PDA

View Full Version : ScottC's Journey on Michael Elias' Team Torture

Pages : [1] 2 3

ScottC
01-29-2007, 04:48 AM
Today I am starting my first 12 weeks as a member of Michael Elias' Team Torture. I received my plan on Saturday, and I am so psyched to take the next step in reaching my goals. I am very grateful for the chance to have Michael design the program to do it.

I have taken my initial measurements, some of which are available in my BodySpace area. Michael has some measurments taken relaxed and flexed, so not all measurements are available for viewing (relaxed ones in BodySpace). My starting weight is currently 204. I am having my BF% done at the gym this morning, so I will update that later today.

For now...that is all. After my BF test, I start on my first workout. Will post today's exercises & diet later.

Thanks for reading...:)

...please feel free to post comments/thoughts/etc.

ScottC
01-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Body fat testing 101: It has been spoken about many times on this site, that caliper testing is only as good as the tester. Well, today I got a lesson on that first hand. When I first joined my gym I had my BF tested by the owner/trainer who has tested lost of people. My BF% at that time was 23.8%. In November I had my BF tested by someone who was a former female bodybuilder with lots of BB/weights experience, but maybe had not done a lot of caliper tests. She had my BF at 19.3%. I was psyched at that time.

As I saw many posts here to guess people's BF%, I figured my Nov. test might not be right as some of the people looked smaller than me but with higher BF guesstimates, but knowing I was going to be re-tested at the end of January, I dismissed it. Well, today I had my BF tested again by the owner/trainer, and was told it was 25%. :eek: To say I was disappointed is an understatement, but I realized I wasn't practicing what I preach on these boards. I would only keep track of my calories for a week here and a week there, and guesstimate the rest based on those weeks of "experience." I, also, wasn't very good at keeping myself under cals sometimes thinking I could eat more healthy food. Another thing I did, which is not recommended, is having more than one cheat meal a week. Since I was holding my own weight-wise, I didn't pay attention to myself.

Well, that was a lesson learned and another reason why I hired Michael Elias to formulate a plan for me...I need the discipline, which his plan instills. He forumulates not only a meal plan, but tells me when to eat it. So, even though I had a minor setback, it gives me a starting point as I buckle down on the next phase of my body transformation.

More to come...

skibbi9
01-29-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm in like flynn, subscribed

Rocksmtu
01-29-2007, 01:22 PM
Hey man I am excited for you, and am eager to see your progress.

Good luck

Did you get that dump of snow you were hoping for?

EME
01-29-2007, 02:24 PM
Welcome to Team Torture Scott!

I'm looking forward to helping you reach your goals and following your log as you get there!

- Michael ( EME )

ScottC
01-29-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm in like flynn, subscribed
Hey skibbi, Thanks for stopping by!

:)

ScottC
01-29-2007, 02:55 PM
Hey man I am excited for you, and am eager to see your progress.

Good luck

Did you get that dump of snow you were hoping for?
Thanks for the best wishes & for stopping by Rock!

It is currently snowing very heavy here. We are getting 1"-2" an hour right now. It started a few hours ago. When I picked my son up from school there was an easy 4" of fresh snow. My wife is unhappy. She works in Jenison on Mondays and Fridays. On a clear day it is a 45 minute drive.

ScottC
01-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Getting back into a strict eating schedule is rough after eating a few more calories than I should have been. I am a little hungry now, but that is to be expected. When I started losing weight back in April 2006, I was eating huge portions, so I was a bit hungry when I ate normal portions again. This will pass in a day or two...or three. ;)

Since I am a lazy typist, I am going to post my calories and macros for each day. If anyone has specific questions about anything, just ask, and I will try to answer it.

Todays calories & macros are as follows:

Protein: 278g
Carbs: 224g
Fat: 67g
Calories: 2615

43%protein/34%carbs/23%fats

ScottC
01-29-2007, 05:31 PM
Today wasn't just a start of eating better, I started a new lifting plan, a four day split with today being Chest, Shoulders, and Abs. I was having a good workout when a guy wanted to talk, and I was the only one around. Seemed like everytime I completed a set he was there. Nice enough guy, but I like to lift and get going. My workout took a while longer this morning because of it. But he is always in the free weight area, which is nice if I need a quick boost on the last rep.

When I was done and it was time to do my cardio I had to ask for help from the owner again. She seemed utterly amazed I did not know how to work the treadmill. She just had this look on her face that said, 'you're not serious, are you?" I have always either used eith the stationary bikes or the eliptical. I am not a big walking fan, but it is what Michael is having me do...so I am using the treadmill. Now, I need some ear buds so I can watch TV with everyone else. ;)

jk21
01-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Subscribed and goodluck! :D

ScottC
01-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Subscribed and goodluck! :D
Thanks for the wishes & Thanks for stopping by! :)

How's the Keto treating you?

Mr13percent
01-29-2007, 05:50 PM
When I was done and it was time to do my cardio I had to ask for help from the owner again. She seemed utterly amazed I did not know how to work the treadmill. She just had this look on her face that said, 'you're not serious, are you?" I have always either used eith the stationary bikes or the eliptical. I am not a big walking fan, but it is what Michael is having me do...so I am using the treadmill. Now, I need some ear buds so I can watch TV with everyone else. ;)
Lol don't feel bad man. When I use to work at Ballys (in the store), the trainers always use to come and talk to me about how they had to show people how to work the treadmills. At least you aren't fighting over them, use to happen at Ballys all the time LOL! Best of luck with the new routine.

jk21
01-29-2007, 06:07 PM
Not working too well actually, never thought I'd miss oats as much as I do lol :P

ScottC
01-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Lol don't feel bad man. When I use to work at Ballys (in the store), the trainers always use to come and talk to me about how they had to show people how to work the treadmills. At least you aren't fighting over them, use to happen at Ballys all the time LOL! Best of luck with the new routine.
Thanks.

I worked PT at Bally's many moons ago in membership sales. Man, did I hate the high pressure sales they expected. I won't rant about them. :D

I think I surprised the owner because I have a pretty thorough knowledge of how all the equipment works...except for the machine just about everybody but me has used (until today). ;)

ScottC
01-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Not working too well actually, never thought I'd miss oats as much as I do lol :P
Are you dreaming of oats? ;)

I have not researched keto for bodybuilding that much. The topic isn't very pleasing to me since my son has tried a keto diet to control his seizures a couple of times...and failed both times. He couldn't adapt to the increasing ratio of fat. He would get so hungry he would beg for crackers which he couldn't have...rather sad.

mwallace29
01-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Hey Scott ~ just wanted to say HI! I know you will do GREAT!

ScottC
01-29-2007, 06:22 PM
Hey Scott ~ just wanted to say HI! I know you will do GREAT!
Thank you, mwallace. I appreciate your thoughts!

How is your new program doing?

JaeGee
01-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Damn I told you to drop me a line when you get it up and running, and I was serious lol. Luckily I stumbled across it today before it soared into 5 pages that I would have to read through :)

Good luck man! *subscribed*

ScottC
01-30-2007, 04:08 AM
Damn I told you to drop me a line when you get it up and running, and I was serious lol. Luckily I stumbled across it today before it soared into 5 pages that I would have to read through :)

Good luck man! *subscribed*
LOL! Thanks JaeGee. I was planning on posting in your journal, but was sidetracked being the first day of posting. Remembering to put the numbers in the BodySpace area, another blog entry, blah, etc...:D

I apologize...but glad you found it.

ScottC
01-30-2007, 04:16 AM
Started off today by cleaning off the cars from the snow we received overnight, another couple of inches. Of course, it wasn't snowing then, but it is now and I will need to do it again. Does cleaning snow off cars before eating count as fasted cardio?

Feeling a little sore from yesterdays chest, shoulders, & abs workout. Definately felling it in the chest. Didn't think I worked my abs too much yesterday until I had a small cough...then I felt some soreness beneath that fat. :D

I enjoy the soreness which comes form working out. Feels like progress.

Back day today. Time to eat. More later...

skibbi9
01-30-2007, 05:45 AM
well, sounds like a good day one, personally my legs are dying today. I felt like a cripple getting out of the shower.

ScottC
01-30-2007, 05:54 AM
well, sounds like a good day one, personally my legs are dying today. I felt like a cripple getting out of the shower.
I am dreading my first leg day on Thursday. Well, maybe not, but come Friday, I may need to borrow your walker. ;)

SteR-
01-30-2007, 05:57 AM
goooooood luck! what's your target weight/bodyfat?

Rocksmtu
01-30-2007, 07:01 AM
Man this thread as rocketed.....

Thts cool you are getting so much snow. Now you can get some use out of those snow shoes. Assuming that you can walk after leg day.

Hey does Micheal give you a general meal plan to follow or does he create a menu for you?

I am starting to think that I might need some professional help. I will closely be watching your thread to see how you respond to Michael's tactics.

ScottC
01-30-2007, 09:08 AM
goooooood luck! what's your target weight/bodyfat?
Not 100% sure in that sense. I want to cut through the summer, possibly 180lbs and 10-12% and then bulk in the fall. But we'll see where life leads. If I get to a point where Michael & I think is a good time to gain size, then I will start earlier.

Thanks for stopping by and the good wishes.

ScottC
01-30-2007, 09:14 AM
Thts cool you are getting so much snow. Now you can get some use out of those snow shoes. Assuming that you can walk after leg day.

Hey does Micheal give you a general meal plan to follow or does he create a menu for you?
Yes, I think tomorrow, being a cardio only day will be a good time to get on the snowshoes. I have to complete my assigned cardio time first, then it will be play time.

Michael creates a menu and assigns time to eat it based on the schedule of your day. I can alter some meals as long as I keep the macros/calories close. So, if I don't want salmon, I can substitute another fish or protein.

Reminds me, I am short of time now. Just got back from working out and I have to hit the grocery store.

More later on todays workout...

ScottC
01-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Today's workout went well, but had the usual first week learning curve. It took me a few tries to find the proper weight dumbell for the reps on the dumbell row exercise. The rest of the back exercises went fairly smoothly as far as finding the correct weights. When starting my first warm up set for my back, I definately felt it in my pecs as I stretched my chest too.

Cardio was good as cardio can be. It will be better tomorrow as I bought some ear buds today, so now I can listen to the cable channels the treadmills get. Should make the time go by quicker. I found it is more difficult to read on the treadmill than on the bikes.

Now for today's macros & calories:
Protein: 271g
Carbs: 224g
Fats: 74g
Calories for day: 2657

Macros: 41% protein/34% carbs/25% fats

Saltydogg87
01-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Cool thread, I'm subscribed. I've been wanting to start a 12 wk plan with Michael also. I am on a bulking EVO stack right now, and would like to do a recomp after so I'll be watching this. Good luck and I hope you hit your goals.

ScottC
01-30-2007, 03:50 PM
Cool thread, I'm subscribed. I've been wanting to start a 12 wk plan with Michael also. I am on a bulking EVO stack right now, and would like to do a recomp after so I'll be watching this. Good luck and I hope you hit your goals.
Thanks for stopping by & the good wishes.

I can't say enough good things about the program Michael has set up for me. I know it may be early in the program, but based on other's results/progress, I am very excited by things so far.

miss_carrie
01-30-2007, 05:37 PM
hi scott! i kept meaning to post in here but havent been able to (i am trying to not post on bb.com anymore from work... although i have been lurking ;)) good luck on your new program!! :)

JaeGee
01-30-2007, 10:52 PM
nice split on your nutrients and calorie intake!

are you going to be posting your workouts too? be prepared to have a sore back tomorrow. :-)

lol i cant wait til friday your legs are probably going to be hurting for atleast 4 days.

ScottC
01-31-2007, 04:21 AM
hi scott! i kept meaning to post in here but havent been able to (i am trying to not post on bb.com anymore from work... although i have been lurking ;)) good luck on your new program!! :)
Thank you miss carrie. Glad you stopped by! :)

ScottC
01-31-2007, 04:27 AM
nice split on your nutrients and calorie intake!

are you going to be posting your workouts too? be prepared to have a sore back tomorrow. :-)

lol i cant wait til friday your legs are probably going to be hurting for atleast 4 days.
Once I get my workout set up (weights in place), I will post highlights of the days lifting. Kind of like posting my diet, I will post anything special as I discover new recipes for my meals. I

My back isn't really sore...I never have, unless it is the outer portion of my lats. So far, back is good...still feeling it in my chest.

Yes, Friday and the weekend ought to be interesting on my legs. I will probably roll out of bed. :D

nithos
01-31-2007, 06:47 AM
I realized I wasn't practicing what I preach on these boards.
I fall victim to the "Do as I say, not as I do." issue every now and then as well.

Good luck.

ScottC
01-31-2007, 12:04 PM
I fall victim to the "Do as I say, not as I do." issue every now and then as well.

Good luck.
Thanks nithos. Thanks for stopping by and reading.

Today was a cardio only day today. Hit the treadmill for another 30 minutes this morning. I got to use my earbuds for the first time, so I was able to watch and listen to ESPN2's Mike & Mike in the Morning. I hadn't listened to any Super Bowl analysis up to today, so I guess it was time to start.

As I was preparing my workout log book for tomorrow's leg day exercises, I really looked over what & how I was supposed to do the exercises for my workout...and I am scared. I believe tomorrow I will experience the start of the torture in Team Torture. I am not sure how I am going to stand up for Fridays biceps & triceps workout. Michael must have extreme confidence in my abilty to stand up afterwards, as I have cardio when I finish.

Here are today's macros & calories:
Protein: 289g
Carbs: 221g
Fats: 69g
Calories: 2663

Macros:43% protein/33% carbs/23% fats

ScottC
01-31-2007, 05:38 PM
Just finished a little surf & turf, chicken & shrimp along with a few veggies, for meal 5. Meal 3 today was good because I had some whole wheat pasta which I had never had before. Pretty delicious. Starting to get little ideas on how to add additional flavor with spices, etc. I will say I am a little hungry still, but I believe that is getting used to eating the correct amount of food/cals again.

Going to take it easy the rest of the evening, since I have leg day tomorrow.

Almost forgot...my new supps arrived today! I will post up my supps list tomorrow or Friday. After reading heathershubby thread and seeing some of the comments there, I am going to post this up: Yes, Michael did suggest supps to me from **** as well as supps that were not. I was told I did not have to use any supps, if I did not want to. ANY & ALL DECISIONS CONCERNING SUPPLEMENTS WERE MINE & MINE ALONE. I post this to "nip in the bud" any posts suggesting Michael made me use supps from any company he may represent. Thank you for your time on this matter.

JaeGee
01-31-2007, 10:00 PM
lol thats a bit ridiculous, people were giving them a hard time about supps? i guess people find the little things to bitch about just for the sake of it :-/

and did i read that correctly? you have to do cardio after your leg workout? or is that the next day? if its the day of there isnt anything wrong with that. its just a bit cruel lol.

keep up the good work!

