PDA

View Full Version : NCAA about to house UNC Football

dirtdickens
07-16-2010, 04:57 AM
Not looking good for Butch and his boys. Sucks cause I liked their defense a lot, but at the same time the two players in question were leans to Notre Dame, Little was a commit and then went to UNC out of nowhere.

@schadjoe UNC DL Marvin Austin was asked why he was seen driving the vehicle of 49er Kentwan Balmer and if he stayed at Balmer's apartment about an hour ago

@BFeldmanESPN Tar Heel NCAA investigation: “Hectic” agent activity surrounding UNC football program. http://tinyurl.com/26og774 about an hour ago

@schadjoe UNC players were asked by the NCAA who was paying for their rent. about 2 hours ago

@schadjoe Marvin Austin was asked by the NCAA who paid for his recent trip to Miami. And players were asked about travel. about 2 hours ago

@schadjoe UNC football players were asked by the NCAA to provide phone records to prove which agents they had spoken with. about 2 hours ago

Who is the UNC fan here? Whats the deal with this?

SwagMorris
07-16-2010, 04:58 AM
**** my life

edit: depending when the investigation is concluded or whatever, Marvin Austin could be suspended for the season.

Bowyermania
07-16-2010, 05:04 AM
I live how the NCAA can make hundreds of millions of dollars off these athletes every year but if they get a $5 dollar cover charge at a club waived or have someone give them tickets to a NFL game, the league come down on them. It's bullsh*t.

dirtdickens
07-16-2010, 05:10 AM
I live how the NCAA can make hundreds of millions of dollars off these athletes every year but if they get a $5 dollar cover charge at a club waived or have someone give them tickets to a NFL game, the league come down on them. It's bullsh*t.

Well, show me where someone got lit up for not having to pay a $5 cover charge because they were an athlete.

The NCAA hasn't done anything to anyone in a long time, in fact most people considered them to be a joke until they DESTROYED USC.

With regards to UNC, this is serious stuff, not some tickets to an NFL game. I guess you would like people to go 1990's Miami style and buy titles?

dirtdickens
07-16-2010, 05:12 AM
**** my life

edit: depending when the investigation is concluded or whatever, Marvin Austin could be suspended for the season.

This legit or some BS another team pointed the NCAA to?

BrettT07
07-16-2010, 05:18 AM
Damn. I was liking them for this year

fly4navy117
07-16-2010, 05:20 AM

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/984132.html

Bowyermania
07-16-2010, 05:27 AM
Well, show me where someone got lit up for not having to pay a $5 cover charge because they were an athlete.

The NCAA hasn't done anything to anyone in a long time, in fact most people considered them to be a joke until they DESTROYED USC.

With regards to UNC, this is serious stuff, not some tickets to an NFL game. I guess you would like people to go 1990's Miami style and buy titles?

Actually Tennessee is currently under investigation because a couple of thier football players got thier cover charge waived and got let into the VIP section of a club.

SwagMorris
07-16-2010, 05:33 AM

The head of the investigations committee was at Miami when Davis was coach there and is still bitter about about Davis leaving. Stuffs probably legit though

mtomjr14
07-16-2010, 05:37 AM
lol so the ncaa will really investigate for a cover charge being waived?

that sh|t happens all the time in gainesville.

fly4navy117
07-16-2010, 05:37 AM
Actually Tennessee is currently under investigation because a couple of thier football players got thier cover charge waived and got let into the VIP section of a club.
That whole bar fight thing is just making matters a whole lot worse in Knoxville.

BrettT07
07-16-2010, 05:40 AM
lol so the ncaa will really investigate for a cover charge being waived?

that sh|t happens all the time in gainesville.

Reported.

(no srs)

mtomjr14
07-16-2010, 05:57 AM
Reported.

(no srs)

lulz i bet the ncaa could get every school for that if they really wanted to

SwagMorris
07-16-2010, 06:03 AM
lulz i bet the ncaa could get every school for that if they really wanted to

I have a couple friends who played for BYU and they got stuff all the time. Free meals, free clothes, walked into stores said they played for BYU and got discounts. Little stuff but still, at BYU, the strictest school in the nation that stuff was going on. And my friends weren't even that good.

dirtdickens
07-16-2010, 06:07 AM

I think that had more to do with 17 players bveing involved and a fight that left some cops beat up.

dirtdickens
07-16-2010, 06:09 AM
I have a couple friends who played for BYU and they got stuff all the time. Free meals, free clothes, walked into stores said they played for BYU and got discounts. Little stuff but still, at BYU, the strictest school in the nation that stuff was going on. And my friends weren't even that good.

