PDA

View Full Version : My prediction for the 2010 NFL playoff picture

quietstormx1
07-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Lets get some NFL talk going. I feel pretty confident in the below layout. Of course it's all subject to change once they all step on the field.

NFC
1. Minnesota Vikings (assuming Favre makes his return)
2. Green Bay Packers
3. New Orleans Saints
4. New York Giants
5. Dallas Cowboys
6. San Francisco 49ers

AFC
1. Indianapolis Colts
2. New York Jets
3. Baltimore Ravens
4. Houston Texans
5. Kansas City Chiefs
6. Miami Dolphins

Superbowl XLV
New York Jets v Minnesota Vikings

(inb4 Location: New Jersey)

charity4thepoor
07-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Lets get some NFL talk going. I feel pretty confident in the below layout. Of course it's all subject to change once they all step on the field.

NFC
2. Green Bay Packers
3. New Orleans Saints
4. New York Giants
5. Dallas Cowboys
6. San Francisco 49ers

AFC
1. Indianapolis Colts
2. New York Jets
3. Baltimore Ravens
4. Houston Texans
5. Kansas City Chiefs
6. Miami Dolphins

Superbowl XLV

chiefs?
o lawd

ebongo91
07-20-2010, 04:29 PM
I dont get it. How can the viks and pack be one and two when they are in the same division? Anyway I wouldnt have 49ers and Cheifs in. Superbowl will probably be Ravens and Vikings IMO. I sure as hell hope dirty sanchez doesnt get a chance at a ring.

quietstormx1
07-20-2010, 04:29 PM
chiefs?
o lawd

i have them as a sleeper. i might be wrong about 5th seed, but i think they can make it. they have a solid back field, and all Cassel needs is a target to throw to.

I dont get it. How can the viks and pack be one and two when they are in the same division? Anyway I wouldnt have 49ers and Cheifs in. Superbowl will probably be Ravens and Vikings IMO. I sure as hell hope dirty sanchez doesnt get a chance at a ring.

good point. i confused myself on the divisions, so i probably have something else messed up to. no biggie.

TrollDattHoe
07-20-2010, 04:36 PM
i have them as a sleeper. i might be wrong about 5th seed, but i think they can make it. they have a solid back field, and all Cassel needs is a target to throw to.

Yah but the Chiefs have absolutely no pass-rush. I'd put the Raiders in b4 i'd put the Chiefs in but that's just me.

laxster
07-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Strong homer, and saying the Chiefs will win the AFCW discredits you completely.

Big7Ben86
07-20-2010, 04:39 PM
steelers not making the playoffs but dolphins and chiefs are?

isthisreallife/10

GPx
07-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Stopped reading when I saw the Chiefs.

JohnnyDiablo
07-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Jets are the best team to win the superbowl before the season even starts.

Counting the Pats out huh?

ebongo91
07-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Yah but the Chiefs have absolutely no pass-rush. I'd put the Raiders in b4 i'd put the Chiefs in but that's just me.

dont know if I'd go that far, but yeah forgot about steelers. Pats before cheifs though definitley

quietstormx1
07-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Jets are the best team to win the superbowl before the season even starts.

Counting the Pats out huh?

yup. i think in the division its going to be between the Jets and the Phins

oh and im a Giants fan

Tyler44
07-20-2010, 05:10 PM
steelers not making the playoffs but dolphins and chiefs are?

isthisreallife/10

bungles and ravens will beat up on the stillers this year again.

Bowyermania
07-20-2010, 05:17 PM
JETS FTW

http://images.chron.com/blogs/fanblogtexans/rex-ryan.jpg

TheStack
07-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Chiefs?

http://bestblogever.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/george-bush-laughing.jpg

Huse
07-20-2010, 06:52 PM
lmao at all these retards who think the pats will be 3rd in the division after winning it last year

brb chad henne to brandon marshall making the dolphins better than the pats

lmao u pats haters never cease to amaze me

PatrickBateman1
07-20-2010, 06:56 PM
WTF? So freaking fail. Even though I'm biased, that list just sucks.

