PDA

View Full Version : Does your opinion on Kobe/Lebron have any correlation to your opinion on Peyton/Brady

Scorer
07-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Everyone can appreciate that these players are the best in their sport (or close to it). But if you are an NFL fan and an NBA fan, you probably have a clear preference when prompted:

Kobe or Lebron?

Peyton or Brady?

It would seem that there might be some correlation, people either like Peyton and Lebron (stat guys), or Brady and Kobe (winners) (I realize Peyton has a ring, but Brady is generally considered a winner, and Peyton just threw a pick six at a key point in a super bowl loss, so bear with me.)

I thought of this when I realized I like Kobe and Peyton over Brady and Lebron, which seemed like a logical disconnect to me.

neelb_24
07-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Seems like most Kobe fans prefer Brady...

Coincidence that both have the most rings???

(I chose Kobe/Peyton)

Daewoo_Lanos
07-17-2010, 04:08 PM
lebron and peyton.

sparkblade
07-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Kobe and Peyton.

El_El_Tres
07-17-2010, 05:39 PM
My correlation goes as far as this,

Kobe and Brady win. This is proven.

LBJ and Manning... well not so much. Regular season records compared to playoffs.

Greg1983
07-17-2010, 09:00 PM
Winners respect Kobe and Brady. People who get through life with excuses every day root for the other guys.

nickrut
07-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Kobe/Manning.

Lebron relies completely on his athleticism to win whereas kobe uses more skill and is craftier.

Manning is just all around better. Brady won championships on the shoulders of great defenses and has records due to having randy moss in his prime-ish, on a ridiculous offense. Manning does more for his team than arguably any QB ever.

robogain
07-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Winners respect Kobe and Brady. People who get through life with excuses every day root for the other guys.

thats like saying u would prefer trent dilfer over dan marino... fail

its50
07-17-2010, 09:53 PM
Kobe + Peyton

I do not count Brady's rings as legitimate.

http://www.ducksportsnews.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/patriots_spygate_logo.gif

BeanieWells
07-17-2010, 09:54 PM
http://www.manningface.com/images/1195536251_peyton.jpg

http://www.manningface.com/images/1195277118_sorgi_peyton.jpg

http://www.manningface.com/images/1262326565_peyton_jets.jpg

http://www.manningface.com/images/1265671483_peyton.jpg

http://www.manningface.com/images/1265615403_peyton.jpg

cor030
07-17-2010, 09:57 PM
man when are people going to start giving Brees some respect?

Greg1983
07-17-2010, 11:31 PM
thats like saying u would prefer trent dilfer over dan marino... fail

Why so tucking mad?

Best QB in the league at the moment. Not on par with the others as far as careers go though... yet.

Negatron617
07-17-2010, 11:34 PM
nooooooo

i would hope logic comes into play

Indians79
07-17-2010, 11:44 PM
Kobe/Brady, because everyone knows the best Manning plays for NYG.

ajn
07-17-2010, 11:50 PM
hmm.. i see the correlation. Lebron and Peyton were both hyped up coming into the league and were basically given the reigns from the start. Kobe and Brady started out on the bench and had to prove themselves. Kobe/Brady have won a lot, Lebron/Peyton not so much.

with that said, Kobe/Peyton. Brady is a phaggot.

nickrut
07-17-2010, 11:55 PM
hmm.. i see the correlation. Lebron and Peyton were both hyped up coming into the league and were basically given the reigns from the start. Kobe and Brady started out on the bench and had to prove themselves. Kobe/Brady have won a lot, Lebron/Peyton not so much.

with that said, Kobe/Peyton. Brady is a phaggot.

Manning has a ring and has like the best regular seasons in recent memory (i know regular season means dick, but he's been on average teams and carried them to 12-13 win seasons), so he's had a decent share of winning.

Both Kobe and Brady have benefited from very good organizations and teams (no kobe hater, actually a fan) so its hard to objectively rate their ability to carry a team.

SpiderSense
07-18-2010, 03:32 AM
Peyton Manning is a choke.