ScottC
02-01-2007, 04:19 AM
and did i read that correctly? you have to do cardio after your leg workout? or is that the next day? if its the day of there isnt anything wrong with that. its just a bit cruel lol.

keep up the good work!
Yes, I have 30 minutes of cardio afterwards...and I have to do so again tomorrow, and the next day. :eek: ;)

Rocksmtu
02-01-2007, 06:28 AM
I dont know whats worse walking on the DREADmill for 30minutes of Listening to Mike&Mike :) I'm not a fan of those guys.....

I didnt know that Michael was so evil harted by making you do cardio after doing legs. Well I'm sure there is a method to his maddness. You might have to put the snowshoeing on hold for a ffew days. What is the leg day routine look like? I guess it didnt get the name "Team Torture" for nothing.

cfh1973
02-01-2007, 06:36 AM
Hey Scott, looks like everything is going good in here. I just stumbled across your journal and thought I would keep an eye on your progress. *subsribed*

Hey Jae, seems we are showing up in all the same places anymore.

ScottC
02-01-2007, 02:52 PM
I dont know whats worse walking on the DREADmill for 30minutes of Listening to Mike&Mike :) I'm not a fan of those guys.....
LOL! I wasn't at first either, but they kind of grew on me. For a while I watched/listened to them all the time.

I am stopping watching any more SB analysis...all anyone does is ask the same questions of different people. :mad:

ScottC
02-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Hey Scott, looks like everything is going good in here. I just stumbled across your journal and thought I would keep an eye on your progress. *subsribed*

Thanks for stopping by and saying HI. Look forward to your thoughts.

ScottC
02-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Well, today was the dreaded legs day. I may be dreading tomorrw more, but I will see when I wake up how I feel.

Anyways, I'm glad it was snowing out today, because my quads were on fire during leg extensions and the snow cooled the burn. By the time I finished the leg curls I was doing better...so I thought. I went to the seated calf extension machine and it was almost impossible for me to lift my leg up and over a 2" bar! :eek: I wasn't sure how I was going to do the treadmill for 30 minutes, but I made it. Although, I did go a little slower than the last couple of days (but still in my "speed limit" Michael!), I managed to get done with the treadmill without much pain. I think it is the calm before the real pain arrives.

I have to cut my daily post short today. I have to fire up the grill soon and eat an early meal #5 as I have a meeting tonight. My son's dinner is almost ready now, so he eats first. More tomorrow...

JaeGee
02-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Hey Jae, seems we are showing up in all the same places anymore.

damn stalkers! :-)

glad you survived the first leg workout scott. now prepare for the week long struggle of walking lol.

ScottC
02-02-2007, 04:55 AM
The legs, they not too bad this morning. Actually, they are much better than I thought they would be...but I am feeling more soreness creep in since I got up (which I find odd). Last night, after my meeting, I felt it more in my upper hamstrings and glutes. This morning is in the quads. But it is all good, since I really enjoyed yesterday's workout.

Today is biceps, triceps, and abs. This will wrap up my first week of lifting and finding the weights needed for my reps per set, so next weeks lifting should be a bit more intense. Of course, I have more cardio today and tomorrow. I might be unintentionally getting a bunch of extra cardio as we are under a Winter Storm Watch through Sunday. The meteorologists are predicting between 8"-12" with high winds creating blizzard like conditions & -10 to -20 degree below zero windchills . So, I may be snowshoeing to the store for groceries. I love winter, so at very least, I will take a walk sometime Saturday afternoon, after my cardio...of course! ;)

One thing I haven't mentioned this week is weight loss. I started at 204, and yes, there has been some weight loss this week, so far...:) , but I will post my "starting weight for the week" on Monday. I am sure some of the weight lost this week was water weight and hopefully a tiny bit was fat. All is contingent on...\/ \/ \/

Today is my "high calorie" day, and the day Michael recommends I have one cheat meal, if desired (and I do). I haven't fully decided yet what to have, but (as I posted somewhere), since I will be eating on plan during Super Bowl Sunday, I may have buffalo wings for my cheat. My wife is talking pizza, and I thought of mexican too, so we shall see. Will post it tomorrow.

More later after my workout...

ScottC
02-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Todays lifting was just like most of the others this week: good, but not as intense as it could have been, since I was getting my weights set. Now, I should be all set to go at it hard next week. Cardio was cardio (do the work & sweat), not much to say about it. I did get to watch a cool show on Super Ships and saw a cool catamaran ferry which runs from Maine to Canada. Pretty sweet. I was in boating as a profession for 18 years (including commercial work), so I am kind of into ships. Made the 30 minutes go by fast.

I have been eating on plan all week, and out of all the options in my above post for my cheat meal, I think we are having pizza tonight. The pizza place is close and the weather changes by the minute right now. One minute it is a white out and the next clear. We are under a Winter Storm Warning now until tomorrow night. The meal I was supposed to have was top sirloin & baked potato with FF sour cream. Sounds great! I may forgo my cheat meal next week and eat my plan dinner. But tonight...pizza it will be.

My macros & calories for today are: 41% protein/36% carbs/23% fat for 3002 calories. Of course, it won't be exact tonight. ;)

cfh1973
02-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Enjoy your pizza...

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p185/melbne/novemberdiapersetc039.jpg

ScottC
02-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Enjoy your pizza...
Thanks...I did! :D

Tomorrow is a cardio only day. I think I will try the treadmill in our apartment complex tomorrow. A very short walk will be better that a windy, snowy car ride to the gym. Since there is no school for my son, I hope all of us can sleep in tomorrow morning. I could use a little extra rest to help my recovery. My legs are a bit tender...LOL. I didn't feel it too much before, but my son climbed into my lap to play computer games, and boy, could I feel it then!

Have a good Friday evening!

JaeGee
02-02-2007, 06:39 PM
glad you enjoyed the pizza. i want some damn pizza!

and i know how you feel about the legs. just an fyi...i always get the worst case of soreness 2 to 3 days after the leg workout. :-) have fun!

wish it snowed here :-(

EME
02-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Hey Scott, just checking in to say Great job on your first week!

Keep up the great work!

- EME

ScottC
02-03-2007, 06:23 AM
Hey Scott, just checking in to say Great job on your first week!

Keep up the great work!

- EME
Thanks Michael. :)

We are under a Blizzard Warning now...:eek: Luckily, my snowshoes are in the car if I need them. I might head out after my cardio session to explore. Although, we'll see what the wind chills are later this afternoon. Might be better just to relax and watch the snow fall form the wartmth of my apartment.

More later...time for meal #1 and the morning paper.

ScottC
02-03-2007, 02:17 PM
I am finished with all planned exercies for the week. Did my cardio this afternoon and spent some time outside cleaning the cars and doing a bit of shoveling. It is cold outside...windchill -11 below zero. The combination cold and cardio has zapped me right now. I felt great doing the treadmill today, like I could have gone another 30...but I am glad I didn't. ;)

Going to take it easy and enjoy my rest until Monday when I start week 2.

I will post weekly macro averages and supplement list either later today, or, more likely, tomorrow.

Staberella
02-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Bookmarked. :)

ScottC
02-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Bookmarked. :)
Cool...thanks. I look forward to your thoughts.

REST DAY TODAY!!!

My weekly Macro and calorie averages for the week are as follows:
Protein: 44%
Carbs: 33%
Fats: 23%
Calories: 2608

Supplements being used:
Multi-vitamin: AST's Pro32X
Joint Stuff: Joint Boost with MSM
During Workout: Scivation XTEND
PWO: **** Regeneration-X
Whey: ON 100% Gold Standard
At bedtime: Muscle Milk

I am looking forward to Week 2 starting tomorrow!

ScottC
02-05-2007, 05:45 AM
Alright, today is the first day of week 2 on Michael Elias' Team Torture. I have had to mix things up already today since my son is off of school. We are having extremely cold windchills of -10 to -20 below zero, and about every school in western Michigan is closed. I will have to lift tonight, so I am mixing up my meal plan for today so I will get my carbs later today.

Now, for the news...weight/fat loss. My starting weight last week was 204lbs., this morning my starting weight for week 2 was: 200.2; a 3.8lb loss. This is not what is expected each week, but is probably correct for week one as I had some water weight in there along with our target loss of 1.5lbs per week.

I am excited because, if all goes as planned, I should break the 200lb mark this week for the first time in many, many moons! :)

More later...

dads01dream
02-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Hey,

I'm subscribing and look forward to your results.... Keep learning and sharing your experiences for us, we're all here to support your efforts!

Any chance we'll see some progress pictures? I know they're the toughest things to post up, but invaluable with helping to see your progress, rather than just some numbers on a screen. Just a thought.

Take care & wish ya the best on your new program!!! :)

ScottC
02-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Hey,

I'm subscribing and look forward to your results.... Keep learning and sharing your experiences for us, we're all here to support your efforts!

Any chance we'll see some progress pictures? I know they're the toughest things to post up, but invaluable with helping to see your progress, rather than just some numbers on a screen. Just a thought.

Take care & wish ya the best on your new program!!! :)
Thanks dads! :) Yes, there will be pics. I have a couple from November I may put up. They are pretty close to where I was starting a week ago....sorry to say, but that is why I am doing this, to finally take the next step.

Waiting for my wife to get home so I can hit the gym. Post workout results tomorrow...

JaeGee
02-05-2007, 04:51 PM
congrats on the fat loss scott! you deserve it for sticking to your plan so religiously. are you also going to be tracking bf% or is that going to be like a monthly thing?

cfh1973
02-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Great work man. You are on your way and keep up that dedication.

Stuckniraq
02-06-2007, 06:00 AM
Good Job on Week one and good luck on week two.... Damn that pizza looked good!!!!

ScottC
02-06-2007, 06:34 AM
congrats on the fat loss scott! you deserve it for sticking to your plan so religiously. are you also going to be tracking bf% or is that going to be like a monthly thing?

Great work man. You are on your way and keep up that dedication.

Good Job on Week one and good luck on week two.... Damn that pizza looked good!!!!
Thanks for the Congrats everyone. :) It is following the plan one day at a time that leads to having a good week...

...that said, I was more than a little bummed at having to workout at night last night. Got my lifting in (chest/shoulders/abs), but all the treadmills were being used when I finished and I couldn't wait around for one to open, since I was on a tight time schedule (waiting for equipment didn't help any either). I figured I would make up the missed session by doing cardio twice today, but my son's school is closed again due to the sub-zero windchills...and the roads are in awful shape since it is too cold to use salt. So, once again, I will have to lift again tonight. Shouldn't be too bad as it is Back day today. I will get on the treadmill tonight, even if I have to leave the gym and use the one in my apartment complex. It is also another day of modifying my diet plan to fit my workout schedule...a lot easier since i did it yesterday.

JaeGee: I am taking measurements once a month, but caliper tests are my option. When I did the last caliper test, she said to check again in 6 weeks, but I may do it every month to correspond with the measurements.

cfh1973
02-06-2007, 07:28 AM
Good luck with the back w/o. It must suck having to wait on equipment all the time. That is one of the reasons I don't join a gym. I have limited equipment at home but I never have to wait on anything. I have all I need to get a full body w/o though.

ScottC
02-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Good luck with the back w/o. It must suck having to wait on equipment all the time. That is one of the reasons I don't join a gym. I have limited equipment at home but I never have to wait on anything. I have all I need to get a full body w/o though.
Only piece I almost ever have to wait on is the Smith Machine, for lifting. The treadmills are more in use right now as the gym is having some distance contest. People who enter have to have their distance logged by staff. It is almost never a problem during the day. I only hope I can get to the gym earlier than I did last night. If the TMs are full when I get done lifting, then I can lurk like a vulture around the TMs until someone gets off, then pounce! :D

JaeGee
02-06-2007, 06:54 PM
ask the dudes on the smith machine if you can work in. if they say no ask them how long they are going to be. if you act intimidating enough they will almost always finish in less than 2 minutes. or they will let you work in with you.

if that doesn't work, punch them in the face!

ScottC
02-07-2007, 04:57 AM
ask the dudes on the smith machine if you can work in. if they say no ask them how long they are going to be. if you act intimidating enough they will almost always finish in less than 2 minutes. or they will let you work in with you.

if that doesn't work, punch them in the face!
LOL! I'll just tell them "I will let JaeGee know you won't let me use the SM"...that should scare them! :D

Seriously, I speak with them and let them know I would like to use it. Depending on what they are doing (and how many plates have to be switched around), I will ask to work in. My son is back to school today, on cardio only day of course, so I am back to lifting during the days.

Last nights workout was back/abs. Tuesday nights, I have noticed from doing cardio on Tuesday nights prior to my new plan, is the night when the people who compete workout. A couple of ladies around my age who compete are there (easy on the eyes, especially the redhead), and this one pro guy. I had a chance to talk with the pro and asked him to critique my Barbell Row form since I was not sure I was doing it correctly (it had been some time since doing it prior to last week). It was nice to have him tell me I was doing it "perfectly." I hope my form was still good with weights on, and not only the bar. I'm sure it was fine because he was using the SM nearby and was watching as he supersetted between flat flys and incline presses on the SM. It had to be a pretty good back workout since I am feeling it in my biceps this morning...kind of rare for me.

It felt good to get back on the treadmill (can't believe I wrote that) since I missed on Monday. Today is a Cardio Only day, so I will hit the TM for 30 minutes after I drop my son off at school. I am excited to be back on "days" again. Now, I can follow my diet plan without swapping meals around. I better pull some chix breast out of the freezer for my 1:30p.m. meal. Now that the strong winds have died down, I can get outside and use the grill again. Just too windy and snowy to fire it up before and cook up a couple of pounds of breasts last Sunday.

More later...

ScottC
02-07-2007, 02:51 PM
As I stated above, today was a Cardio Only day today. It felt good to hit the gym in the morning again, but this morning when I looked over the weights area I almost cried....there was nobody on any piece of equipment or using any free weights. After waiting in line or rushing to get dumbells the previous two nights, I could have set up everything I needed for weights and gone from one exercise to another...but I was only doing the treadmill.

...at least tomorrow is Leg Day and most people avoid the leg press, so all will be good.

Not too much else to report today. I must be sick because I am looking forward to leg day. We'll see how I feel about it tomorrow afternoon. ;)

dads01dream
02-08-2007, 08:17 AM
It's nice to read of your enthusiasm for your training sessions, you're on a great roll now! This week has been a pretty good one for me too, can't wait for this evening's w/o.

Now if I could just get me eating under better control!!! :(

JaeGee
02-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Ohhhhh the joys of the public gym :)

I hope the cardio session was good atleast. And I know how you feel I hate when I miss a morning workout and dread the evening I am going to have going to the gym with 1003902394290482 other people all in the weight room. And the 6 people all using the squat racks for bicep exercises lol.

Hope the legs were good to you today!

ScottC
02-08-2007, 12:13 PM
It's nice to read of your enthusiasm for your training sessions, you're on a great roll now! This week has been a pretty good one for me too, can't wait for this evening's w/o.

Now if I could just get me eating under better control!!! :(
Thanks dads. Eating good is tough after being bad again. I know...but after a week of being strict, it gets much easier. I just take it a day at a time until I get my cheat meal reward. ;)

Ohhhhh the joys of the public gym :)

I hope the cardio session was good atleast. And I know how you feel I hate when I miss a morning workout and dread the evening I am going to have going to the gym with 1003902394290482 other people all in the weight room. And the 6 people all using the squat racks for bicep exercises lol.