Sorry brah.

PatrickBateman1
07-20-2010, 06:57 PM
lmao at all these retards who think the pats will be 3rd in the division after winning it last year

brb chad henne to brandon marshall making the dolphins better than the pats

lmao u pats haters never cease to amaze me

Never gonna stop. Whatever, haters gonna hate.

PatrickBateman1
07-20-2010, 07:01 PM
Even as Pats fan, I understand the Jets pick, they have a lot of talent, but come on man... Texans, Chiefs, and Dolphins? I really like the Texans and hope they make it, but it won't be easy. The Chiefs... lol. And I like the Dolphins because Henne and Long (yes semi-homer), but they don't stand a chance at being better than either the Pats or Jets.

Luno7
07-20-2010, 07:03 PM

NFC
2. Green Bay Packers
3. New Orleans Saints
4. New York Giants
5. Dallas Cowboys
6. San Francisco 49ers

AFC
1. Indianapolis Colts
2. New York Jets
3. Baltimore Ravens
4. Houston Texans
5. Kansas City Chiefs
6. Miami Dolphins

Superbowl XLV

no love for my bears? packers ain't winning shizzzzzzzz son

LostOne287
07-20-2010, 07:04 PM
AFC
1. Indianapolis Colts
4. Houston Texans

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/220779/51505_texans_titans_football.jpg

PatrickBateman1
07-20-2010, 07:06 PM
no love for my bears? packers ain't winning shizzzzzzzz son

Let's be honest, da Bears have really dug themselves into a hole and the Packers and Vikings are the huge favorites in the division. I'd like to see the Bears do well, but they have absolutely no offense at all and their defense has totally fallen off. I wouldn't be shocked if the Lions beat them out for 3rd place in the NFC North (srs).

Huse
07-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Never gonna stop. Whatever, haters gonna hate.

lulz, oh well in before season starts and the excuses start flowing like usual

The_Source
07-20-2010, 07:10 PM
the Chiefs?

http://i26.tinypic.com/2dc7ne1.gif

NoS_oUtLaSt
07-20-2010, 07:11 PM
NFC
1. Packers
2. Falcons
3. Cowboys
4. Niners
5. Vikings
6. Eagles

AFC
1. Ravens
2. Chargers
3. Titans
4. Dolphins
5. Steelers
6. Texans

Superbowl XLV
Ravens vs Falcons

Place your bets now and thank me later

Mac_xX
07-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Chiefs

I like your thinking OP, GJDM.

PatrickBateman1
07-20-2010, 07:16 PM
lulz, oh well in before season starts and the excuses start flowing like usual

"They tried too hard and should have eased up when they were up by 40! Wahhhhh! Wahhhhhh!"

You know what, screw it, I think being the "underdog" and still doing what we've been doing for the last decade would be hilarious.

Luno7
07-20-2010, 07:18 PM
Let's be honest, da Bears have really dug themselves into a hole and the Packers and Vikings are the huge favorites in the division. I'd like to see the Bears do well, but they have absolutely no offense at all and their defense has totally fallen off. I wouldn't be shocked if the Lions beat them out for 3rd place in the NFC North (srs).

i think you're seriously underestimating them. They add to the mix Julius Peppers, a stud D End, get Urlacher back from injury, Briggsy back in the house doing what he does, Rejuvinated and rededicated Tommie Harris. On offense, i still tend to believe that Cutler is wayyyyy better than he showed last year. to that, add Aromashadu for a full year and a Chester Taylor/Matt Forte two headed monster. Gonna be very interesting in the NFC North to say the least.