Clarret got a car from the same dealership that Tressel gets his free cars from. I dont know how they got out of it, but out of all of the dealerships in Columbus, MoC happens to find the same dealership about a 20-30 minute drive from campus, that Tressel gets hooked up at.

NCAA investigated twice and found nothing.

IraHays
07-16-2010, 06:14 AM

Reps.

NCAA = slave labor.

thegenerel
07-16-2010, 06:38 AM
Reps.

NCAA = slave labor.

the players deserve a reasonable monthly stipend, but playing D1 football is anything but slave labor.

IraHays
07-16-2010, 06:44 AM
the players deserve a reasonable monthly stipend, but playing D1 football is anything but slave labor.

It's a billion dollar industry, coaches and schools get paid millions and the actual talent get's the smallest share.

It's hilarious that the coach being paid $4 million per season has to tell his players they can't get a part time job. lulz.

J_L_R
07-16-2010, 06:44 AM
I knew this was coming, I can't remember the recruits name out of South Carolina right now, but back when we(VOLS) were being investigated about hostesses attending their football games, it was revealed that one of the recruits had stated that UNC pays their defensive lineman. Not sure how true it is, but I guess we will find out.

macmoney
07-16-2010, 07:07 AM
Hope it dosn't effect there play for this year! They look like they would be a fun team to watch

btw, they already get free scholarships, and tons of other benefits like an opportunity to go to the NFL. Don't see why people hate on the NCAA for making money when the players are making money off it to.

97srad750
07-16-2010, 07:36 AM

Amongst other things

97srad750
07-16-2010, 07:39 AM
I knew this was coming, I can't remember the recruits name out of South Carolina right now, but back when we(VOLS) were being investigated about hostesses attending their football games, it was revealed that one of the recruits had stated that UNC pays their defensive lineman. Not sure how true it is, but I guess we will find out.

Corey Miller and Brandon Willis. Brandon Willis jumped ship when Kiffin left. And Miller made comments on facebook about UNC offering him money. Miller stayed at Tenn

97srad750
07-16-2010, 08:31 AM
I think that had more to do with 17 players bveing involved and a fight that left some cops beat up.

That and the bar owner on the news saying they frequently give the UT players the VIP treatment. Of course that will throw up a red flag to the NCAA

97srad750
07-16-2010, 08:32 AM
This is from Austins tweeter

"Man life is good, free Sh*t everywhere. Free trips to Miami, free SUV, cash money. Gotta love Bratton. Wink, Wink"

Taken from another board, so I don't want to fully say it's legit cause it does have over the top sarcastic tone to it

Erik2806
07-16-2010, 08:43 AM
lol..marv austin has underachieved for how high he was ranked, wasnt he the top DT in his class? not saying he wont be good in the nfl though..

niospecv
07-16-2010, 08:49 AM
They're gonna have a monster defense in which numerous players are NFL caliber.

SwagMorris
07-16-2010, 09:53 AM
This is from Austins tweeter

"Man life is good, free Sh*t everywhere. Free trips to Miami, free SUV, cash money. Gotta love Bratton. Wink, Wink"

Taken from another board, so I don't want to fully say it's legit cause it does have over the top sarcastic tone to it

WTF? Yeah if he was actually dumb enough to say **** like that, then I hope he gets suspended. Sounds fake though.

SwagMorris
07-16-2010, 10:06 AM
So the only thing I've been able to gather is it is not a recruiting violation and no penalties against the program. Austin and Little were interviewed and may not be the ones in trouble. The are from UNC boards so take it for what it's worth. Most fans are worried and pissed though. Others didn't even know who Austin is and can't wait for basketball season anyway.

AriGhold
07-16-2010, 10:31 AM

don't act like athlete's don't get paid. a lot of these players wouldn't even dream of going to college if it wasn't for sports. they get full paid tuition, free tutors and a pretty much guaranteed track for success in school with very little effort, a place to live for free with all their teammates and friends, an unlimited food plan, tons of free shoes, clothes, gear from whoever sponsors the team, stuff for getting to a bowl game, etc, etc. these guys easily get $100,000+ in free **** over for years at big schools... don't act like they are so unfairly treated.

SwagMorris
07-16-2010, 11:47 AM
http://www.tarheelfanblog.com/2010/07/what-we-know-this-afternoon/

fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

stnicka
07-16-2010, 11:56 AM
http://www.tarheelfanblog.com/2010/07/what-we-know-this-afternoon/

fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

lol, and maybe even a bentley or 2

SwagMorris
07-16-2010, 12:29 PM
lol, and maybe even a bentley or 2

Accepting these benefits and tweeting about them is pure genius

97srad750
07-16-2010, 03:02 PM

It's not looking good for the Heels.