Hope the legs were good to you today!
Yes, that cardio session was good. I chose a TM looking out the window so I couldn't see the empty workout area. :p

Legs were a killer again...but I was pretty psyched as I went up at least one rep per set on all exercises but one. The only exercise that didn't happen on was seated calf extensions, but that is because I went up in weight to 320lbs to make my minimum reps. It was another leg day of barely being able to lift the legs to get on the calf extension machine...crazy!

Cardio was a bear today. I was kind of tired when I got to the gym due to not getting enough sleep. My son has this rare type of epilepsy and I sleep in his room in case of seizures in the middle of the night. Well, he had a seizure around 6:30p.m. and fell asleep shortly afterwards. In the past, that has usually meant a 4:00a.m. wake up call. At 4:15a.m. he got up and called for me, guess he didn't see me, anyways when he knew I was there he went restlessly back to sleep...and so did I. I was half sleeping to listen to his breathing. Anyways....by minute 18 on the treadmill, I was tired and wanted to stop after 20 minutes, but did finish my 30 minutes. Now, though, I am exhausted but I have a church meeting tonight at my Bishop's house, so hopefully my son will be tired enough when I get home to only read one book and then sleep.

I am going to get the mail to get a breath of cold air and wake me up some...more later, or tomorrow.

EME
02-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Hey Scott,

Good job getting the 30 mintues in despite being tired.
I hope you are making it through the snow.

The last of the snow in our yard finally melted yesterday. We had a really bad ice/snow storm about 3 weeks ago. Cold today, but no winter weather thankfully.

Keep up the great work!

- Michael ( EME )

ScottC
02-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Hey Scott,

Good job getting the 30 mintues in despite being tired.
I hope you are making it through the snow.

The last of the snow in our yard finally melted yesterday. We had a really bad ice/snow storm about 3 weeks ago. Cold today, but no winter weather thankfully.

Keep up the great work!

- Michael ( EME )
Thanks Michael!

We are a long way from snow melt. It is only 19 with a windchill of 5 above zero.

I will email you tomorrow to check in and discuss any questions I have. :)

JaeGee
02-08-2007, 03:26 PM
good work on the legs scott! and nice work and determination on carrying through on the other 10 min of cardio. it shows alot to how much you really want to transform yourself.

keep it up!

Rocksmtu
02-08-2007, 03:33 PM
...at least tomorrow is Leg Day and most people avoid the leg press, so all will be good.

What !?! No squats?

ScottC
02-08-2007, 04:04 PM
What !?! No squats?
Not during this 12 weeks....

dads01dream
02-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Scott great job sticking to it with cardio! I love reading your trainer's comments throughout your journal...... BIG brother is watching!!! :)

I hear ya about the eating habits, I just need about 2 weeks back to back WITHOUT some party, gathering, or travel to keep me on the straight & narrow. Plus, it's hard to get siked with it being sooo cold, but Spring is just around the corner!

Hope you have a better night's sleep!

ScottC
02-09-2007, 04:30 AM
I hear ya about the eating habits, I just need about 2 weeks back to back WITHOUT some party, gathering, or travel to keep me on the straight & narrow. Plus, it's hard to get siked with it being sooo cold, but Spring is just around the corner!
I need to be in a hardcore mindset in a few weeks. My son has an appoinment with his epileptologist in Chicago and we stay at my mom's house. In the past I have hit the local hot dog place once or twice during my visits. :D

ScottC
02-09-2007, 04:32 AM
good work on the legs scott! and nice work and determination on carrying through on the other 10 min of cardio. it shows alot to how much you really want to transform yourself.

keep it up!
Thanks JaeGee!

Today is Arms/Abs day along with cardio afterwards. Will post an update later...

cfh1973
02-09-2007, 07:23 AM
Today is Arms/Abs day along with cardio afterwards. Will post an update later...

Lookin' forward to it...

ScottC
02-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Very interesting day at the gym today. On a couple of exercises for arms, one bicep & one tricep, I lowered my weight by 5lbs on the dumbells. The reason for doing so was not that I couldn't handle the weight, but I wasn't doing it properly enough at the higher weight to get the benefits.

I noticed when I was doing Hammer Curls that I was letting the weight get momentum and then keeping the momentum going as opposed to controlling the exercise. I was 100% sure at first but went over to a M&F Exercise Book and read through on proper execution. As soon as I lowered the weight, I really felt a big difference during the next two sets. The same thing happened during Dumbell Kickbacks, but I didn't figure that out until I was done with all sets, so next week I will work with the new weight.

Other than that...arms went well, as did my ab work. Cardio was much better than yesterday. I must have gotten more rest. I felt good through the whole 30 minutes. No more lifting this week, but still have one more cardio session to go tomorrow.

I did eat my "cheat" meal for my 1:30p.m. meal. I really didn't go crazy this week...all I had was a grilled chicken sandwich with volcanic wing sauce from an excellent burger place. Probably the highest calorie thing was some bleu cheese dressing I put on it. Still, it is better than the pizza I ate last Friday. I can't wait for my plan meal tonight: steak & baked potato. :)

JaeGee
02-09-2007, 09:07 PM
That sounds like a nice "healthy" cheat meal :)

And great job on the weights. I often get a big head when I am lifting and if I realize that I might have went up in weight too quickly I really really have to push myself mentally to drop back down to the lower weight.

DawnMarie
02-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Great job so far Scott! :) Sounds like you've got a great attititude and determination to reach all of your goals...and having Michael helping you out doesn't hurt either! ;) :D Keep up the great job!

ScottC
02-10-2007, 05:48 AM
That sounds like a nice "healthy" cheat meal :)

And great job on the weights. I often get a big head when I am lifting and if I realize that I might have went up in weight too quickly I really really have to push myself mentally to drop back down to the lower weight.
Very tasty, too...I might add.

Steak tasted great last night, it had been a while.

Great job so far Scott! :) Sounds like you've got a great attititude and determination to reach all of your goals...and having Michael helping you out doesn't hurt either! ;) :D Keep up the great job!
Thanks DawnMarie!...and thanks for stopping by and reading. :)

ScottC
02-11-2007, 05:06 AM
Today is a rest day...No exercise.

Yesterday was cardio only. As I was preparing meal #3 I started to not feel great. Slightly queasy and a little warm. I wasn't sure if I was going to go and use the treadmill. When it was time to go, I was a little hesitant but went and had a decent 30 minute cardio workout. Every 10 minutes I went up a little in my pace. But once I finished and got home I felt like garbage for a few hours. I am not sure if I need more rest or what, but I am staying home today and will try to get in an afternoon nap to be safe. I do not want to risk getting sick right now. I have lots to do this week as my mother-in-law arrives for a visit Thursday night.

Later I have to get my lifting log ready for the week, and make a shopping list for the grocery store.

My weekly Macro and calorie averages for the week are as follows:
Protein: 44%
Carbs: 33%
Fats: 23%
Calories: 2608

ScottC
02-12-2007, 04:20 AM
Had my morning weigh-in: 198.8lbs

Last Monday I weighed: 200.2 (-198.8= 1.4lb loss)

Loss results:
1.4lbs for week
5.2lbs since start

Today is chest/shoulders/abs day...along with cardio. After last weeks weight adjustments on a couple of arm exercises, I lowered the weight on my dumbell side laterals to improve form. I will see today if doing so was right if I exceed my rep limits.

Workout update later...

ScottC
02-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Well, today's shoulder workout was the best I can ever recall. I lowered my dumbell press weight by 5lbs in addition to the one for the side lateral raises and it was perfect. Form was good and it was a good pump...which I usually don't feel in my shoulders. Chest also went well with flat dumbell presses causing the most burn.

Cardio...the treadmill was good, as soon as I made it past the 10 minute mark. The first ten minutes, though, seemed to drag on...and on.

Not much more to report. Back/abs day tomorrow...along with cardio, of course. ;)

cfh1973
02-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Well, today's shoulder workout was the best I can ever recall. I lowered my dumbell press weight by 5lbs in addition to the one for the side lateral raises and it was perfect. Form was good and it was a good pump...which I usually don't feel in my shoulders. Chest also went well with flat dumbell presses causing the most burn.

Cardio...the treadmill was good, as soon as I made it past the 10 minute mark. The first ten minutes, though, seemed to drag on...and on.

Not much more to report. Back/abs day tomorrow...along with cardio, of course. ;)

I have a hard time getting a good pump in my shoulders as well. You must have hit those suckers pretty hard. What kind of w/o are you doing? Or do you just do what you feel like for the body part you are working that day? Keep up the good work brother.

ScottC
02-12-2007, 05:46 PM
I have a hard time getting a good pump in my shoulders as well. You must have hit those suckers pretty hard. What kind of w/o are you doing? Or do you just do what you feel like for the body part you are working that day? Keep up the good work brother.
My exercises are mostly just the basics: Dumbell shoulder press, front, side & rear lateral raises, plus shrugs. Maybe it was the combination with the chest work...but I think it had a lot to do with better form. I changed my press weight because I had a note from the last workout to "watch the bounce," so obviously I was using momentum to boost the weight.

cfh1973
02-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Good to see you are paying close attention to form. I am always very conscious of my form. Hard to support a family with a bad injury, ya know?

ScottC
02-13-2007, 04:59 AM
Tuesday is Back/Abs/ Cardio...

Finishing meal #1 now, will post more after my workout....time to get my son fed and ready for school.

ScottC
02-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Today's workout went well, with an increase in reps on a couple of exercises. Funny thing is, I went up on both the barbell row and one arm dumbell row for all sets, but only up a rep or two on my pulldowns. Also funny was last week I seemed to be stronger with my right arm/side during the dumbell row, and this week my left side was stronger. Odd...

Of course, since I did chest yesterday, I am feeling a bit sore in my chest today...and nothing much in my back. Cardio was pretty good and went by pretty quickly as it was a busy day in sports with the Chargers firing their head coach despite going 14-2 this year. Cable TV on treadmills was a stroke of genius!

Hopefully going to get to sleep early tonight. Still feeling a bit run down due to lack of enough sleep. Tomorrow is a Cardio Only day, so I will hit the treadmill and then come home to start cleaning up our place as my mother-in-law arrives Thursday evening.

JaeGee
02-13-2007, 07:02 PM
good job on the weight loss for the week scott!

do you find yourself to be getting a good workout doing the shoulders and chest on the same day? whenever i tried to do that in the past it never worked out as well as i thought it would.

oh lord, good luck with the mother in law. watch your back!

ScottC
02-14-2007, 04:51 AM
good job on the weight loss for the week scott!

do you find yourself to be getting a good workout doing the shoulders and chest on the same day? whenever i tried to do that in the past it never worked out as well as i thought it would.

oh lord, good luck with the mother in law. watch your back!
LOL!! I will watch my back....and plan to be out of the house as much as possible. Which I can say from past experience never happens as much as I would like to. But as long as I can get in my morning lifting on Friday and Monday, I will be happy.

So far, all is well doing chest & shoulders on the same day. I think the key is not to do too much for the chest. I am doing three exercises for the chest and am getting that good soreness....and this last shoulder workout was awesome.

heathershubby
02-14-2007, 07:17 AM
LOL!! I will watch my back....and plan to be out of the house as much as possible. Which I can say from past experience never happens as much as I would like to. But as long as I can get in my morning lifting on Friday and Monday, I will be happy.

So far, all is well doing chest & shoulders on the same day. I think the key is not to do too much for the chest. I am doing three exercises for the chest and am getting that good soreness....and this last shoulder workout was awesome.

repped

ScottC
02-14-2007, 05:34 PM
repped
Thanks John!

Today's cardio went as well as cardio can. I used the treadmill at my apartment complex as opposed to the gym for a change and it saved some time which I needed to run errands. Tomorrow is LEG day. I actually look forward to doing my leg work...not so keen on doing cardio afterwards, though. ;)

More tomorrow....

cfh1973
02-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Sounds like you don't care for cardio too much. Personally I love cardio but I am a rare breed. Have fun with the leg w/o.

ScottC
02-14-2007, 06:12 PM
Sounds like you don't care for cardio too much. Personally I love cardio but I am a rare breed. Have fun with the leg w/o.
I don't mind cardio, but some days are better than others. :D

I miss my mountain bike, but there is too much snow to safely ride the streets.

JaeGee
02-14-2007, 06:52 PM
i cant stand cardio, but loooove lifting! to each their own :)

ScottC
02-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Ok...I had an awesome Leg workout today. I maxed out the reps in all three sets for the leg press, so now I am adding another 10# bringing my LP to 475lbs. I know that number is light compared to others, but it is huge to me since back in early November, my 1RM on leg press was 425 and today I did 3 sets of 10 at 465#.

I went up a couple of reps in my leg extensions too, and by the time I was halfway through my leg curls my legs were extremely wobbly. After doing my calf work I wanted to walk stiff legged so I wouldn't drop. Looking at the treadmill made me cringe and I seriously almost walked off the TM after 3 minutes. Walking at a quick pace was TORTURE! After the 10 minute mark I was much better, but I really wanted off that crazy machine before then. I did make my 30 minutes...in case anyone is interested.

Even after a short ride home I was a bit sore already, so I can only imagine what tomorrow might bring.

Gots to run for now. We have to finish getting ready for my mother-in-law's arrival. She has arrived in Detroit already, but her next flight doesn't arrive here until 8:30p.m. this evening. More later...

JaeGee
02-15-2007, 05:28 PM
good work on the leg press, that really is some fantastic progress being able to press more weight 10 times!

good luck with the mother-in-law. dont let her put your balls in a vise.

ScottC
02-15-2007, 05:32 PM
good work on the leg press, that really is some fantastic progress being able to press more weight 10 times!

good luck with the mother-in-law. dont let her put your balls in a vise.
Thanks JaeGee!

...and don't worry, I won't. LOL!

ScottC
02-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Well today was a day of mixed results. I had to miss my arms workout today. My son, as I have posted before, has a rare seizure disorder and has to have "emergency" meds given to him if he has a tonic-clonic seizure. My mom-in-law is an older lady who doesn't feel comfortable about administering the med, so I had to stay very close to home. I did get over to the treadmill in our apt. complex, but that is because it is less than a minutes walk from my place. My son's other seizures have been awful this week, and isn't any better tonight, so it was for the best.

Anyways, my cardio was pretty good and I am glad I got that in because it was pizza night here. Perfect timing as it is my cheat day. To eat a bit "better," I only got my pizza with cheese and not everything like a couple of weeks ago.

Sounds funny, but I was bummed to have pizza. Our butcher is having a sale on N.Y. Strip steaks this week: $3.99/lb!!! We bought 6# of steaks...cut fresh for me as they joked "right from the cow." Beautiful cuts of meat. Guess I will be having a small portion of one this weekend as it is on the menu of dinners for while my M-in-L is here. :rolleyes:

Cardio only day tomorrow, unless I get a chance to make up my arms day. I will see what tomorrow brings since my gym is only open until 3 p.m. on weekends.

