PDA

View Full Version : Am I going about this the right way?

Classick206
07-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Food:
Usual breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 2-3 slices of bacon or sausage links. 1 cup of 1% chocolate milk.

Lunch(es): Whole wheat wrap. 1 deli slice of chicken breast, black forest ham, cheese. 3 slices tomato, cucumber. 1/2 avocado sliced. 1 cup of Crystal Light(5cal/cup).

or

One or Two turkey (or Salmon) burgers on whole wheat sandwich style buns. Two slices of tomato (per burger), onion, ketchup, mustard.

Dinners: Two chicken fajita tacos on whole wheat tortillas.

or

Grilled Salmon fillet with potatoes (planning on swapping for sweet potatoes), and broccoli.

Workout A:
5x5 Deadlifts - Maxing at 135lbs
5x5 DB Bent Over Row - Maxing at 45lbs
5x5 DB Shoulder Press - Maxing at 35lbs

Workout B:
5x5 Squats - Maxing at 165lbs on Smith machine
5x5 DB Press - Maxing at 45lbs/hand
2xF LAT pulldown (in place of pull-ups) - Averaging about 10 reps at 100lbs

All sets are ramping (increasing weights). M/W/F is the usual schedule. I've started including an hour on a treadmill on off days.

As for supplements, nothing as of yet. The only thing that could count towards it is a muscle milk (or Gatorade Recover) drink after my lifting days. I'm considering buying a couple Biotest products. Mainly, Flameout (EPAs), Hot Rox(fat burner) and their Whey product which I can't remember the name of.

21years old, 6'0, 200 lbs when I started on 7/5/10 (195lbs today). Approx 25-30% BF. I'm not really going for a big bulky bodybuilder body- so I'd assume that 1500-1700 cal/day is about right. My goal is less than 15% BF maybe 180-190 lbs.

Any and all feedback/criticism is appreciated. I considered posting Before pics that I took on 7/5/10, but I'll see how this goes first. >_>

Thanks.

dburgz
07-23-2010, 12:50 AM
Chocolate Milk, Bacon and sausage get that outta your diet

Classick206
07-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Well the reason it's there is I've read that Chocolate milk boosts metabolism and promote fat loss. The links and bacon are mostly there for the protein. What would be better in their place?

dburgz
07-23-2010, 01:14 AM
Well the reason it's there is I've read that Chocolate milk boosts metabolism and promote fat loss. The links and bacon are mostly there for the protein. What would be better in their place?

Really? I would just do the skim milk, and instead of bacon and sausage have some oatmeal and egg whites. I have my oatmeal with a banana and blue berries and throw in some flax seed oil for good measure.

Classick206
07-23-2010, 01:26 AM
Would flavored Quaker instant oatmeal be fine?

Haveboards
07-23-2010, 02:38 AM
Diets looks good as long as you are eating at a deficit. Over all cals is most important

Do not squat in the smith machine.

Try the search engine to find out why.