There have been rumors swirling about John Blake, they better hope the NCAA doesn't look into that while they are already investigating.

chlaxman
07-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

MtnJax
07-16-2010, 03:38 PM

No one ever said UNC recruited the smartest of people...

CarpeD1em500
07-16-2010, 04:12 PM
As far as I'm concerned, from an alumni...they can straight up cancel the entire football program as long as Roy cuts down the nets every 5 years or so.

This casts a black eye on the university though. Not good.

daniel102292
07-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Noooooooooooooooo

97srad750
07-17-2010, 05:15 AM
If they hammered USC for one guy, look out for the punishment when it's upwards of 13

Tyler44
07-17-2010, 05:50 AM
Clarret got a car from the same dealership that Tressel gets his free cars from. I dont know how they got out of it, but out of all of the dealerships in Columbus, MoC happens to find the same dealership about a 20-30 minute drive from campus, that Tressel gets hooked up at.

NCAA investigated twice and found nothing.

See, this is an example of how people need to keep their mouths shut and the investigators get nothing. Buckeyes leading the pack again.

dirtdickens
07-17-2010, 07:02 AM
If they hammered USC for one guy, look out for the punishment when it's upwards of 13

They fell under the repeat offenders category and they didnt do anything to help themselves during the investigation. This is a little different.

Backus24
07-17-2010, 07:27 AM
See, this is an example of how people need to keep their mouths shut and the investigators get nothing. Buckeyes leading the pack again.

Or you could tweet about it to millions

chlaxman
07-17-2010, 07:31 AM
They fell under the repeat offenders category and they didnt do anything to help themselves during the investigation. This is a little different.

NCAA also said USC should have known about the Bush issue and they didn't have institutional control.

The UNC stuff happened this summer and revolves around a trip to Miami.

Tyler44
07-17-2010, 07:41 AM
Or you could tweet about it to millions

that is obviously the better life decision

tarheelblue0378
07-17-2010, 07:43 AM
awesome

HeyShutUp
07-17-2010, 07:51 AM
tarheel "fans" are the biggest kinds of ***gots anyway. all youll hear from 99.999999% of them is "lul who cares bout football anyway UNC BASKETBALL is the only thing that matters to us" trust me

bandwagoning ***s

chlaxman
07-17-2010, 07:58 AM
tarheel "fans" are the biggest kinds of ***gots anyway. all youll hear from 99.999999% of them is "lul who cares bout football anyway UNC BASKETBALL is the only thing that matters to us" trust me

bandwagoning ***s

Ummmm that's called apathy, not bandwaggoning.

Nice try though

SwagMorris
07-17-2010, 08:21 AM

bandwagoning ***s

Hey, shut up.

CarpeD1em500
07-17-2010, 08:25 AM

bandwagoning ***s

Never played a down of football in my life, logged well over 500 officiated games, well over 1000 total games of basketball in my life.

And I graduated in May.

So no, I just dont give a **** about football in general. Pls go.

PatrickBateman1
07-17-2010, 08:35 AM
NCAA also said USC should have known about the Bush issue and they didn't have institutional control.

The UNC stuff happened this summer and revolves around a trip to Miami.

Honesty hurts, doesn't it? :D

But seriously, I don't see OSU getting hit with anything, as much as I despise them, Tressel runs too tight of a program to get in trouble.

Dirk knows whatsup and we've both seen the situations first hand (him and a bit of a higher level). However, coming from one of the top bball schools, I found it very amusing that our players were all driving Escalades and Rovers.

It's everywhere, but it's all about who has the NCAA on their ass and who's being a dumbass about it (*cough* Sampson *cough*)

matiemcgee123
07-17-2010, 08:40 AM
wooooo hooo haters gunaa hate

jclarsen
07-17-2010, 08:50 AM
the ncaa is run by 'tards.

HeyShutUp
07-17-2010, 10:23 AM
^^ told you.

tarheel fans are among the biggest bandwagoners ever. theyll all act like they didnt care when they were all ready to talk **** to duke/state fans about ****ty ass tarheel football. morons

HeyShutUp
07-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Never played a down of football in my life, logged well over 500 officiated games, well over 1000 total games of basketball in my life.

And I graduated in May.

So no, I just dont give a **** about football in general. Pls go.