JaeGee
02-16-2007, 06:24 PM
okay okay you did have a pretty good excuse for missing your workout :) and great job on still getting in the cardio!

ScottC
02-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Been a bit lazy this weekend about posting....

...but there isn't a whole lot to report. Saturday was cardio only and I had a good 30 minute go on the treadmill. Watched some college basketball during my session. Funny how I started my cardio and there was 15 minutes left in the first half, and after I had finished my 30 minutes, there still was over two minutes left in the half. I know about the TV timeouts, etc., it was just amusing as I put on my boots to head out into the snow and the game was still on.

Sunday is always a rest day...

One thing rather interesting was on Saturday morning, when I did my morning weigh-in after my cheat dinner Friday night, I weighed in just below 199lbs. Seeing that made my morning. I am kind of anxious for tomorrows weigh-in when I update for the week. I probabaly shouldn't be...but I am.

More tomorrow....

ScottC
02-19-2007, 04:35 AM
This weeks weigh-in: 196.4lbs

Last weeks weight: 198.8 (-196.4)= 2.4lb loss for week.

2.4lb loss for last week
7.6lbs loss since start.

Wow... I am a bit shocked by this weeks loss. Happy, but shocked nonetheless. It is a bit above where Michael has projected the weekly loss would be, but certainly not anything alarming or unhealthy. It keeps me motivated to keep on plan and resist any outside influences at eating off plan.

Today is supposed to be chest/abs day, but with my son off for winter break/President's Day and after the really bad weekend he had seizure wise, I will probably repeat Friday's deal and do cardio here. I can also get my ab work in as I have a bar and ab straps. I think I will do some push-ups too, so I don't feel so bad about missing the w/o. Tomorrow everything should be back to normal, my son back to school and my mom-in-law on her way back to Florida...and me back to the gym.

More later....

Enote
02-19-2007, 06:43 AM
*subscribed*

congrats on this week's loss man (lol sounds kinda weird when read outloud). Best of luck!

ScottC
02-19-2007, 02:08 PM
*subscribed*

congrats on this week's loss man (lol sounds kinda weird when read outloud). Best of luck!
Thanks for stopping by and reading, Enote! Appreciate it. :)

Got my cardio in and did a small bit of chest & shoulder work on my apartment complex's all in one machine. Did a couple of sets of incline press and shoulder press. About all I could do since I use dumbells for most of the other exercises. Did some pushups too, so it wasn't a complete waste of a lift day, but what else is there to say...I am a parent. Cardio was good and I was walking at a good clip. After my PWO drinks and a shower I went a did some shopping. Needed some sweet potatoes, deli turkey and some other things for the house.

My gym bag is almost packed and ready to go for tomorrow's Back/abs day. Can't wait to hit the gym again.

heathershubby
02-19-2007, 02:10 PM
keep up the good work bro

JaeGee
02-19-2007, 02:44 PM
congrats on the great weigh in scott! that is fantastic! and looking back on everything so far you do an excellent job of managing things based on your stress and work level. you will do extra cardio and less weights to compensate for a long night or unexpected day event change. i wish i could have that same level headedness. great work so far!

ScottC
02-19-2007, 04:21 PM
congrats on the great weigh in scott! that is fantastic! and looking back on everything so far you do an excellent job of managing things based on your stress and work level. you will do extra cardio and less weights to compensate for a long night or unexpected day event change. i wish i could have that same level headedness. great work so far!
Thanks JaeGee... :)

ScottC
02-20-2007, 04:29 AM
Ugh...been up since 3:50 a.m. with my mom-in-law since she has an early morning flight back to FLA. Her taxi got here at 5:15 and she should be on board now. Hopefully, the lack of sufficient sleep won't cause a poor back workout this morning. Doesn't really matter as I am looking forward to getting back to the gym.

Going to eat. Will post w/o results later.

cfh1973
02-20-2007, 04:34 AM
Good luck with the back w/o buddy. I usually only run into problems in the afternoon when I have a lack of sleep. Hope it doesn't hold you down.

EME
02-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Keep up the great work Scott!

I'm very impressed by your determination, even with the all the other things you are handling in your life.

Keep up the Great work. Your results are a direct result of the effort you put in, and your's are proving that you've been hitting it hard.

- Michael

ScottC
02-20-2007, 06:07 PM
The back workout went much better than expected. Maybe I was pushing myself harder...??? Anyways, I went up at least one rep per set, except for the 4th set on some exercises. On the pulldowns I used a different bar, a straight one with handles on the end and I am feeling it in the lats tonight. Which is pretty good for me since back w/o's usually don't produce much soreness or feeling at all.

Cardio went well, too. Again...I really enjoy those little tv's in the treadmill. Makes the time go be very quickly. Not too much else to report from the cardio front.

One pretty cool thing happened at the gym today: two people came up to me and told me I was looking "leaner." I could see one of the people saying it because she hasn't seen me in a few weeks, but the other person sees me daily as their group works out at the same time as I do. That comment made me feel the best. Keeps me wanting more. Great motivation.

Tomorrow is cardio only.

JaeGee
02-20-2007, 06:48 PM
good job on the workout scott. and grats on the compliments! i always find that for back exercises you really have to focus on the area you are trying to hit. by holding weight at the climax of the lift and really forcing yourself to contract your back muscles during the set.

were you doing the vbar for the pulldowns before? i love that damn long bar for pulldowns. lats hate it though. good luck :)

ScottC
02-21-2007, 04:55 AM
Keep up the great work Scott!

I'm very impressed by your determination, even with the all the other things you are handling in your life.

Keep up the Great work. Your results are a direct result of the effort you put in, and your's are proving that you've been hitting it hard.

- Michael
Thank you for the kind words. My results are based on my effort, but I would not be anywhere close to where I have have gotten to in three weeks without your excellent diet & workout plan. Thanks.

good job on the workout scott. and grats on the compliments! i always find that for back exercises you really have to focus on the area you are trying to hit. by holding weight at the climax of the lift and really forcing yourself to contract your back muscles during the set.

were you doing the vbar for the pulldowns before? i love that damn long bar for pulldowns. lats hate it though. good luck :)
I guess that is the name of the bar I was using...starts out straight and then bends down at the ends? No matter. I will stick with that straight bar from now on. I will try your suggestion to hold the weight at the climax. Thanks for the tip.

Cardio Only day today. Will post more later...now I have to get the ice pick out and chip off my wife's car. We are having freezing fog right now and the cars outside look mighty frosty. I hope mine is clean as I park under cover. Most school districts are running a 2 hour delay...but not my son's district, so it is time to get him breakfast, too.

ScottC
02-21-2007, 02:54 PM
Cardio was pretty good, except that I decided to use the TM at my apartment complex (where there is only one) and I had to wait until some kind old man finished. It was an interesting time in the room as a woman was in there using the stationary bike (she wanted the TM too, but I was next) and was not a sports fan, so she put on the Ellen show after Dr. Phil was over. :eek: I may never use that room again during the week. Funny thing is whenever I have used the room before I have had it to myself, with one or two exceptions.

I still have some tenderness in my lats which makes me happy since, as I have said before, I rarely feel much from back w/o's. I look forward to that straight bar again next week. I just need to bring my gloves. The diamond pattern on the handles was a killer to my hands.

Legs/abs day is tomorrow. I get more and more psyched for each leg workout...until I have to climb on the TM. ;)

DawnMarie
02-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Wow, doing fantastic Scott! Congrats on the weigh in and keep it up! :)

JaeGee
02-21-2007, 06:44 PM
on a plus side i guess you got to get in touch with your feminine side listening to dr. phil and the lez. i woulda spent the whole time trying to figure out a way to kill myself lol. glad you had a good cardio session though!

Rocksmtu
02-21-2007, 09:58 PM
I just need to bring my gloves. The diamond pattern on the handles was a killer to my hands.

Gloves are a must on back day for me. I don't know how people can get by with out them. I guess I just like to keep my hands baby soft for my woman.

You are doing great man. It's really inspiring to see your progress. Keep it up.

ScottC
02-22-2007, 04:28 AM
Wow, doing fantastic Scott! Congrats on the weigh in and keep it up! :)
Thanks DawnMarie! :)

on a plus side i guess you got to get in touch with your feminine side listening to dr. phil and the lez. i woulda spent the whole time trying to figure out a way to kill myself lol. glad you had a good cardio session though!
LOL! Thankfully she hates to ride a bike, "It tires my legs out." So, she asked how much time I had left, and when she heard 20 minutes, she climbed off the bike and said she'd come back later, or she might say she got her exercise for the day. So, I changed back to ESPN2 for Cold Pizza.

Leg Day today. Will post results later today...

ScottC
02-22-2007, 02:33 PM
I had another excellent leg workout today. The 10 pound increase I did on the leg press was not nearly enough. I maxed out all three sets, so next week I will go up 20# so I don't have the same thing happen and max out again. I went up a rep each set on my SLDL which is good, but it hampered my leg curl a little. My leg curls went well for the first set, but the next two sets were hard. I lost reps from last week in each of them. Oh well....

Funny thing happened between the leg extensions and leg curls. The lady who was in the child care center asked me to escort s little boy to the locker room because he was not tall enough to open the locker room door to get out. So as him and I were walking down the hall my legs were slightly giving away underneath me. I had to grab the wall once for support. My legs were beat up.

Cardio was as good as it gets on leg day. Actually, it wasn't as bad as last week. I was moving quicker than last weeks pace. Overall, I am pretty tired. I may check a few posts and call it a day from the forums. Got tonights chicken marinating in a very spicy solution. Can't wait to fire up the grill in a little while.

Arms/abs day tomorrow...

JaeGee
02-22-2007, 06:24 PM
glad you had a good workout scott!

i often wonder how i look walking out of the gym after leg days :) i have to walk past all of the cardio equipment and tvs heh.

hope your workout tomorrow goes well, good luck!

ScottC
02-23-2007, 04:49 AM
glad you had a good workout scott!

i often wonder how i look walking out of the gym after leg days :) i have to walk past all of the cardio equipment and tvs heh.

hope your workout tomorrow goes well, good luck!
Thanks JaeGee. I was wondering what others were thinking, too! :D

Arms/abs & cardio...this means it is Friday, and Friday is the day I get to have a cheat meal, if I so desire. I will post my w/o results...and my meal choice later.

Stuckniraq
02-24-2007, 06:31 AM
Scott, I remember the first time I did the leg extentions. I did four sets of 15 at about 80lbs but, I never stood up in between sets. When i finally did I had no idea It would be like it was. I jumped out of the chair a went straight to my knees...LOL The Marines in the gym were all laughing there butts off. Now I am a little slower to get out of the chair....."Lesson Learned"

ScottC
02-24-2007, 06:40 AM
Scott, I remember the first time I did the leg extentions. I did four sets of 15 at about 80lbs but, I never stood up in between sets. When i finally did I had no idea It would be like it was. I jumped out of the chair a went straight to my knees...LOL The Marines in the gym were all laughing there butts off. Now I am a little slower to get out of the chair....."Lesson Learned"
LOL! :D

Good to see you online. Article in the papers/online yesterday was about the number of contractors killed in Iraq. Stay safe!

ScottC
02-24-2007, 06:54 AM
My arms workout yesterday went pretty well. Feeling it in the biceps/triceps today. It was good to work them again, since I missed last Fridays w/o. The lowering of dumbell weight a couple of weeks ago on the hammer curl and kickbacks made a huge difference. Also, I am going up in weight on my pushdowns since I maxed out all sets. Cardio went well. Nothing much to report from there.

I had planned for my cheat meal to be somewhat good and have a grilled chicken sandwich dipped in volcanic wings sauce and chili served in an edible bowl. I was going to meet and treat the missionaries from my church for lunch, but got a phone call from my son's school first. He had a seizure in school and I had to go get him. On the way home with my son, I figured I would hit the Checker's drive thru since lunch at a restaurant was out. I had two 1/4lb bacon cheeseburgers and a large chili. Delicious! Of course, having my cheat meal prior to my afternoon weigh-in was eye opening when I read what the scale said...:eek: All was well on the scale this morning, even after having my plan dinner of steak and potato.

Today is a cardio only day. More later...or tomorrow.

Stuckniraq
02-25-2007, 05:01 AM
LOL! :D

Good to see you online. Article in the papers/online yesterday was about the number of contractors killed in Iraq. Stay safe!

Yup it has been prety busy around here. Hey I wanted to tell you, I just finished BFFM. I am going to start reading it over again tomorrow. I also got my Accu-Measure today. I am all fired up!

ScottC
02-25-2007, 06:44 AM
Yup it has been prety busy around here. Hey I wanted to tell you, I just finished BFFM. I am going to start reading it over again tomorrow. I also got my Accu-Measure today. I am all fired up!
Keep reading the book and practicing with the Accu-Measure (it takes time to become consistant with your results, so don't freak or get too excited at first ;) ), and by the time you get home you will be ready to go with a solid plan in place. :)

Keep up the good work, stay fired up...and stay safe!

ScottC
02-25-2007, 06:52 AM
Today is a Day of Rest...no planned exercise.

Yesterday's cardio went as good as cardio goes. Went at a decent pace while watching the History Channel's show about ancient battle equipment. Pretty cool stuff. Tomorrow is Chest/Shoulders/abs day. My son is sick and while I am hoping he goes to school, I am being realistic that I will be taking him to the doctor's office. If so, I will have to lift at night since I missed last Monday's w/o and we will be in Chicago next Monday. I don't think I can miss three Monday w/o's in a row, but I am going to email Michael about this situation.

Another thing about tomorrow is that it is time to take measurements after one month on Team Torture. Stats that can be updated on my BodySpace page will be done by tomorrow afternoon. Of course, tomorrow is weekly weigh-in too.

fates_child03
02-25-2007, 08:31 AM
Great Job so far Scott. Looking forward to seeing what your first months progress is. Subbed will check in and see how things are going for you.
Good luck and keep up the hard work.

ScottC
02-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Great Job so far Scott. Looking forward to seeing what your first months progress is. Subbed will check in and see how things are going for you.
Good luck and keep up the hard work.
Thanks for stopping by, and the kind words! :)

ScottC
02-26-2007, 05:36 AM
Doing things a day at a time and all of the sudden the first month is over. Took new measurements and did my weigh in this morning. Measurements have been updated on my BodySpace page. As usual, measurements are 'relaxed' & not flexed. Arm & leg measurements are from the right side of my body. One of the best measurements for me to see this morning was that my waist went down one full inch: from 39" to 38". :)

As for my weigh in....well, I am not sure whether to be happy or nervous. I guess after I send my results to Michael I shall find out. But last weeks weight lost was 3lbs! I better enjoy it as I leave for Chicago Friday for 4 days, and it is going to be harder to be as strict as I have been. Also, there will be no lifting and minimal cardio done during that time, too.

Last weeks weight: 196.4lbs
Todays weight: 193.4lbs (196.4-193.4= 3lb loss)

Loss for week: 3lbs
Loss since start: 10.6lbs

The start of week 5 has me in a bit of a bind. If you read my previous posts you know my son is home sick from school. He will go to the doctor's today. I emailed Michael my concerns and he got back to me yesterday with options to consider (Thanks Michael for getting back to me quickly on a Sunday). When I post later today, I will post what I opted to do. I may just do cardio until my son sees his MD and I have an idea if he needs to be home tomorrow...I don't know yet. Either way, cardio will be done early this evening.

