined4000
08-10-2010, 08:12 PM
burgers
tacos
chili
homemade pizza topping

BookMonkey
08-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Cook 1 lb of ground turkey in a pan over medium with a cup or so of salsa (homemade preferred), then throw in some chopped mushrooms, onion, green pepper, and a single chopped up Serrano chili pepper.

Stir occasionally and cook until you get a nice slop going (you don't want it to be too watery).

Cook it longer to make it thicker for use as sloppy joes. Serve as taco meat. Mix with crisp lettuce as a taco salad. Stuff into tortilla as a burrito. So many possibilities!

AttackLife
08-10-2010, 09:27 PM
burgers
tacos
chili
homemade pizza topping

My parents have been making turkey burgers and using turkey as a substitute in their chili for years, you can't evn tell the difference in the chili.

Anyway, turkey burgers are pretty easy to make, you can chop up vegetables and mix it with the ground meat. Some people put eggs in, some put hot peppers, put in a little worcestershire sauce..etc. Just experiment. I'll eat them w/ just a little pepper, some mustard, and some cooked peppers and onions.

JracerX
08-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Cook 1 lb of ground turkey in a pan over medium with a cup or so of salsa (homemade preferred), then throw in some chopped mushrooms, onion, green pepper, and a single chopped up Serrano chili pepper.

Stir occasionally and cook until you get a nice slop going (you don't want it to be too watery).

Cook it longer to make it thicker for use as sloppy joes. Serve as taco meat. Mix with crisp lettuce as a taco salad. Stuff into tortilla as a burrito. So many possibilities!

Do want