IawI
07-20-2010, 07:22 PM
NFC

(in no particular order)

1. Saints
2. Vikings
3. Cowboys
4. 49ers
5. Packers
6. Eagles

AFC

1. Colts
2. Dolphins
3. Jets
4. Chargers
5. Ravens
6. Jaguars (strong homer)

Superbowl- Packers vs. Ravens

Huse
07-20-2010, 07:25 PM
"They tried too hard and should have eased up when they were up by 40! Wahhhhh! Wahhhhhh!"

You know what, screw it, I think being the "underdog" and still doing what we've been doing for the last decade would be hilarious.

yeah, the team is going to be so fun to watch on offense and defense

jwest529
07-20-2010, 07:31 PM
AFC west is wide open, heck even the raiders can make it (they have some talent, just crappy coaching)

Patriots defense is both old and/or young, Wes welker is not going to be the same, no matter what reports say

Jets - it all depends on Sanchez

Dolphins - oline is eh, ricky isnt getting younger and ronnie brown can't stay healthy, defense is average, nothing to be excited about

BILLS WIN AFC EAST! (j/K)

dont think Giants make it (either panthers, falcons, eagles)

dont think chiefs/dolphins make it (chargers, broncos, steelers)

lovebbing
07-20-2010, 07:35 PM
lulz jets wont do any better than 11-5.

pats will go at least 12-4 and win division.

superbowl 45 = minnesota and new england

Huse
07-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Patriots defense is both old and/or young, Wes welker is not going to be the same, no matter what reports say

makes no sense, welker u might be right altho i pray ur not

Bowyermania
07-20-2010, 07:38 PM

lulz with no defense, no running game, an aging Tom Brady and receiving core and injured Wes Welker ... pats won't win the division.

Huse
07-20-2010, 07:43 PM
lulz with no defense, no running game, an aging Tom Brady and receiving core and injured Wes Welker ... pats won't win the division.

pats were in the top half of the league in running, third best passing team and a defense ranked 11 that got improved in the offseason with several new draft picks

Bowyermania
07-20-2010, 08:07 PM
pats were in the top half of the league in running, third best passing team and a defense ranked 11 that got improved in the offseason with several new draft picks

Top half? For a playoff contender does that mean something? You have a great passing game but with Welker injured, Brady past his primeand Moss far past his prime things aren't looking up, and draft picks are unproven so you can't account for them till they get on the field and perform.

Huse
07-20-2010, 08:25 PM
Top half? For a playoff contender does that mean something? You have a great passing game but with Welker injured, Brady past his primeand Moss far past his prime things aren't looking up, and draft picks are unproven so you can't account for them till they get on the field and perform.

indy's running game was like last in the league so it didnt seem to hurt them too much

and please, get over this moss and brady past their prime nonsense, we both know brady is capable of having pro bowl numbers this year and moss was 5th in the league in yards and 1st in TDs

ur right about the defense, but its not like they were terrible last year and you can only imagine with so many 1st and 2nd year players last year that they will only improve this year (not even taking into account new blood they got in this years draft)

quietstormx1
07-20-2010, 08:28 PM
dont think Giants make it (either panthers, falcons, eagles)

ill be reality and speak like a sports fan, and not a homer fan.

the redskins scare the shiit out of me. i dont really think the eagles are going to make the playoffs. it MIGHT come down to the wire between the giants and the skins, with the cowboys taking the division.

but lets not tell my fellow giants brethren i said that

lol pats in the superbowl? they got blown out by the ravens in the first quarter last year. what makes you think they can get to the SB?

Bowyermania
07-20-2010, 08:36 PM
indy's running game was like last in the league so it didnt seem to hurt them too much

and please, get over this moss and brady past their prime nonsense, we both know brady is capable of having pro bowl numbers this year and moss was 5th in the league in yards and 1st in TDs

ur right about the defense, but its not like they were terrible last year and you can only imagine with so many 1st and 2nd year players last year that they will only improve this year (not even taking into account new blood they got in this years draft)

Indy has peyton manning.