ScottC
02-26-2007, 06:03 PM
The start of week 5 has me in a bit of a bind. If you read my previous posts you know my son is home sick from school. He will go to the doctor's today. I emailed Michael my concerns and he got back to me yesterday with options to consider (Thanks Michael for getting back to me quickly on a Sunday). When I post later today, I will post what I opted to do. I may just do cardio until my son sees his MD and I have an idea if he needs to be home tomorrow...I don't know yet. Either way, cardio will be done early this evening.
Took my son to his doctor...he is pretty sick, so I will figure out what I am going to do about my workouts overnight tonight. I may have to improvise this week with what I have at home which is dumbells, some weights (enough to get by) and a bench. The only bar I have here is an ez-curl, so it will work. Cardio will be at night on the TM at my apartment complex. Skipped it tonight as I needed to hit the grocery store, since my son wasn't up for it on our way home from his pediatrician's office.

More tomorrow...

JaeGee
02-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Sup Scott, congrats on another fantastic weigh in for the week. And 10 lbs in the month! Great work!

Sometimes other forces just make it impossible to do things that we need to do, but it's good that you can still get in a small bit of cardio or a modified workout when time restraints really prohibit you from doing any more than that.

Hell I woulda just said I didn't have enough time and watched tv. lol! Good job!

ScottC
02-27-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks JaeGee! I have to do what I can when I can. I made this promise to myself that I am going to the next level, which is why I asked Michael Elias to design a plan for me. I plan on working with him for a while. While much of my weight loss was not the best way of going about it, this last 10lbs of loss brings me up to 70lbs of loss since last April. Sorry, I am kind of rambling...but I am excited by everything right now. I haven't been below 200lbs since before I was married over 12 years ago and now I am closing in on 190lbs.

I am probably pretty worked up right now too, because I just got done doing my chest/shoulders/abs workout at my apartment. Even though I couldn't do some stuff to plan, I did get in all my exercises, including my ab work since I have ab straps and a chin bar. I wish I had done my w/o this morning and been on a regular schedule, I was doing stuff with my sin on the computer. Some of these kid sites have some pretty cool games.

Later on I will hit the treadmill. First I have to vote on a millage increase for the public schools special education division. There hasn't been an increase in funding in 20+ years and to pay costs the Sp. Ed dept. has had to take from the schools general fund. Being the parent of a special needs kid, I know it costs a bunch for these kids. My son has to have his own aide at all times, in addition to all the therapies he recieves. After I vote I will hit the TM, if I do not have to run to the other grocery store. But tonight I woll get in my cardio.

Enough rambling...tomorrow is back/abs day. It will be tough to modify this w/o since I will not be able to do pulldowns. I willl do any pullups I can to try and make up for that, but I should be able to complete the rest of my program.

tomj
02-27-2007, 02:26 PM
well done man, i really admire your dedication when things are not that easy.

i live on my own so can eat what i like, have a good gym 5 mins from my work and take extended lunches there with my boss (so i don't get in trouble!) so i realise how lucky i am.

keep going, your weight loss is fantastic and you still seem to be enjoying the process as well as the rewards.

i just hope that my results mirror yours. keep it up.

ScottC
02-28-2007, 07:09 AM
well done man, i really admire your dedication when things are not that easy.

i live on my own so can eat what i like, have a good gym 5 mins from my work and take extended lunches there with my boss (so i don't get in trouble!) so i realise how lucky i am.

keep going, your weight loss is fantastic and you still seem to be enjoying the process as well as the rewards.

i just hope that my results mirror yours. keep it up.
Thanks for stopping by, reading, and your thoughts. Much appreciated.

fates_child03
02-28-2007, 07:35 AM
Good job Scott keep up the solid program. I like how you don't make excuses you find a way to get a good workout in. Thats dedication my friend.

ScottC
02-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Good job Scott keep up the solid program. I like how you don't make excuses you find a way to get a good workout in. Thats dedication my friend.
Thanks...:o

Did my back/abs workout this morning. Still modifying my workouts with my son home sick. I had to use the pullup bar since I was unable to do pulldowns. I was surprised I was able to do 4 sets of 2 pullups each. This may sound like very few, but it is huge to me as back in September I couldn't pull myself up even halfway for one. I used the curl bar for back rows and had enough weight to do one arm rows, too. It is good to see my back strength return, slowly, but returning.

Tomorrow's leg day could pose a problem. I can do SLDLs (but I think I will be a bit light on the weight) and I guess I will do some Db lunges for my quads. Not much else I can do, but that is alright. I can only do what I can do.

JaeGee
02-28-2007, 03:01 PM
glad you had a good workout scott.

congrats on the pullups i know how you were feeling i think it is one of those exercises where when you can finally do one rep you feel a huge sense of accomplishment.

hope the legs do well for yah.

ScottC
03-01-2007, 02:48 PM
I ended up skipping my leg workout today. My son is slowly getting better and there is an outside chance he may go to school tomorrow, so I figured I would hold off and see because then I could hit the gym for my legs. Besides, I couldn't switch lifting days around as tomorrows w/o is supposed to be arms and I couldn't do those today after doing back yesterday. I will get some cardio in tonight when my wife gets home.

We changed our trip to Chicago around, and we will now leave next Friday night for the big city. I was surprised my son's doctor was able to fit him in so soon, but I know they want to see him and get some clinical time with him. I am glad I can get a week of solid workouts in next week before we leave.

Anyways, not much more to report other than I am still feeling my chest w/o from Tuesday. :)

ScottC
03-02-2007, 11:45 AM
My son was home again from school. It wasn't worth it to try and push him back too soon. Also, he complained about not feeling well just before bedtime, so it was set. Anyways, I did my arm/abs workout at home. I wasn't able to do every exercise I usually do, but I was able to get most of it in. It was a pretty good workout, and my triceps were pretty tired when I finished.

I haven't been able to get in as much cardio as I thought I would have due to it being night and someone needing to be with my son at all times. So my wife and I took turns watching him while we made dinner. I was determined to get in some cardio today, especially since it is a higher calorie day and we are having pizza for dinner. I wanted to have cardio in before dinner, so I put on my X-vest with 10# of weight and walked up and down the stairs of my apartment for 20 minutes. It was pretty intense and I was sweating a lot after about 10 minutes or so.

I really enjoy my X-Vest and can't wait for the snow to go away so I can ride my mountain bike with it on again. Of course, as I write this, it is a virtual whiteout with heavy snow and winds steady at 28 gusting to 41mph....so I think the snow will be around for a little while.

More later or tomorrow....

ScottC
03-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Today is a rest day...

Yesterday's cardio was pretty good. It felt good to be back on a treadmill and not climbing stairs. Watched a little college hoops while putting in my 30 minutes. I am looking forward to tomorrow as I will be back in the gym again. My son still is congested a little and has a slight cough, but he was well enough to go to church with me this morning, so he will be back at school tomorrow. All things considered, with the exception of cardio, working out at home went ok. I got in a majority of my workouts but did skip my leg workout. I wish I was able to get in another couple of cardio sessions, but I could only do what I could do.

Tomorrow is Chest/Shoulders/abs...and cardio. Weekly weigh-in and weight update is also tomorrow morning.

JaeGee
03-04-2007, 11:06 PM
sup scott. looks like you did well this weekend for what you had to work with.

just for a suggestion so you dont have to miss a leg workout, look into jumping drills. i have done them when weights werent available and they can absolutely destroy my legs. also lunges and other none weight leg activites.

hope your workout tomorrow goes well.

ScottC
03-05-2007, 03:23 AM
just for a suggestion so you dont have to miss a leg workout, look into jumping drills. i have done them when weights werent available and they can absolutely destroy my legs. also lunges and other none weight leg activites.

hope your workout tomorrow goes well.
Thanks JaeGee. No jumping drills...I doubt my knees would take them. I had thought about lunges, but there isn't enough room in my place to get a good 'walk' in with dumbells. We'll see about next time...my son has spring break in a month and he will be home for the week. I am going to see if his physical therapist, who lives nearby, would watch him a little during break. Even if it is just on leg day so I can get to the gym.

ScottC
03-05-2007, 03:31 AM
Starting Week 6 on Team Torture today. This mornings weigh-in went better than I expected considering I didn't get a lot of cardio in last week. But sticking to the diet plan and doing what I could paid off.

*This mornings weight: 191.4lbs

Last weeks weight: 193.4 (-191.4= 2lb loss)

*Loss for last week: 2lbs
*Loss since start: 12.6lbs

Today is Chest/Shoulders/Abs....and as always, cardio. Workout results later...

JaeGee
03-05-2007, 02:46 PM
wow that is some awesome progress scott.exact numbers people should hope for since statistically more than 2 lbs lost is generally some part of muscle loss.

keep up the good work and have a good workout.

tomj
03-05-2007, 02:51 PM
sounds like the figures are stacking up for you scott - nice one!

with regards to lunges check out the 'fit show' videos on this site. there is one for legs done by milos that shows lunges done forward and back to start position with different angls - not too much space required!!

keep it up man

ScottC
03-05-2007, 04:11 PM
wow that is some awesome progress scott.exact numbers people should hope for since statistically more than 2 lbs lost is generally some part of muscle loss.

keep up the good work and have a good workout.

sounds like the figures are stacking up for you scott - nice one!

with regards to lunges check out the 'fit show' videos on this site. there is one for legs done by milos that shows lunges done forward and back to start position with different angls - not too much space required!!

keep it up man
Thanks guys...:cool:

I will check out the video. I am pretty sure I know what it looks like as I was not able to 'walk' the first time I tried lunges back in November. It will be a good backup for any w/o at home.

Todays workout went well. It felt so good to get back into the gym. I was a bit nervous when I pulled into the parking lot and saw that there was a lot more cars there than usual. I was worried about a busy free weight area, but it was ok. Several people got there early today and were finishing up when I hit the floor. I went up a rep or two in almost every set and maxed out my reps on the barbell shrug, so I will go up another 10# next week (or next w/o). Shoulders felt good and my ab work went well. My abs are getting stronger and I have been going up a rep or two on the Hanging Leg Raises for the last couple of weeks.

Cardio was good. I need to make all cardio sessions count this week as we leave for Chicago on Saturday. There probably won't be much cardio done while I am gone, except going for walks around my mom's neighborhood. I am going to call and see if any of the local gyms/fitness centers offer day passes for Monday.

Tomorrow is Back/Abs day...I am looking forward to using the straight bar again for my pulldowns. More tomorrow...

ScottC
03-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Alright, I was fairly busy yesterday as I had some unexpected things pop up at the last minute. I had to skip my Back workout yesterday, but made it up today. Of course, as things happen, my son was off of school for a Teacher Professional day, so I did my modified back w/o again. Only difference is having to do pullups instead of pulldowns.

Pullups made me happy again as I did 3 pullups in 3 out of 4 sets. An increase from last week where I did 2 pullups in all 4 sets. Another improvement in my back strength. I missed cardio yesterday and for today, I will have to do my cardio late this afternoon.

I am getting a little edgy as it gets closer to Friday. We leave Friday night for Chicago and I am not happy about not being able to do much exercise for four days. I am going to check some gyms near my mom's house for Monday's workout. When we arrive back on Tuesday afternoon, I will be able to get in cardio and that is about it.

Leg day tomorrow.....:D

Quickxi
03-07-2007, 12:15 PM
congrats on the weight loss! Leg day is always so much fun...

JaeGee
03-07-2007, 06:49 PM
geez going up 1 rep in one weeks time for pullups is crazy. awesome results! gl with the legs.

ScottC
03-08-2007, 03:12 PM
geez going up 1 rep in one weeks time for pullups is crazy. awesome results! gl with the legs.
Thanks Jae!

I had a great leg workout today. I had a new PR of 8 reps/3 sets of 495lbs. From there to the SLDL and I went up in reps on all sets. By the time I got to the calf extensions, it was hard to walk. Thankfully, my ab work got me the reprieve I needed to get some energy back for the treadmill. Cardio was good...although I really wanted to stop after a few minutes again. I knew once I hit the 10 minute mark I was good for all 30 minutes.

Tomorrow is Arms/abs...and cardio. I will be anti-social tomorrow since I am on a time limit. Too many people wanted to talk today. We leave for Chicago tomorrow night, returning Tuesday afternoon.

Quick update tomorrow after workout...

tomj
03-08-2007, 03:17 PM
hey scott - u got any recent pics so we can see the progress?

good work by the way - all sounds good!

JaeGee
03-08-2007, 03:43 PM
very nice leg presses scott!

i hope the arm workout goes well tomorrow. i still feel sorry for you having to do 30 min of cardio right after a leg workout lol thats brutal.

have a good time in chicago!

Quickxi
03-08-2007, 10:12 PM
lol, feel you on the walking part. Love those leg days!

ScottC
03-09-2007, 04:48 AM
Thanks guys! I will have a good trip....just not looking forward to the drive on a Friday night. But I am a native and know my way around the city, so it will be good. I had better stretch my legs good though. The way they feel this morning, they will be awfully stiff by the end of a 4 hour car ride.

Tom: I have a pic from November where I looked pretty much identical to where I did when I started in January. I will post it and a recent shot on the 26th when I have my BF tested and post newest measurements.

Arms/abs this morning. More later...

zaxx19
03-09-2007, 04:58 AM
Damn Scott, pull ups looking strong man. Just think in a few months you will be repping those out for like 8+ just like a 19 year old in good shape.

You must feel amazing doing that well on all your lifts and STILL losing significant weight all while under 200...AHEM 190 soon!!!

Ill check the log when you get back....I hope everything goes well at your folks.

alphaJ
03-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Wow Scott this is a great log man.......

I just started Team Scivation over a week ago and am just kickin into gear so great work and great results thus far man keep it up and you will reach your goal.

Im down 7 lbs in almost 2 weeks and Im lovin it..........

J

ScottC
03-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Damn Scott, pull ups looking strong man. Just think in a few months you will be repping those out for like 8+ just like a 19 year old in good shape.

You must feel amazing doing that well on all your lifts and STILL losing significant weight all while under 200...AHEM 190 soon!!!

Ill check the log when you get back....I hope everything goes well at your folks.

Wow Scott this is a great log man.......

I just started Team Scivation over a week ago and am just kickin into gear so great work and great results thus far man keep it up and you will reach your goal.

Im down 7 lbs in almost 2 weeks and Im lovin it..........

J
Thanks guys!

Not much time to write. Plans changed big time. Instead of leaving early this evening, we are leaving in a few hours. Gotta go finish packing for my son and myself. Then get the car loaded, pick my son up from school, and then drive and get my wife from work...then towards Chi-Town.

I'll be back Tuesday night...

Rocksmtu
03-09-2007, 10:28 AM
enjoy the hotdogs and italian beef.......:)

ScottC
03-14-2007, 04:21 AM
I am tired...the drive back home seemed longer yesterday than usual.

