PDA

View Full Version : Am I on the right track?

1cepuny
07-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Hey everyone, just trying to fine tune my diet to maximize my efforts at the gym. Traditionally my diet has been shocking and I've been working really hard over the past 6 weeks or so to gain total control over what I'm putting in my body. It's a struggle every day, and by no means am I finding this easy but I'm hoping if I can keep this up then I'm on the road to success

Currently I'm:
1) 6 feet tall
2) 180lbs
3)16% Body Fat
4) 32 yrs old
5) Aiming to eventually be 200lbs and reduce BF to less than 10%

I don't know exactly how many calories I'm burning a day yet, but trying to figure this out. I'm exercising 7 days a week. 4 x 20 minutes cardio and 3 days lifting, plus 1-2 games of soccer thrown in there too.

Could you please take a look at my diet for today and tell me if you think I'm headed in the right direction or not? if not, please give me a few pointers. My cardio will be picking up every week, and in all fairness I'm very athletic so don't think this aspect will be a problem.

My supplements are as follows if this helps:

1) ON Gold Standard Whey Protein (6 scoops)
2) ON Gold Standard 100% Casein (1 scoop)
3) ON Glyco-Maize (2 scoops)
4) ON BCAA 5000 powder (2 scoops)
5) Athletic Edge PreSurge Unleashed (2 scoops)
6) Athletic Edge IntrAbolic (2 scoops)

Here's what I've eaten today. please don't hesitate to rip me to shreds if I'm doing something way wrong! I need your help..........I used acaloriecounter online

Total Nutrition Facts
Calories:2264.84
Total Fat:32.074 g
Saturated Fat:11.215 g
Trans Fat:0 g
Monounsaturated Fat:8.626 g
Polyunsaturated Fat:6.085 g
Cholesterol:316.143 mg
Sodium:3012.598 mg
Total Carbohydrate:250.266 g
Dietary Fiber:16.998 g
Sugars:104.561 g
Protein:245.855 g
Vitamin A:2158.968 IU
Vitamin C:41.962 mg
Calcium:1025.124 mg
Iron:9.234 mg

Much appreciated!

AlwaysTryin
07-31-2010, 04:41 AM
Cut some of those protein shakes out

1cepuny
07-31-2010, 05:33 AM
Cut some of those protein shakes out

Yeah, I think so too. I looked at my thread after writing it and that stood out. Should I also be eating more calories? Seems pretty low but I'm no expect by any stretch of the imagination.

How do I calculate how many calories I should be consuming? Any advice?

AlwaysTryin
07-31-2010, 05:38 AM
Give it a go for a week or two and monitor your weight

if you gain weight you know it's higher than maintainence, lose it's less, maintain it's right

ucsumma
07-31-2010, 05:43 AM
It's great that you're keeping such a detailed record, I think that's step #1.

In terms of overall intake, you need more fat.

Based on your current macros:
Protein - 46%
Carbs - 47%
Fats - 6%

I'd replace a shake or two with some natural nut butters (almond/peanut) to increase your fat intake, slightly decrease your protein, and balance your macro %.

rayr2010
07-31-2010, 05:56 AM
are you eating any food?

1cepuny
07-31-2010, 09:51 AM
It's great that you're keeping such a detailed record, I think that's step #1.

In terms of overall intake, you need more fat.

Based on your current macros:
Protein - 46%
Carbs - 47%
Fats - 6%

I'd replace a shake or two with some natural nut butters (almond/peanut) to increase your fat intake, slightly decrease your protein, and balance your macro %.

That's some great advice, thanks for taking the time to help out. I'm really not a fan of nuts but I'm prepared to nip my nose and swallow!

1cepuny
07-31-2010, 10:40 AM
are you eating any food?

Ha ha, I like this one. Yeah, I'm eating food, just didn't wanna make the thread too long and bore the life out of everyone reading it so i didn't include yesterdays food consumption. I have to say that I was hungry later last night and thought I hadn't eaten enough throughout the day. Trying to have 6 smaller meals a day is tough to get a grip of. I'll figure it out though

Typical day includes oatmeal, eggs, chicken, tuna, whole wheat bread, yogurt, vegetables of some kind, rice, potatoes. I'm also having my multi vitamins first thing in the morning along with Fish oil

robbie_vlad
07-31-2010, 11:15 AM
That's some great advice, thanks for taking the time to help out. I'm really not a fan of nuts but I'm prepared to nip my nose and swallow!

Nut butters are great, but you can also get some good fats from fish, EVOO, fish oil supps, flax (seed/oil), and other sources. Definitely drop some protein and get some more fats in (aim for around 25% of macros).