PDA

View Full Version : Where am I going wrong??

MissM1985
08-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Hey guys,

I have been training a combination of cardio/weights for 6 months now with some success - have lost fat and gain some muscle but I just don't seem to see a good amount of change. At the moment I am doing a full body workout 3 times a week (combination of supersets to burn fat at the same time), I walk for 20 minutes on an incline after every session. On my off days I do 40 minutes of cardio, either I go for a jog, I do an RPM class or we pull weighted tyres in the carpark behind my gym. I am just wondering if you could have a look at my diet and tell me where I may be lacking, as mostly everyone tells me that diet is the majority of the equation:

Breakfast: oats with 4 x egg whites
Snack: protein shake
Lunch: 3 x brown rice crackers with tuna, cottage cheese, tomato and cucumber
Dinner: Either chicken breast stuffed with spinach, fetta and pinenuts and rocket with balsamic vinegar or 2 x pieces of steamed fish with shredded vegetables (carrot, cabbage, onion and zuchini)

My macros approx are: Carbs: 58g, Protein 170g, Fat 20g

Any advice would be really appreciated!

determined4000
08-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Hey guys,

I have been training a combination of cardio/weights for 6 months now with some success - have lost fat and gain some muscle but I just don't seem to see a good amount of change. At the moment I am doing a full body workout 3 times a week (combination of supersets to burn fat at the same time), I walk for 20 minutes on an incline after every session. On my off days I do 40 minutes of cardio, either I go for a jog, I do an RPM class or we pull weighted tyres in the carpark behind my gym. I am just wondering if you could have a look at my diet and tell me where I may be lacking, as mostly everyone tells me that diet is the majority of the equation:

Breakfast: oats with 4 x egg whites
Lunch: 3 x brown rice crackers with tuna, cottage cheese, tomato and cucumber
Dinner: Either chicken breast stuffed with spinach, fetta and pinenuts and rocket with balsamic vinegar or 2 x pieces of steamed fish with shredded vegetables (carrot, cabbage, onion and zuchini)

My macros approx are: Carbs: 58g, Protein 170g, Fat 20g

Any advice would be really appreciated!

you are eating far too little
that is 1100 calories, not enough for a toddler
your BMR (what you need to sleep in bed all day) is probably 1400 at least
Add in your activity-->2000 calorie maintenance at least
Your fat intake which you NEED (it is an essential macronutrient) is far too low as well(should be .4-.5g/lb)

DavyGrolton
08-06-2010, 06:30 PM
you are eating far too little
that is 1100 calories, not enough for a toddler
your BMR (what you need to sleep in bed all day) is probably 1400 at least
Add in your activity-->2000 calorie maintenance at least
Your fat intake which you NEED (it is an essential macronutrient) is far too low as well(should be .4-.5g/lb)

this

there is nothing else to be said