The trip was pretty good but fairly stressful. The weather was great and I was able to get some outside work done on my mom's house. The ate as clean as I could with a few cheats. My wose cheat was a gyro which wasn't all that great. Should've had my hotdogs... We even had a cheat dinner last night when we got home since we were too exhausted to cook. All said, I was pleasantly surprised when I hit the scale this morning for the first time since last Friday morning: 191.8lbs. Honestly, it was much better than I expected.

Anyways, back on schedule this week...kind of. Today will be my Chest/Shoulders/Abs workout (since I mssed it on Monday) instead of my cardio only day. I will keep the rest of the week schedule meaning I will miss my back w/o this week. Time to make some oats, more later...

ScottC
03-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Today was a good workout day. Seems like a lot of people take Wednesday's completely off. The gym, especially the weights area, was a virtual wasteland execpt for a few of us. I also had my choice of treadmills when it was cardio time.

Chest workout went well. I went up a rep or two on my Incline Press, but my flat dumbell press suffered a decrease of two reps on the first set. Maybe I didn't have enough rest time between the IP and the FP. Shoulder work was good too. Since I maxed out my reps per set last week on the barbell shrug, I added 15# and had a nice few sets at 175#. The treadmill was the TM after a few days off...once I got over the 10 minute hump, I was ready to go. The first 10 can be a struggle at times...like tomorrow after my leg workout.

Speaking of my leg workout, I forgot to mention that my legs were sore until Sunday after last Thursday's workout. I am looking forward to seeing if that happens again after tomorrow's session.

More tomorrow after my Leg/abs workout....

JaeGee
03-14-2007, 06:23 PM
sup scott,glad you had a great trip and were able to manage your weight and eating well.

with chest workouts i always see a decrease in whatever the second exercise happens to be. no matter how long my rest period is. that may be the case with what you are seeing. i think of it in a good light because it means my chest is really taking a beating :)

good to see you back and right back to the swing of things!

Quickxi
03-14-2007, 09:20 PM
i can't believe you kill yourself and do cardio AFTER legs!!! I would collapse and my legs would just be like rubber. Nice job eating well while in Chicago! Travel normally plays havoc with my diet.

ScottC
03-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Leg day started out pretty good. Had three strong sets of leg presses at 495# and moved on to do SLDL. On rep #4, on my way down, something happened in my lower back. I can't really describe it, but I quickly lowered the weight (same weight I had been using for weeks) and tried to walk it off. It became clear that I couldn't do that so I 'carefully' took the weights off the bar and walked some more. The pain/ache seems to be just in the lower back area. I headed over to the leg extension machine and tested it out, no pain. Tried my weight and still no pain as my back was supported...so I did my three sets of leg extensions. The real test came next when I tried the leg curl machine. Surprisingly, no pain...even at my weight, so I did my sets there too. I really debated to try the calf extension machine because I had to lift a few 45# plates to load it up. I walked away, then returned and loaded it up. After 2 sets though, I could feel it from how I had to complete the exercise, so I stopped. Needless to say I did not get in my cardio workout, or abs.

To make matters worse, my son had a seizure at school and he was knocked out from his meds when I arrived. I had to carry him to the car. :eek: I am going to nurse it and see how it feels tomorrow. I would like to get in my arm w/o, if possible. At very least, I hope to get in some cardio, even if I have to go a bit slower than I am supposed to go.

Oh well...stuff happens. Just have to roll with it and do what I can. More tomorrow morning on how I am feeling.

alphaJ
03-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Well that sucks Scott..........I just doin the sldl'd myself and they are really hard on the low back so I just go slow and go light..........not like you want a massive lowback anyways.I couldnt even do two sets when I first started them.

Hope your Kid is alright and best wishes.

Darkwatcher758
03-15-2007, 04:46 PM
wow dude that sucks, I hope your son gets better. My wishes to you and your family..

go really easy on cardio and if you can have a dr check out your back man.. make sure its nothing major.

JaeGee
03-15-2007, 06:35 PM
dude bi, ab, calf, all of those you can let slide and see if it heals on its own. but dont mess around with back injuries. just get it checked out if it is really hurting. my back aches all the time but nothing major and no sharp pains.

with your son, is there a cure to the seizures, or times when it is seldom?

go easy on the back though. if you are gonna do cardio do some nonimpact activity. bike or elliptical.

Quickxi
03-15-2007, 09:42 PM
take care of that lower back, you don't want to mess that up! Hope your son is okay.

ScottC
03-16-2007, 02:32 AM
dude bi, ab, calf, all of those you can let slide and see if it heals on its own. but dont mess around with back injuries. just get it checked out if it is really hurting. my back aches all the time but nothing major and no sharp pains.

with your son, is there a cure to the seizures, or times when it is seldom?

go easy on the back though. if you are gonna do cardio do some nonimpact activity. bike or elliptical.
I know not to mess around with back issues. It is feeling much better after a few hours of sleep...but I won't push it. Thanks for the cardio suggestions.

My son woke me up at 2a.m. wanting to watch TV (I sleep in his room because of his seizures). I told him to go back to sleep and less than a minute later he was vomitting. He is behind developmentally in speech, so maybe he was trying to tell me he really needed to get up. I am on my 3rd load of laundry and he has been sick another time. Off to the pediatrician's office again...

As for my son's seizures: at this time there is no cure for his type of epilepsy. Him, and most of the other kids who have this, are taking 2 to 3 medications daily just to try and keep them under control. My son takes 3 meds. He has what is called Dravet's Syndrome. He regularly has a few different types of seizures (tonic-clonic, myoclonic, absense & complex partial seizures) and he also has a photosensivity to patterns. If anyone is interested, you can read more about it from this parent run website, which I am affiliated:
http://www.idea-league.org/dravet.html

Thanks for the good wishes for my son, everyone.

ScottC
03-19-2007, 04:00 AM
Time for Monday's weekly weigh in. This will actually cover 2 weeks since I was in Chicago last Monday and had no weigh in last week.

*Morning weight: 188.8lbs

Last weigh in: 191.4lbs (-188.8=2.6lb)

*Loss for last 2 weeks: 2.6lbs
*Loss since start: 15.2lbs

I am happy with the loss over the last two weeks considering I was out of town for 5 days and had the back issue which meant much exercise missed during that period. Still, keeping on diet plan and not gorging on cheats while out-of-town and keeping to the exercise plan when possible works. I just wish when I update my weight to 188.8lbs it would show 189 in my stats below my name. Round it up, or down as the case need be.

I didn't update over the weekend because there wasn't much to say. My back was still tender enough not to push myself on Saturday, and Sunday is always a day of rest. There is still a little tender feeling in the lower back this morning, so I am going to make it a rest day. I don't want to rush back and possibly make it worse and miss longer. Besides, today is my son's 7th birthday and I need to get him more gifts and get some cupcakes for school.

More later...

EME
03-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Awesome work Scott!

I'm very proud of your progress so far.
You're doing a great job!

- Michael

Quickxi
03-19-2007, 08:58 PM
congrats on the weight loss! What is your goal?

ScottC
03-20-2007, 05:03 AM
congrats on the weight loss! What is your goal?
This may sound odd...but I don't have one. Right now the plan is to bring down my BF%. Once it gets lower Michael and I will chat and figure out when it will be time to start a clean bulk. There hasn't been any talk of it yet because I still have enough to lose at this time. Next Monday is my next measurements and I am having my BF tested at my gym. After the first 12 weeks are done I'll get a new plan and I'm sure we'll talk more about where I am headed.

One cool thing I should have posted yesterday: when I got dressed I went in another notch on my belt. I figured I was getting close. Lately I have been having to slightly pull up my jeans, even with heavy shirts tucked it...so I knew I was close. :)

My back is feeling pretty good today. I am going to try my Chest/Shoulders/Abs workout and will get in my cardio. More later after my workout...

Rocksmtu
03-20-2007, 07:09 AM
You gotta love the true signs of fat loss. First its a notch here and there on the belt. Then the next thing you know you have to get new pants and a new belt.

It sounds like you are on your way to getting a new belt. Keep up the great work!

ScottC
03-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Awesome work Scott!

I'm very proud of your progress so far.
You're doing a great job!

- Michael

You gotta love the true signs of fat loss. First its a notch here and there on the belt. Then the next thing you know you have to get new pants and a new belt.

It sounds like you are on your way to getting a new belt. Keep up the great work!
Thanks Michael and Rock!

I had a good chest workout today. Back was feeling good, and I had some extra reps in most sets. Same was true of my shoulder workout. Dumbell presses and barbell shrugs had increased reps in almost all sets. Even my ab work had increases. Just a good feeling workout all around.

The treadmill was the TM, but it was good to get in a strong cardio session. Increased speed every 10 minutes. Tomorrow is Back/abs day...along with more cardio.

Sorry for the short report, but I am in kind of a rush this afternoon. I have to DL medical forms. Next I have to install some new software for my son.

More tomorrow....

zaxx19
03-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Nice work Scott....you might just need maintenance after these 12 weeks darn....

I hope your son feels better soon.

Keep working hard and youll be looking ripped for summer.

Quickxi
03-20-2007, 09:36 PM
awesome job! Must have been incredible when you moved that belt down another notch! :)

ScottC
03-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Today was Back/abs day. The workout was pretty good. I was a little tired since my son was up very early this morning and it showed during some of my exercises. Also, since I have missed my last two arm workouts, I think that played some part as my biceps were fairly tired during my pulldowns. Cardio was good. I was pretty psyched about it actually because the time just flew and I felt good.

Tomorrow is supposed to be Leg Day. I am planning, and will be set to workout tomorrow, but it is dependent on my son. I had to pick him up from school again today due to a severe seizure, but he also had some blistering from 2nd degree burns on two fingers and his wrist. I could write for a long time and try to explain what happened, but the bottom line is it is undetermined at this time. I had to take him to the ER and I have been on telephone calls with his doctor's office in Chicago about this situation. Hopefully I will get a w/o in before having to return for his conference at noon. We'll see...

I am tired and drained right now, so I will post more tomorrow...

ScottC
03-23-2007, 11:56 AM
I missed my workouts yesterday due to the above situation. I had to be sure to have plenty of gauze bandages, tape, scissors, etc. Since my son's fingers/wrist will be wrapped for a while. Saw his pediatrician yesterday and he could not explain everything either. I am waiting on a call from his epileptologist so we don't have to wait all weekend for a possible answer.

Today was Arms/Abs day. Maybe because I had missed last weeks arm w/o, or my mind wasn't 100% on the lift, or just being tired, for whatever reason my straight barbell curl was not great. I went down a couple of reps in all three sets. My preacher curls were fine and the same with the hammer curls. My tricep part of the w/o went pretty well. No complaints. The treadmill was pretty good and I was moving right along at a decent pace for all 30 minutes.

Today is my cheat meal day, so I am extra glad I got in my entire workout. My wife wants pizza, so we will order from this place which only has individual pizzas. They are awesome.

Tomorrow is a Cardio Only day....more later.

JaeGee
03-23-2007, 03:20 PM
sup scott, read back through the log from the week that i missed. great job on the weight loss even while going to chicago. that is pretty damn amazing. usually i put on a good 6 lbs on vacation :) and congrats on the extra hole down on the belt, awesome results.

for a week filled with a ton of stress and lack of sleep i bet your workouts were better than you had expected, all things considered.

hope all ends up well with your son.

ScottC
03-26-2007, 04:29 AM
I would be lying if I said I was not a little disappointed over this weeks loss. Don't get me wrong, it still is good and in the healthy loss zone, but I most likely would have had a little more, but I gave in to the good weather and had an additional cheat meal. Yesterday, it was a beautiful day, almost 70 degrees and sunny. It just felt like a grilled hot dog day...and we did. I had two 1/4lb dogs we get from our butcher shop. They are spicy and are wonderful on the grill, but not what I should eat the night before a weigh in and BF test. That said, what's done is done. Time to move on...

My BodySpace stats have all been updated, except my BF% which is being done this morning. I will post the results later today. One of my BodySpace stats I am very happy with is I lost another 3/4" off my waist, bringing it to 1 3/4" lost around my waist in 8 weeks.

*Todays weight: 187.8lbs

Last weeks weight 188.8lbs (-187.8=1lb loss)

*Loss for week: 1lb
*Loss since start: 16.2lbs

After my BF test, today is Chest/Shoulders/Abs...and cardio. I need to put in a strong week this week. I had a mixed week last week with my son's issues, but hope all will be well with him this week and I can hit the gym hard before he starts Spring Break and I will have to w/o at home next week.

More later....

tomj
03-26-2007, 12:27 PM
well done scott, as you know your loss is in the correct zone. i know what it feels like when your weight loss slows down, but in your own words you have had a less than perfect week and as you drop in weight then the losses will decrease to a certain extent. after all, you want it to come from fat not muscle.

you have shown that you're knowledgable on all things fat loss and you have a great mentor behind you, so onwards and upwards - i look forward to more updates! :)

ScottC
03-26-2007, 12:58 PM
well done scott, as you know your loss is in the correct zone. i know what it feels like when your weight loss slows down, but in your own words you have had a less than perfect week and as you drop in weight then the losses will decrease to a certain extent. after all, you want it to come from fat not muscle.

you have shown that you're knowledgable on all things fat loss and you have a great mentor behind you, so onwards and upwards - i look forward to more updates! :)
Yeah, I'm not concerned about the slower loss, it just slapped me across the face at 4:45a.m. :D

You are too kind on your praise, but I owe it all to Michael Elias for putting together the routine & diet plan. Yes, I have to do the work, but the knowledge & experience comes from EME.

My workout went well, but my mind was a bit elsewhere at first. I had my BF tested and it is down 1% to 24%. Maybe because I do not know about BF% loss vs. actual loss, bt I was hoping for another percent or two down. Maybe I am on track??? I have to send my numbers to Michael today, so I will ask. Still, it is nice to be headed in the right direction. ;)

Chest and shoulders went pretty well. I had increases in reps over a few sets in a few exercise, so it is good. Cardio was really good. Time just seemed to go by fast & I felt really good.

Tomorrow is Back/Abs day...

JaeGee
03-26-2007, 03:51 PM
sup scott, congrats on another good week. i bet the hot dogs were delicious.

as far as the bf% goes it is fairly easy to figure out. take your weight and % from the start and multiply them. thats your fat in lbs. then do the same for your weight and % from today and multiply them. if you the difference between fat from before and after is 16 lbs then success you lost all fat. if it is more than 16 than even better. you gain muscle also. and if it is lower than you may have lost a bit of muscle also. (isay 16 because i think that was the number you have lost to date)

just remember it is only a stepping stone to tell you what you may need to alter in your plan. plus, tons of things can alter the bf% number.

JaeGee
03-26-2007, 03:57 PM

as far as the bf% goes it is fairly easy to figure out. take your weight and % from the start and multiply them. thats your fat in lbs. then do the same for your weight and % from today and multiply them. if you the difference between fat from before and after is 16 lbs then success you lost all fat. if it is more than 16 than even better. you gain muscle also. and if it is lower than you may have lost a bit of muscle also. (isay 16 because i think that was the number you have lost to date)

just remember it is only a stepping stone to tell you what you may need to alter in your plan. plus, tons of things can alter the bf% number.