Moss is headed toward retirement, you can't deny he looked old and tired last year. He is a HOFer but way past his prime. Brady is not superhuman like he was pre-injury. But I will concede that he will still probably be a top 5 qb this year but he is fading.

Other than Mayo and Butler, what shining young guns do you have on the defensive side of the ball. McCourtey might show promise but that is not proven.

Huse
07-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Indy has peyton manning.
oh yeah, the regular season diva who has lost the superbowl as many times as he won it

how could i forget about him

Moss is headed toward retirement, you can't deny he looked old and tired last year. He is a HOFer but way past his prime. Brady is not superhuman like he was pre-injury. But I will concede that he will still probably be a top 5 qb this year but he is fading.
Moss past his prime is still a top #1 WR, im not getting into a brady argument for the millionth time because every season the haters can't embrace the fact that Brady is as good as peyton not to mention has 3x the rings to show it

Other than Mayo and Butler, what shining young guns do you have on the defensive side of the ball. McCourtey might show promise but that is not proven.
merriweather, chung come immediately to mind in the secondary although the other safeties are both 26. all 4 have been in the system together for 1 yr now so there is no reason in hell to believe it wont be better than last year

sure the line is pretty weak, but its in essence the same line as last year except they added 2 vets and got cunningham in the draft who might play OLB im not sure

and next to mayo will probably be spikes too which would be an obvious upgrade over guyton

lovebbing
07-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Indy has peyton manning.

he was just out for a year. hes had another offseason, you cant speak for that yet.... zzzz

DemonDanny
07-20-2010, 09:41 PM
AFC
Colts
Chargers
Ravens
Patriots
Dolphins
Texans

NFC
Saints
Vikings
Cowboys
49ers
Packers
Falcons

in b4 why no Jets. Jets only 9-7 last year, went 2-4 in the division and most of their hype is based on a string of wins in the playoffs last year, in which they could have easily missed. Plus, LT is washed up, Jason Taylor has very little left plus is a injury risk, cromartie is average player at best, santonio holmes = suspended. Gee, those are some awesome additions there. Overrated and I at least gave good reasoning behind the statement.

jawnzer
07-20-2010, 09:44 PM

NFC
2. Green Bay Packers
3. New Orleans Saints
4. New York Giants
5. Dallas Cowboys
6. San Francisco 49ers

AFC
1. Indianapolis Colts
2. New York Jets
3. Baltimore Ravens
4. Houston Texans
5. Kansas City Chiefs
6. Miami Dolphins

Superbowl XLV

Someone will expose Vikings oline like Saints did.

Big7Ben86
07-20-2010, 10:07 PM
brady is not the player he once was. i think it was pretty evident last season

and if the steelers dont make at least second round of playoffs i will take a permaban

Luno7
07-20-2010, 10:37 PM

lol at Saints exposing the Vikes. The Vikings blew that game with all those fumbles and the Saints backed into the superbowl, lets be real.

Mac_xX
07-20-2010, 11:09 PM
lettuce be reality here

OP has the Chiefs ranked too low

quietstormx1
07-20-2010, 11:12 PM

what are you talking about? the vikings lost because AP cant hold onto a ball and favre forgot what team he was on

ty247
07-20-2010, 11:13 PM
oh yeah, the regular season diva who has lost the superbowl as many times as he won it

how could i forget about him

Moss past his prime is still a top #1 WR, im not getting into a brady argument for the millionth time because every season the haters can't embrace the fact that Brady is as good as peyton not to mention has 3x the rings to show it
Brady is not as good as Peyton.. he's very good and is so close to the level of Peyton but he isn't Peyton.. I have no dog in the fight, I'm just stating facts.. Peyton is just on a different level. Moss is still good, but the young cornerbacks of the league are slowly catching up to him..

merriweather, chung come immediately to mind in the secondary although the other safeties are both 26. all 4 have been in the system together for 1 yr now so there is no reason in hell to believe it wont be better than last year
Their corners aren't very good.. and the pass rush isn't very good either, leaving their moderate corners out to dry.. this really exposed New England's defense last year and nothing changed in the off-season

sure the line is pretty weak, but its in essence the same line as last year except they added 2 vets and got cunningham in the draft who might play OLB im not sure
Cunningham is not a difference maker, and won't be in his first year in the league that's for sure.. maybe in a few years he'll be mediocre

and next to mayo will probably be spikes too which would be an obvious upgrade over guyton
Don't put too much stock into Spikes just yet.