Rusty on my Manning stats but pretty sure he has more TO's than TD's in the Super Bowl.

DatMilkman
07-18-2010, 06:01 AM
Manning is a choke artist who's only ring came vs. the weakest Super Bowl team of the last 20 years. Brady gets dem rings.

Ecnewyx
07-18-2010, 06:52 AM
Kobe and Peyton.

Ecnewyx
07-18-2010, 06:54 AM

I respect Brady's accomplishments. But far and away I consider Peyton the better QB.

Ace50
07-18-2010, 06:59 AM
Kobe/Peyton

Kobe still tops in the League, and led team to back-to-back NBA championships. 5 rings, MVP, Mr. Do It All. Huge Drive and Determination. Lebron is no doubt a force to be reckoned with, produces in the regular season and 2x MVP. Not really sold with him in the Playoffs and IMO his stats are inflated because the system in Cleveland. Will wait till later to compare legacies, but as of now Kobe Reigns supreme.

Peyton consistently produces every season. Can't really bring the Rings Argument here because Football is the most Team Determined Sport there is. Peyton still isn't ringless tho. Also shares a huge drive and determination like Kobe by being a mastermind of the game. Don't hate Brady Either, he's got great credentials as well, just think Peyton is a better QB IMO.

CarpeD1em500
07-18-2010, 07:00 AM
Kobe + Brady here.

I fcking hate Peyton. Brady seems like a guy that just doesn't give a fcuk and knows he's the ****. Peyton tries too hard to be all media friendly and never gets anything done on the field.

Plus we both tore our ACLs the same week. So I give him credit for coming back because I know what that is like.

Ecnewyx
07-18-2010, 08:35 AM
I fcking hate Peyton. Brady seems like a guy that just doesn't give a fcuk and knows he's the ****. Peyton tries too hard to be all media friendly and never gets anything done on the field.

lolwut?

Peyton is going to go down in history as the greatest QB of all time (statistically) and in the argument for the greatest QB of all time (overall).

I'd rather be Brady though. Bang hot bishes.

Bowyermania
07-18-2010, 08:42 AM
Brett Favre ftw

CarpeD1em500
07-18-2010, 09:13 AM
lolwut?

Peyton is going to go down in history as the greatest QB of all time (statistically) and in the argument for the greatest QB of all time (overall).

I'd rather be Brady though. Bang hot bishes.

Oh lawrd please tell me you're joking.

you must be one of those "LeBron will be the GOAT at the end of his career, regardless of his rings" people.

Without the one stat that matters, other stats are irrelevant.

Championships: xx

Jdizzle24
07-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Kobe and Peyton.

Ecnewyx
07-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Oh lawrd please tell me you're joking.

you must be one of those "LeBron will be the GOAT at the end of his career, regardless of his rings" people.

Without the one stat that matters, other stats are irrelevant.

Championships: xx

Did you miss the part where I said he'd finish as the GOAT statistically, and that he'd be in the argument overall?

Do you disagree that based solely on stats he's likely to finish as the best QB of all time? Do you disagree that, in looking at his entire body of work, including championships, he's in the argument as the best QB of all-time? I've never heard anyone rank Peyton out of the top 10 of all time. That's "in the argument".

I'll also point out that Peyton does in fact have a championship. Something LeBron does not.

Strong reading comprehension by you.

--

Edit:

I'll also point out for your benefit that I am being sarcastic and in fact your reading comprehension sucks.

Scorer
07-18-2010, 11:23 AM

I agree that Brees clearly took the "Best QB in the league" title with last season's super bowl win.

CarpeD1em500
07-18-2010, 02:30 PM
zip zap zam

I understood what you meant brah. Thanks for the edit however, without which I might not have understood you were being sarcastic.

My point was that his lone championship takes him out of that argument in my opinion, because that is a statistic in itself, and the most important statistic. If he had 3, hell if he even had 2, I'd put him there. But you can put up all the numbers you want, until you have some chips in there to back them up, you aren't, in my opinion, the goat of anything, even stats.