JaeGee
03-26-2007, 04:32 PM

JaeGee
03-26-2007, 04:37 PM
holy crap! sorry, stupid cell phone replies. i thought they didnt go through, APPARENTLY THEY DID! :o

ScottC
03-26-2007, 04:56 PM
holy crap! sorry, stupid cell phone replies. i thought they didnt go through, APPARENTLY THEY DID! :o
I think it has to do with the forums, not you. They have been a little fluky this afternoon. A couple of double posts have popped up this afternoon.

Thanks for the info on the BF stuff. I just wish I had an alternative way to check my BF% from today. The owner has been on a morning workout tear since visiting the Arnold's, and I took her off a bike (even though I had an appointment) and I wonder if she rushed the test. I have to send out my numbers, I'll have Michael check everything.

Quickxi
03-26-2007, 08:58 PM

lol...

ScottC
03-27-2007, 05:47 PM
I had a really good back workout today. I really pushed myself a lot harder than usual for my back exercises. It's wierd, it's not that I don't try hard when I do my back, but today I went all out...kind of surprised myself. :o I had an excellent run of sets on my pulldowns, and one arm rows. Ab work was good, as well as my cardio.

Tomorrow is normally cardio only, but I am pushing up my leg day to tomorrow and my arm day on Thursday since my son is off on Friday and he has two different doctors appointments.

Have to cut short my report tonight since my son needs a bath, and since he cannot get his hand wet I have to bag & tape it. Then I have to hold it up during his bath so no water gets on his burns and possibly infects it. He is healing well his pediatrcian said this afternoon.

More tomorrow...maybe later if possible.

robewilbur
03-28-2007, 08:39 AM
Congrats on the workout. Its a good feeling when you push yourself to new limits. Do you find that moving up your workout kind of messes with the plan. I had to kind of do the same thing except i missed my workout last night due to food poisoning, which was not a pretty thing, so i'm doing it today which was my day off.

ScottC
03-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Do you find that moving up your workout kind of messes with the plan. I had to kind of do the same thing except i missed my workout last night due to food poisoning, which was not a pretty thing, so i'm doing it today which was my day off.
Is today a rest day off, or off from lifting and a cardio only day?

If it is a cardio only day, it is okay to do every once in a while as long as you still lift at the same time, since the workout nutrition is there. For me, a Saturday cardio only day can't be swapped around as the nutrition schedule is different. PM me if you have more questions about switching schedules. I have had to do it a couple of times, and Michael has advised me about it...including skipping the w/o all together, if necessary, to keep the continuity.

JaeGee
03-28-2007, 03:39 PM
I KNOW i replied to this thread yesterday! *grumgle grumble* it was along the lines of... glad you had a good back workout. i bet your back felt like it had a board duct tape to it. i love that feeling.

i guess your back is better? did you ever get it checked out?

i swear either i am quadrupling my posts or the replies arent going through now, hope this one is ok :)

ScottC
03-28-2007, 05:01 PM
I KNOW i replied to this thread yesterday! *grumgle grumble* it was along the lines of... glad you had a good back workout. i bet your back felt like it had a board duct tape to it. i love that feeling.

i guess your back is better? did you ever get it checked out?

i swear either i am quadrupling my posts or the replies arent going through now, hope this one is ok :)
Those forums were messed up at that time...LOL! I had the same experience once, I knew I replied to the thread but later it wasn't there. :eek:

Yes, the back healed up without having it checked out. I must pay attention to form. I was thinking about something else when I was doing the SLDL that day. I am still a bit skiddish with them.

Today ended up being a no workout day today. After I dropped my son off at school, as I was headed back to my car, my son's physical therapist called me into her ofice to get an update on my son's burns and what his doctors all thought, etc. By the time we finished going over everything, plus her schedule with him and what to work with him, it was 10a.m. We spoke for an hour and 15 minutes...the same amount of time it would have taken me to drive to the gym and complete my actual workout. I am usually on the TM by 10. Oh well....tomorrow will be leg day (on schedule after all). Friday I will have to do arms at home before my son's first doctor appointment.

ScottC
03-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Leg day was awesome today. I could hardly lift my legs onto the treadmill when I was finished. I increased reps in every set of my leg press. This led to some very sore legs during leg extensions & curls. I also had a one rep decrease in the first set of my extensions because my quads were burning. I was still a bit skiddish about SLDL's with my back incident still very fresh...:(

After calf extensions, I waddled over to the treadmill and needed to assist my legs up. After I got started, I soon realized that the channel changer on the TM was broken and I was stuck on TBS without knowing what the heck I was watching and the show wasn't very good. If my legs weren't so tired, I would have switched TMs, but I feared if I got off that I might not get back on again. :D Needless to say the 30 minutes felt a lot longer this morning.

All in all...it was a good day. Tomorow is arms/abs, which as I posted above, I will be doing at home.

tomj
03-29-2007, 03:00 PM
well done for sticking the full 30mins, especially after legs. i do legs on a friday and i really look forward to doing them cos they really hurt! (i know, i'm a weirdo)

i also do about 20-30mins of cardio afterwards and know the 'lead legs' syndrome, it's really tough but the sense of achievement is, for me, one of the best moments of the weekly workout - the post leg cardio completion! ;)

ScottC
03-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Today was a semi-modified Arm day at home. My son started spring break today and we had two different doctors appointments to be at, including one of them which was 50 miles away in Grand Rapids.

Anyways, the arm workout went as good as can be at home. Got some good pumps going in my biceps which isn't the usual case. Tri's were good, but I will get more time next Friday to add one exercise I just didn't have the time for today...the skull crusher. Depending when my wife gets home from work, I am hoping to get in my cardio before dinner.

Tomorrow is cardio only day. I also hope to get my son to the mall where a local auto dealership and boat sales company are showing off some their wares. He loves seeing boats and cars inside. Almost like going to the boat show, but without any fees and no crowds. If we go it will get in additional walking time.

I am worn out today. Over two hours in doctors offices and about the same amount of time driving to both appointments. I will sleep well tonight.

Finnegan Bell
03-30-2007, 05:09 PM
good luck man,why is it called team torture? that supposed to be fun?

ScottC
03-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Well, Michael may be able to fill in where the name came from, but on leg days, when I can barely lift them off the floor after lifting, I am to do 30 minutes on the treadmill...and usually that is torture. ;)

Thanks for stopping by and posting.

Quickxi
03-30-2007, 05:41 PM
you know you've worked out legs well when they no longer move well :)

JaeGee
03-30-2007, 06:59 PM
we should start a new catch phrase "you know you had a good leg workout when ___________ " just like the redneck craze :)

what kinda setup do you have at home scott? or is it part of the "state of the art" setup at the complex? i remember one time you had to do cardio there and some lady was watching a soap opera or something :) that where you have to wrkout sometimes too ?

EME
03-30-2007, 07:37 PM
LOL,

I didn't come up with that name, but apparently some of my clients think the workouts I design are a bit masochistic? :)

LOL.... they work though.. and that's what counts!

It's actually just a fun name that some of my clients who do online logs came up with.

- Michael

ScottC
03-31-2007, 05:41 AM
we should start a new catch phrase "you know you had a good leg workout when ___________ " just like the redneck craze :)

what kinda setup do you have at home scott? or is it part of the "state of the art" setup at the complex? i remember one time you had to do cardio there and some lady was watching a soap opera or something :) that where you have to wrkout sometimes too ?
Great suggestion Jae! I bet there would be a lot of creative answers in that thread. ;)

The "state of the art" setup at my apartment complex is usually where I do cardio on Saturdays, or days I can't get to the gym. It has 1 TM, 1 eliptical, 1 stationary bike, and 1 small, all-in-one LifeFitness machine...and the TV w/cable. ;)

When I workout at home I lift with my weights in my apartment. I have a curl bar, dumbells, a bench which can do incline & declines, and about 180# of weights. So, with the exception of my leg workouts, I can do most everything here. I just wish I had and extra set of dumbell bars. It works for when I can't get to the gym.

Today is Cardio Only, so I will head over to the "state of the art" fitness center early this afternoon.

Quickxi
04-01-2007, 12:39 PM
sounds like your "state of the art fitness center" is pretty decent. Enjoy the cardio! ;)

ScottC
04-01-2007, 02:30 PM
I had a decent cardio session yesterday...when I finally got over there. I made it there very late in the afternoon, which is a few hours later than I would have liked, but life can't be changed. At least I made it there and got in my 30 minutes.

Tomorrow is my weekly weigh in and is also Chest/Shoulders/Abs day. Again, all this week my lifting will be modified and will be done at my place. Cardio will have to be done as soon as my wife gets home. Hopefully I can get someone to watch my son on Thursday for Leg day. We'll see what happens...

More tomorrow when I post weight.

JaeGee
04-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Seems like you have a pretty descent setup at home, and your state of the art gym isn't too shabby :)

I hope your weigh-in goes well. Have fun with the chest workout, I love chest workouts.

ScottC
04-02-2007, 11:51 AM
It's weigh in day today for the start of Week 10...and here are the numbers this week.

*Todays weight: 186.8lbs

Last weeks weight 187.8 (-186.8= 1lb loss)

*Loss since start: 17.2lbs

I am happy about my loss, especially as I was short two days of cardio and I had an extra cheat meal earlier in the week. All set this week, went grocery shopping and my son is home, so no additional distractions....other than I have to do cardio late in the afternoon.

My chest workout was pretty good this morning. I really want an extra set of dumbell bars so I can set up two different weights at once. Really like to be able to ss some exercises. Other than that, no real issues. Almost like the gym, but instead of people coming up and talking to me, the phone rings and people can't take the hint to hang up.

I got in some extra walking while at the store. Our grocery has these shopping carts with various themes that play videos. My son wanted a "Wiggle's" shopping cart. They are heavier than most carts so one gets a good workout, and I walk longer around the store trying to get my $1 worth.

Not much else to report. As I mentioned, cardio later this afternoon.

JaeGee
04-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Holy crap they have shopping carts with videos on them now! That's awesome! They probably don't have them in my area because they would all be stolen by now :( Or maybe they did have them and they are all stolen now.

Grats on the weigh in this week. Still keeping strong with constant losses, thats great!

Do you add weight to the dumbbells? Meaning: Do you start with just 2 small stripped bars and add weight to the ends? I always thought those new dumbbells that you rotate the end and can select different weight at the flick of a switch were pretty cool, and I heard they work nicely and aren't flimsy. But I bet they cost a ton!

Here's to another great week!

Quickxi
04-03-2007, 06:49 AM
awesome job on the weight loss again! I really like the fact that you haven't lost any strength. As you know that's my goal as well. 17 lbs, that's really good; are you getting any comments from family/friends yet?

ScottC
04-03-2007, 07:09 AM
Holy crap they have shopping carts with videos on them now! That's awesome! They probably don't have them in my area because they would all be stolen by now :( Or maybe they did have them and they are all stolen now.
There is a Barney, Bob the Builder, & Wiggle's at our store. There is what looks like a 7" monitor. They are equipped with brakes which turn on if taken out of the store, but the really cool thing is they stay on the whole time you are in the store. It is one of those superstores, so everything is there; groceries, automotive, clothes, etc.; so I can be there a while.

Here is what they look like.
http://uk.gizmodo.com/tv_kart.jpg

Grats on the weigh in this week. Still keeping strong with constant losses, thats great!

Do you add weight to the dumbbells? Meaning: Do you start with just 2 small stripped bars and add weight to the ends? I always thought those new dumbbells that you rotate the end and can select different weight at the flick of a switch were pretty cool, and I heard they work nicely and aren't flimsy. But I bet they cost a ton!
Yes, I have the bars where I add weight. I though about others, but the Bowflex ones only go up to 52lbs. If I opted for the other kinds which go higher in weight, I might as well create my own home gym for the price.

ScottC
04-03-2007, 07:19 AM
awesome job on the weight loss again! I really like the fact that you haven't lost any strength. As you know that's my goal as well. 17 lbs, that's really good; are you getting any comments from family/friends yet?
Thanks! :) The keeping strength comes from the diet plan, imo.

I have been getting some comments from family, happy for my loss, of course. But the best comments have been from business and gym aquaintances...most of them female. :D It is good, too, when a couple of the guy bb's at the gym say I look "leaner" and keep up the good work. Makes me feel really good and inspires me to keep at it.

ScottC
04-03-2007, 06:28 PM
I had a good back workout today. Since I was at home and I rarely get to do pull ups, I decided to do a workout with just pull ups. My son being around had some influence on my plan, too. What I ended up doing was 8 sets of as many PUs as I could. I, once again, went up a PU in my first 3 sets to 4 PU/set. Then to 3 for 3 sets, then 2 for two sets. When I finished, I had this idea (which I figured was too late after doing 8 sets), to try some reverse narrow grip PUs. I rather shocked myself by doing almost 4 of them on the first set. In total I did an additional 3 sets of 3 PUs/set, then 2 more sets of 2 PUs/set.

I can't wait to feel it tomorrow, as I have had some good soreness in my lats this afternoon. I have also had good soreness from yesterdays chest w/o. I got in my 30 minutes on the TM late this afternoon. Tomorrow is cardio only, which I wish I could do earlier in the day, but will get it in when I can.

More tomorrow...

JaeGee
04-03-2007, 06:53 PM
damn that sounds like a pretty killer back workout. you must have some pretty good stamina and endurance to keep the reps up like that after so many sets.

Quickxi
04-05-2007, 03:50 AM
Nice job increasing your number on the PU! How is your back feeling this morning? :)

ScottC
04-05-2007, 04:09 AM
Nice job increasing your number on the PU! How is your back feeling this morning? :)
:o All the posting I did yesterday, and I forgot to fill in my journal.

My back was sore yesterday and still tender this morning. Also yesterday, I still had a good soreness from Mondays chest workout. It wasn't until I was on the treadmill in the late afternoon and holding on that I really felt my back.

My treadmill for cardio only yesterday was good. Nothing to report of interest.

I can't believe we are back in a lake effect snow pattern. Snow was covering the ground this morning. Must have been snowing fairly heavy overnight as it is extremely windy here and the snow during the day yesterday mostly blew all over....but it is cold. Current windchill is 9 degrees with windgusts to 38mph. Easter is supposed to be a balmy 36 degrees. :rolleyes:

Today is supposed to be a leg day. I am not sure yet what I will be able to do here. I will have to post what I do later today. Still thinking about this...and will make a phone call and see if someone can come over for an hour to watch my son while I use the "state of the art" fitness center which would at least allow me to do leg extensions & curls. Hmmm...????

Quickxi
04-05-2007, 07:51 PM
you and I seem to be charter members of the "Friday Waddlers" lol! Tomorrow is gonna be rough....

ScottC
04-08-2007, 06:01 AM
you and I seem to be charter members of the "Friday Waddlers" lol! Tomorrow is gonna be rough....
Usually it is the Friday & Saturday Waddlers!....but not this week. I got in cardio but no leg work.