With that said, I think they squeak into the playoffs: but don't expect them to be a dominant team.. they've definitely got chinks in their armor

AFC:
Jets
Ravens
Colts
Chargers
Jaguars (my surprise pick, and they still will be blacked out)
Patriots

NFC:
Cowboys
Packers
Cardinals (How can you give it to the Niners so easily with Alex Smith behind center?)
New Orleans
Atlanta
Minnesota

The_Source
07-20-2010, 11:14 PM
My prediction

AFC
N-Ravens
S-Colts
E-Pats
W-Chargers
Wildcard-Jets/Bengals

NFC
N-Vikings
S-Saints
E-Cowboys
W-49ers
Wildcard-Eagles/Falcons

sleet83
12-14-2010, 11:27 AM

NFC
2. Green Bay Packers
3. New Orleans Saints
4. New York Giants
5. Dallas Cowboys
6. San Francisco 49ers

AFC
1. Indianapolis Colts
2. New York Jets
3. Baltimore Ravens
4. Houston Texans
5. Kansas City Chiefs
6. Miami Dolphins

Superbowl XLV

I don't see the Patriots on your list, sir.

pep_meister
12-14-2010, 12:28 PM
good bump.. my superbowl prediction right now is new england/falcons. pats and ravens for the afc

BeanieWells
12-14-2010, 12:32 PM
the Chiefs?

Jester78
12-14-2010, 12:48 PM
yeah minnesotas definitely having a hell of a year

DontRevMe
12-14-2010, 12:56 PM
good bump.. my superbowl prediction right now is new england/falcons. pats and ravens for the afc

huh

RedAuerbach
12-14-2010, 01:00 PM
i luv seein these old threads. they bring lulz at the ops expense

he wasnt even close at all hahahahahhaa. The vikings!!!

quietstormx1
12-14-2010, 01:11 PM
i luv seein these old threads. they bring lulz at the ops expense

he wasnt even close at all hahahahahhaa. The vikings!!!

it's easy to point and laugh now when things stray away, but at the beginning of the season the vikings were a legit threat.

if you looked at their season last year and knew at the start of this season with confidence they would be where they are now, you would be considered delusional.

also, i love how pats fans are bumping old threads. dont get your hopes up too high about them making it to/winning the superbowl. They had a better team in 07 and we know how that ended

lovebbing
12-14-2010, 01:33 PM
it's easy to point and laugh now when things stray away, but at the beginning of the season the vikings were a legit threat.

if you looked at their season last year and knew at the start of this season with confidence they would be where they are now, you would be considered delusional.

also, i love how pats fans are bumping old threads. dont get your hopes up too high about them making it to/winning the superbowl. They had a better team in 07 and we know how that ended

lol "we know how that ended"

if you want to say that the pats are going to lose the superbowl, JUST SAY IT.

I dare you......

pats fans have every right to rub this in, EVERYONE was writing them off. people just want to sound different, act brilliant by predicting someone else. they cant get over the fact that the pats dynasty is still here in full effect.

even if they dont win the superbowl, its amazing what they have done with a young defense and losing randy moss, and brady being suffering two season ending surgeries not that long ago

give credit when credit is due man..... and btw, alot of people think this version of the pats is better than 07. the only reason 2007 ended the way it did, is just because they just so happen to face the most suitable team to beat them in the very last game. ANY other team, and they would be 19-0. the pats had no motivation, it was already their 4th SB in 7 years. the giants wanted it more..... but things are different this time. Tom brady and the rest of the pats want revenge......

