PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, had Shaq decided to stay in LA

SgSpartan
08-04-2010, 09:45 AM
How many rings would Shaq and Kobe have now?

calibrah2010
08-04-2010, 09:47 AM

i say 9 at the least

JTrain306
08-04-2010, 09:50 AM
They would be a completely different team.

No Gasol because they coudln't afford him.

No Odom, who although inconsistent, has proven that he is a part of the last two championships and is the best player off of the bench. (He came from the Heat when Shaq got traded there)

Maybe they'd have 7 rings.... maybe they'd both still be at 3. It's hard to say since it would have changed the team immensely.

evilsteve02
08-04-2010, 09:52 AM
well...i dunno where you got your info but shaq didn't ask the leave. Kobe got him traded because shaq told Kobe to be quiet and play the game and Kobe didn't want to.....but they would have won every year.

Otaman
08-04-2010, 10:12 AM
well...i dunno where you got your info but shaq didn't ask the leave. Kobe got him traded because shaq told Kobe to be quiet and play the game and Kobe didn't want to.....but they would have won every year.

lol wtf brah?

Shaq was getting incredibly out of shape, he was not putting enough effort into workouts. He was overweight coming into the season. You know Kobe with his work ethic was being Kobe. Shaq demanded a huge contract, which Kupchak rejected. Shaq was not satisfied with Kobe being the centerpiece for the future in L.A. Demanded a trade, took the big money with Miami and left.

Shaq had a great run. That 2000 - 2002 stretch was unbelievable. After that he just gave up, he knew he was the most dominant force in the NBA - he just stopped working on his game. Had he continued he would have easily been in the top 2-3 players of all time. I still don't know how the hell they won a championship in Miami.

give this a read, very interesting:
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Shaq-sorry-is-not-the-most-dominant-player-ev;_ylt=Ah5MTpOtZUK1LdlsuCYqxsnqbwM6?urn=nba-259688

TayeDiggz
08-04-2010, 10:14 AM
They would be a completely different team.

No Gasol because they coudln't afford him.

No Odom, who although inconsistent, has proven that he is a part of the last two championships and is the best player off of the bench. (He came from the Heat when Shaq got traded there)

Maybe they'd have 7 rings.... maybe they'd both still be at 3. It's hard to say since it would have changed the team immensely.

agreed

MrBigBoss
08-04-2010, 10:27 AM
tree fiddy

namean
08-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Question should be....

If Kobe never came to L.A. how many rings would Shaq have? :)

JTrain306
08-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Question should be....

http://sugarmtnfarm.com/blog/uploaded_images2009/GooseEggHope0647w.jpg

cinco_de_matto
08-04-2010, 11:52 AM

lmao at you thinking Shaq got traded because Kobe asked for him to be traded.

Go read Phil's book brah. He said Kobe always acting like a child when it came to Shaq.

brb, ratting out the guy that lead you to your first 3 rings and then getting caught cheating on your wife with a whore. Strong standards, a terrible husband and friend.

gswarrior510
08-04-2010, 12:29 PM
stfu walmart

anyways, probably still 3, MAYBE 4/5 if he got in shape..shaq was a lazy fatass out of his prime and only got in shape after he got traded to prove his point. Kobe was right by getting him traded.

Ace50
08-04-2010, 12:40 PM
I'd estimate around 2-3, Shaq did get lazier, and climbing up in the years. He was only productive in Miami for around 2-3 years, and let's be reality he was a non-factor on Cleveland and Phoenix.

The Shaq Trade had huge implications on the Lakers Future tho.

There was an article on ESPN a while back, that showed all the roster moves and trades that was linked to Shaq, including the Pau Gasol Trade, Draft Picks, Lamar Odom, etc.

ilikebeer
08-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Question should be....

four.

CaptainGorgeous
08-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Maybe a couple. Shaq turned into a lazy, fat **** in 2003. He shaped up and was way more productive when he went to Miami. I highly doubt he would have done this had he stayed in LA. The 3-peat was great, but I was pretty glad he left.

evilsteve02
08-04-2010, 03:12 PM
lmao at you thinking Shaq got traded because Kobe asked for him to be traded.

Go read Phil's book brah. He said Kobe always acting like a child when it came to Shaq.

brb, ratting out the guy that lead you to your first 3 rings and then getting caught cheating on your wife with a whore. Strong standards, a terrible husband and friend.

i'm confused......you are "lmao at me being right" then back me up with facts.....thanks?

evilsteve02
08-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Maybe a couple. Shaq turned into a lazy, fat **** in 2003. He shaped up and was way more productive when he went to Miami. I highly doubt he would have done this had he stayed in LA. The 3-peat was great, but I was pretty glad he left.

no he wasn't...he was the same player...

AlphaDog3
08-04-2010, 03:15 PM
If everyone could have stayed on the same page I say another 2 or 3 in the next 3 years.

If everyone stayed on the same page and Shaq was injury free and worked hard probably 4-5.

I'll go ahead and say atleast 3 more... so 6.