Thankfull spring break is over and I am back to the gym again tomorrow. I did get in a decent modified arm workout Friday as well as my cardio. Did my cardio yesterday on my cardio only day, too. I needed to be sure to get in that cardio yesterday, as I took my son to the Easter egg hunt for the little ones at our church. At one of the stations the kids got to decorate their own cupcakes. Since we had a few inches of snow overnight and it was mighty cold, there was a much lower turnout than expected so the parents were "forced" to help eat some. I did have one cupcake with minimal frosting. The kids made out with eggs. They had allotted 10 eggs per kid, but with the low turnout each kid got 25eggs! Each filled with either a Hershey Kiss or an individual Reese's PB cup.

Anyways...today is Easter and it is a day of rest. I really want to hold to the line eating today, but if we go out as planned it may be a higher cal day than planned. We'll see...

Tomorrow is Chest/Shoulders/Abs & cardio...back in the gym! Hurray! It is also weigh in for the week.

Quickxi
04-08-2007, 11:42 AM
well if you do go out, count the calories as "refeed" calories. Have a nice easter afternoon!

ScottC
04-08-2007, 11:49 AM
well if you do go out, count the calories as "refeed" calories. Have a nice easter afternoon!
Thanks, you too.

We ended up staying in. My son wasn't doing well enough to go out. I did have a big breakfast, though: 3 fried eggs (haven't had them in a while), a few sausage links, and toast.

ScottC
04-09-2007, 04:42 AM
I am short on time this morning as I woke up later than usual. Here are the weeks weigh in numbers:

*Weight this morning: 184.4lbs

Weight last week: 186.8lbs (-184.4= 2.4lb)

*Loss for week: 2.4lbs

*Loss since start: 19.6lbs

Today is Chest/Shoulders/Abs...and cardio. Back in the gym, so I am excited.

Workout update later.... :)

JaeGee
04-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Damn scott that is a mighty impressive weigh in!

Especially right after easter sunday, lol!

Great job man, I hope the chest/shoulder/ab workout goes well. Since my gym was closed yesterday that is what I will be doing as well :)

Really a very nice weigh in. You should be proud of this past week.

ScottC
04-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Damn scott that is a mighty impressive weigh in!

Especially right after easter sunday, lol!

Great job man, I hope the chest/shoulder/ab workout goes well. Since my gym was closed yesterday that is what I will be doing as well :)

Really a very nice weigh in. You should be proud of this past week.
Thanks Jae...I had a good week of cardio for a change. The last couple weeks were a bit sporadic because of outside events.

My Easter big breakfast wasn't too bad, wasn't great, but it wasn't nearly as bad as what I was hearing people at the gym list which they ate yesterday.

I'll admit, I did weigh myself three times this morning to be sure I wasn't seeing things. ;)

Chest and Shoulders went pretty good. I had a slight decrease in reps on my incline press, but when I compared the reps to previous chest days after a modified w/o week, and they were right on. No worries. Shoulders went well too. Had a rep or two increase in a few exercises. One I remember right now without checking my log, was an increase in reps in the barbell shrug. Decent workout with presses and laterals, too.

Cardio was cardio. I did my time, but was not overly happy because today seemed to be talking day at the gym. I hadn't been there for a week since I worked out at home last week, and people were talking about their Easter. I did my share of talking too, so I am not blaming others for bothering me. A woman at the gym, today was her first day on Team Torture, so I was giving her some advice, tips, etc. All told, I spent more time than usual at the gym. Didn't help that it is a day I do the most exercises so my lifting is longer already.

Tomorrow is Back/Abs...

Quickxi
04-09-2007, 08:58 PM
impressive! Lol! I've done the same thing, double checking, then recheck, then recheck to see if the scale is playing a trick on me. Lol! Anyway, really good job on the weight loss!

ScottC
04-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Back day today was pretty good. I went up one to two reps in almost every set on my pulldowns. I did the same with my barbell rows. with my Bb rows, I almost maxed out my reps per set. Next week I should do so, and go up in weight. My one arm rows did suffer a one rep loss in the first two sets because I really pushed myself on the Bb rows.

Cardio was cardio. Got my time in and kicked up a sweat doing so. I never mention my ab workouts because they are abs. I should say thought that I have been getting to do more. For a few weeks, just getting to the minimum I am supposed to do was hard. Now, it may be only the last set which doesn't make the minimum depending on which exercise I am doing, otherwise I am making min or above reps.

Tomorrow is cardio only....

Quickxi
04-10-2007, 12:29 PM
congrats on the noticed improvements in your workouts!

JaeGee
04-10-2007, 07:19 PM
damn 1 or 2 rep increase is ridiculous man! nice work! enjoy the cardio tomorrow since i will be enjoying it tonight :) i hope my back workout goes even half as well as yours heh.

alphaJ
04-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Any startin til now pics?

ScottC
04-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Any startin til now pics?
:o Yes...my apologies. I had planned on doing it a week or so ago.

I need to shoot a recent set of pics, and then figure out how to upload everything. The "before" pics will be from early November, which was where I was in January when I started this plan. I'll shoot them over the weekend.

Today was cardio only...got my 30 minutes on the treadmill done, showered and headed to my tax guy and got the dirty deed done. During my time there it started snowing...and snowing heavy. It is still snowing along with winds sustained in the 20mph range and gusts to 35. It is a heavy, wet snow... nasty driving.

Leg day tomorrow...:D

nithos
04-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Today was cardio only...got my 30 minutes on the treadmill done, showered and headed to my tax guy and got the dirty deed done. During my time there it started snowing...and snowing heavy. It is still snowing along with winds sustained in the 20mph range and gusts to 35. It is a heavy, wet snow... nasty driving.
Yeah, my trip to the gym wasn't very pleasant today. It's about a 7 minute walk from my office to where I park. Not fun when it's cold and/or raining. They really need to build a parking ramp here.

Oh well, time to go home, so I get to make the trek again.

ScottC
04-12-2007, 01:06 PM
My leg day has been switched to tomorrow...as long as my son goes to school. It was rather hard getting him up this morning, not like him at all (even when he is sick). When he finally came out and I was talking with him he didn't look right. As I was questioning him he started to have a meltdown. He only does this when he is have a strong "wave" or period of seizure activity. Much isn't visable to us, but he can feel it, and he can't express himself. Usually once it passes, all is well. Today, when it ended he didn't want to go to school, which is very unlike him...he loves school.

So, I did my arm workout at home and I will get my cardio in when my wife gets home. Not much to report on my modified arm workout. I just hope he goes to school tomorrow. I really want to get in my leg workout, especially since I had to miss it last week.

Not much else to report right now...

JaeGee
04-12-2007, 03:10 PM
hope the arm workout went well, and everything goes smoothly tomorrow with the leg workout. friday legs, what ever will you do!

ScottC
04-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Today's Leg workout went pretty well. I had JaeGee's slow start since I missed doing legs last week. I was thinking it was going to be a long day when my first set of leg presses were torture, but I still knocked out the 10 max @ 495#. I did 10 reps in my second set, making me a bit cocky that I was going to max out set three and go up in weight...well, I missed it by one rep. It was all I could do to get 9 reps in. My leg extensions and leg curls only added to my leg's misery. Finished my calf extensions and after abs headed to the treadmill for some much needed agony. All in all it was a good leg w/o! :D

Looking forward to steak & potato for dinner. Not a cheat, it's part of my meal plan for Friday's. :)

Tomorrow is cardio only...maybe. My wife is out of town until tomorrow night and I am not sure if my son will do well in the fitness center at the apt. complex. I'll figure it out tomorrow...

JaeGee
04-13-2007, 06:42 PM
glad you had a good leg workout. legs are always gruesome to lift since they are such a damn dense muscle. i bet we are both going to have some pretty bad DOMS for the next few days having missed last weeks leg day :)

hope the cardio goes well tomorrow, have a good weekend.

Quickxi
04-13-2007, 09:08 PM
glad you had a good leg workout. legs are always gruesome to lift since they are such a damn dense muscle. i bet we are both going to have some pretty bad DOMS for the next few days having missed last weeks leg day :)

hope the cardio goes well tomorrow, have a good weekend.

Oh boy, you two are gonna be waddling for sure! :) LOL! Sore legs suck!

ScottC
04-14-2007, 06:46 AM
Oh boy, you two are gonna be waddling for sure! :) LOL! Sore legs suck!
HEY! Who you callin a 'waddler', you waddler you!

:D

So far, the legs aren't too bad. We'll see about later in the day.

SeanDon
04-14-2007, 07:39 AM
Hey Scott, just checking in on your thread :P Looks like you're goin strong. Can't wait to see some progress pics

ScottC
04-15-2007, 08:02 AM
While I wish I could have found this site a year ago, and learned what I have since September, including finding & working with Michael Elias, I cannot turn back time and do it again.

It was a year ago this week that I finally got sick & tired of being sick & tired of myself. I couldn't stand the way I looked anymore, nor any of the recurring physical ailments associated with being FAT. I weighed 264 1/4lbs when I walked into Weight Watchers. I have made numerous posts about WW, so I won't write more about it. As I saw progress on the scale, my cardio increased and soon enough, weight training followed. Then came bb.com & joining a gym. Late January I started on Team Torture and I am almost finished with my first 12 weeks. As of last Mondays 'official' weigh-in, I have lost 79.85lbs. My BF is going down nicely, and Michael says my numbers look good.

I look forward to working with Michael for a while and achieving my goals. Last summer I looked better than I had in a few years. This summer I will look better than I have in many years, and by next summer I will be in the best shape of my life.

Thanks to everyone for reading my posts and giving me suggestions. I appreciate it a lot. :)

SeanDon
04-15-2007, 11:00 AM
While I wish I could have found this site a year ago, and learned what I have since September, including finding & working with Michael Elias, I cannot turn back time and do it again.

It was a year ago this week that I finally got sick & tired of being sick & tired of myself. I couldn't stand the way I looked anymore, nor any of the recurring physical ailments associated with being FAT. I weighed 264 1/4lbs when I walked into Weight Watchers. I have made numerous posts about WW, so I won't write more about it. As I saw progress on the scale, my cardio increased and soon enough, weight training followed. Then came bb.com & joining a gym. Late January I started on Team Torture and I am almost finished with my first 12 weeks. As of last Mondays 'official' weigh-in, I have lost 79.85lbs. My BF is going down nicely, and Michael says my numbers look good.

I look forward to working with Michael for a while and achieving my goals. Last summer I looked better than I had in a few years. This summer I will look better than I have in many years, and by next summer I will be in the best shape of my life.

Thanks to everyone for reading my posts and giving me suggestions. I appreciate it a lot. :)

Damn man, 80lbs is no joke. (if you won't round up, i will, lol). It's people like you that stick with it over the long term that make people like me feel much better about their situation, knowing that even if it takes a couple years for the initial fatloss/looking good part, it'll all be worth it.

I can't tell you how happy i'll be the day i decide its officially time to do a clean bulk. Holy shat. You getting close to that yet?

ScottC
04-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Damn man, 80lbs is no joke. (if you won't round up, i will, lol). It's people like you that stick with it over the long term that make people like me feel much better about their situation, knowing that even if it takes a couple years for the initial fatloss/looking good part, it'll all be worth it.

I can't tell you how happy i'll be the day i decide its officially time to do a clean bulk. Holy shat. You getting close to that yet?
Thanks for the kind words. Since I lost much of that weight in a less than healthy manner, I will cut for a while longer. When Michael thinks the numbers are right for a bulk, then that will be the time.

Workout update:
I did forget to add that at about 2a.m. I got up to go to the bathroom, and all of the sudden my leg DOMS hit. I was shocked at the delayed action ability of them DOMS to strike when I least expected it!!! :D

Quickxi
04-15-2007, 03:28 PM
you cannot escape the Waddlers Club!!!! MWHAHAHA!!! ;)

ScottC
04-15-2007, 03:44 PM
you cannot escape the Waddlers Club!!!! MWHAHAHA!!! ;)
:eek: NO!!!!

:D

ScottC
04-16-2007, 10:14 AM
I have been realy short on time today: woke up later than usual, urgent issue with my son regarding school, so I did a modified chest/shoulders/abs at home, will do cardio later, have to leave for my son's school soon for a meeting.

Anyways....here are this weeks numbers:

*Weigh-in: 183.4lbs

Last weeks weight: 184.4 (-183.4=1lb)

*Loss since start: 20.6lbs

More later when I get some time....

JaeGee
04-16-2007, 10:34 AM
Nice weigh in Scott! What is your ideal weight going to be again?

Hope the workout was good eventhough you were a bit rushed, I love my chest days!

And I'm still waddling :( Damn legs!

Quickxi
04-16-2007, 10:12 PM
congrats on the weight loss. Sorry to hear that your day was so disorganized...

-Aaron-
04-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Would you recommend this regiment for a beginner Scott?

ScottC
04-17-2007, 12:37 PM
Nice weigh in Scott! What is your ideal weight going to be again?

Hope the workout was good eventhough you were a bit rushed, I love my chest days!

And I'm still waddling :( Damn legs!
I don't have an ideal weight at the moment. When Michael feels I have lost enough fat, I would like to do a clean bulk for a while, then a small cut.

Workout was pretty good. I just realized I didn't do a follow up...:o I was way too mentally stressed out yesterday. A little better today...still busy though.

Would you recommend this regiment for a beginner Scott?
What do you mean "beginner?" New to lifting, or just to the whole diet & exercise plan in combination? I don't see why not. I would suggest you email Michael and ask your question stating your level.
http://www.michaelelias.com/

I will update yesterday's and today's workout after I pick my son up from school.

-Aaron-
04-17-2007, 12:41 PM
I don't have an ideal weight at the moment. When Michael feels I have lost enough fat, I would like to do a clean bulk for a while, then a small cut.

Workout was pretty good. I just realized I didn't do a follow up...:o I was way too mentally stressed out yesterday. A little better today...still busy though.

What do you mean "beginner?" New to lifting, or just to the whole diet & exercise plan in combination? I don't see why not. I would suggest you email Michael and ask your question stating your level.
http://www.michaelelias.com/

I will update yesterday's and today's workout after I pick my son up from school.

Thank you for all your help Scott. :)

ScottC
04-17-2007, 05:44 PM
As I posted yesterday, some rather urgent issues came up which needed to be taken care of in the morning, so I did a modified chest & shoulders workout from home. I was waiting to do cardio at night, but I was so mentally exhausted from multiple trips to my son's school, and phone calls to my son's doctor's office in Chicago, so I just vegged out at home. The workout went well, and I am feeling it today. It is good I have a chin bar and ab straps, so I can do my hanging leg raises at home.

Today, some issues regarding the hospital in Chicago needed follow up calls, and the hospital's scheduling department was calling, so I did my back workout at home too. I did knock out the treadmill so I did not miss again. Today was a better mental day, and all calls are coming through my cell phone, so I feel better I won't miss an important call. I again modified my back w/o like I did a couple of weeks ago, with some twists. I once again did pull-ups, but when done with a set, I supersetted by doing a reverse narrow(er) grip pull-up. It went pretty well.

Tomorrow is a Cardio Only day...