LOOOOL

I remember this thread :D

glad somebody bumped it :D

i was wrong about the vikings, but hey, who wasnt?!

brady is not the player he once was. i think it was pretty evident last season

LOOOOOL

I knew it, he throws for almost 30 tds in 2009 in an off year after suffering two season ending surgeries the year before, and thats not good enough for people....

and now #12 = 2010 League MVP

:D

KennyK
12-14-2010, 01:35 PM

NFC
2. Green Bay Packers
3. New Orleans Saints
4. New York Giants
5. Dallas Cowboys
6. San Francisco 49ers

AFC
1. Indianapolis Colts
2. New York Jets
3. Baltimore Ravens
4. Houston Texans
5. Kansas City Chiefs
6. Miami Dolphins

Superbowl XLV

strong 2/12

Cinderblock
12-14-2010, 01:36 PM
I don't think anyone expected the Vikings/Cowboys/49ers to be so sh!tty. But the Pats didn't even make the playoffs? c'mon son.

quietstormx1
12-14-2010, 04:41 PM
lol "we know how that ended"

if you want to say that the pats are going to lose the superbowl, JUST SAY IT.

I dare you......

pats fans have every right to rub this in, EVERYONE was writing them off. people just want to sound different, act brilliant by predicting someone else. they cant get over the fact that the pats dynasty is still here in full effect.

even if they dont win the superbowl, its amazing what they have done with a young defense and losing randy moss, and brady being suffering two season ending surgeries not that long ago

give credit when credit is due man..... and btw, alot of people think this version of the pats is better than 07. the only reason 2007 ended the way it did, is just because they just so happen to face the most suitable team to beat them in the very last game. ANY other team, and they would be 19-0. the pats had no motivation, it was already their 4th SB in 7 years. the giants wanted it more..... but things are different this time. Tom brady and the rest of the pats want revenge......

Do I think the Pats would lose in the Superbowl? No
Do I think the Pats would win in the Superbowl? No

I can't answer that question because IF they did go to the Superbowl, we wouldn't know who their opponent would be.

In 07, the Pats could've beaten anybody in the NFL, not just out of the 16 teams they played. Anybody. However, like you said, they faced a team that was equipped enough and had the right weapons to beat them.

That could very well happen again. That's my point. You can't just simply assume they are going to win the Superbowl. ESPECIALLY if you are a Pats fan, after what happened in 07. You can't assume anything any more.

And to say the dynasty is still intact? lol what? How many players on the current roster are left over from the team that won 3 out of 4 years? Tom Brady and Deion Branch? Who else? Is the dynasty still intact? Hell no. Could they start a NEW dynasty? They very well could.

I wasn't taking anything away from the Pats. When I made this thread, things weren't looking good for them. They looked far better for the Jets than they did for the Pats. The only people who can deny that are people like you, homers, that's about it. Any other sports fan would've said that the division title was up in the air, and wasn't looking good for the Pats. But I do give them A LOT of credit. I think Danny Woodhead and Peyton Hillis are both the story of the NFL this year, long with Vick and one or two others. And I most certainly wouldn't want to face the Pats in the post-season.

Unless I was the Giants :D

pkahnman
12-14-2010, 05:01 PM
lol

cchar042
12-14-2010, 05:14 PM
the redskins scare the shiit out of me. i dont really think the eagles are going to make the playoffs. it MIGHT come down to the wire between the giants and the skins, with the cowboys taking the division.

I think this was my fav post in the thread. You totally hit it out of the park with that prediction.

You:
1. Cowboys
2. Redskins
3. Giants
4. Eagles

Reality:
1. Eagles
2. Giants
3. Redskins
4. Cowboys

Strong 0/4