PDA

View Full Version : Oats in the shake SUCKED....

ProWrestleFan
01-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Okay, I used 8oz of milk, scoop of whey and a half cup of oats... The oats just sunk to the bottom :(
It was like drinking a shake with cerial at the bottom...

any way to get everything to blend smooth??? Did I need to blend it in the blender more?

bravo03_old
01-29-2007, 09:02 AM
Okay, I used 8oz of milk, scoop of whey and a half cup of oats... The oats just sunk to the bottom :(
It was like drinking a shake with cerial at the bottom...

any way to get everything to blend smooth??? Did I need to blend it in the blender more?

blend longer or empty into a tall glass (if you have to fill the glass twice, so be it, oatmeal should spill out from the bottom into the glass)

ovidiu
01-29-2007, 09:04 AM
try leaving the oats into the milk/water a little longer before drinking.. and shake right before taking a sip

DriftMonster
01-29-2007, 09:07 AM
Haha, I have the same problem. I usually just swirl it around as I'm drinking. You end up eating the oats, but at least they're pretty much pre-chewed :).

CitadelArmyJAG
01-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Presoak your oats... I always have a cup or two on the countertop in a bowl w/ equal parts water and a tablespoon of lemon juice. You want them to soak for at least 8 hours for the acid in the lemon juice to fully disolve the coating of phytic acid on the oats which inhibits proper digestion.

Also, they well blend MUCH faster and smoother in your blender for your shakes.

xplosivsf
01-29-2007, 09:11 AM
Yeah I put the irish oats in a coffee grinder and ground them as much as possible. Still didn't mix well but at least it wasn't as gritty without grinding. It mixed much better if I blended all of it the day before and the next day drank it. The oats went down a hell of alot smoother.

ovidiu
01-29-2007, 09:11 AM
Presoak your oats... I always have a cup or two on the countertop in a bowl w/ equal parts water and a tablespoon of lemon juice. You want them to soak for at least 8 hours for the acid in the lemon juice to fully disolve the coating of phytic acid on the oats which inhibits proper digestion.

Also, they well blend MUCH faster and smoother in your blender for your shakes.

i thought raw oats are ok for digestion

CitadelArmyJAG
01-29-2007, 07:02 PM
i thought raw oats are ok for digestion
ok =/= ideal

Easy Gainer
01-29-2007, 07:06 PM
Use the quick oats and nuke them first, then dump and blend.

MrMetabolism
01-29-2007, 07:44 PM

thats badass, i didnt know that thanks

to the threadstarter, blend your shakes ALL the way and drink immediately after blending, the blended oats dont stay suspended for very long