Carolina fan and a Kobe fan lul. yeah your opinion about sports really matters. I'm sure you like the Yankees too douche

CarpeD1em500
07-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Carolina fan and a Kobe fan lul. yeah your opinion about sports really matters. I'm sure you like the Yankees too douche

I'm...an alum. Wtf are you talking about?

and lol i just wanna put this out there:

(a) I went to middle and high school in new york. Graduated HS in 2005. To be clear, I don't like baseball at all, but with that in mind, if I WERE to like Baseball, I'd probably root for the Yankees. Because I lived there. Problem? No.

(b) I was born on August 23rd. Guess who else was? ... Kobe Bryant. Now, couple that with the fact that he's my third favorite player of all time, behind Jordan and Iverson, and the fact that he's the only one of those 3 still playing, and yes, he's my favorite current player. Problem? No.

(c) I graduated from UNC Chapel Hill in May. I'll show you my ****ing cap and gown if you want.

To summarize, yes, I am a Carolina fan that really only cares about basketball, love Kobe, and would have a reason to like the Yankees. So blow me.

SwagMorris
07-17-2010, 10:58 AM
^^ told you.

tarheel fans are among the biggest bandwagoners ever. theyll all act like they didnt care when they were all ready to talk **** to duke/state fans about ****ty ass tarheel football. morons

Must be a state fan

chlaxman
07-17-2010, 11:16 AM
^^ told you.

It's pretty easy to talk **** about Duke and State football.

chlaxman
07-17-2010, 11:17 AM
Must be a state fan

LOL jealousy rears it's ugly head

tmc.
07-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Butch Davis running a dirty program?

What?!??!?!??!

chlaxman
07-17-2010, 11:32 AM

What?!??!?!??!

In all fairness to Butch he ran the U during the cleanup years not the dirty years.

SwagMorris
07-17-2010, 11:37 AM

What?!??!?!??!

From what we know, all the accusations are against some players, not the program.

SwagMorris
07-17-2010, 11:42 AM
“I saw Deunta’s name being mentioned a page or two ago as (potentially) one of the players under scrutiny. I’m pretty good friends with him, just talked to him about 5 minutes ago, and this is 100% not the case. To be honest, I was intentionally not asking him about anything pertaining to this NCAA investigation because I know that 1. he can’t and won’t say and 2. it would be pretty crappy as a friend for me to hound him about it. But he did offer the fact that the mood is upbeat and positive and that people in the know at UNC seem confident that this will be resolved in our favor,

I’m not pretending to have an inside source or that I have any new, breaking news or information. Just wanted to pass this along as a ‘FWIW’.”

jclarsen
07-18-2010, 12:26 AM
^^ told you.

i graduated from unc in '08. you dumb as fuk cuzz

97srad750
07-18-2010, 02:27 PM
They are sniffing around my Gamecocks now also. Our starting TE Wes Saunders was apparently on the Miami trip also.

97srad750
08-26-2010, 12:44 PM
As I understand they are having a press conference this afternoon to announce several academic infractions separate from the original topic.

Found a link

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/996024.html

jclarsen
08-26-2010, 01:08 PM
lol looks like i wont go to the unc/lsu game...

armin the night before and the tailgate should be fun tho.

97srad750
08-26-2010, 01:29 PM
As few as 6 as many as 12 involved. Includes standouts. No names released yet

Couple tweets on it

RT @joeovies: Barnes of @InsideCarolina told us "we've heard as few as 6, as many as 12' #UNC players involved in #NCAA violations"

Diesel wrote that the NCAA found it in the text messages that were turned over from the players.

Quote:
UNC is investigating if approximately 9 players including standouts had papers written by a former tutor /via @schadjoe

Quote:
BFeldmanESPN

RT @dennisdoddcbs UNC-LSU still on the board per LV Sprts Consultnts (UNC by 1). Some 'books have pulled over-under win total lines for UNC
28 minutes ago via web

Quote:
RT @sbeckwral: UNC has closed today's practice, and canceled media availability with Coach Butch Davis today.

tarheelblue0378
08-26-2010, 01:47 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/Skint/213ezj7.gif

97srad750
08-26-2010, 01:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/Skint/213ezj7.gif

Are you hearing anything other then what's been put up or is it something like this

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s190/97srad750/noooo1.gif

tarheelblue0378
08-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Are you hearing anything other then what's been put up or is it something like this

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s19097srad750/noooo1.gif

Pretty much what was posted above.

chlaxman
08-26-2010, 03:45 PM
News conference with the chancellor around 7:30. We gonna get raped

tarheelblue0378
08-26-2010, 04:03 PM
News conference with the chancellor around 7:30. We gonna get raped

What station?

97srad750
08-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Espn is reporting the three stars of the defense are included

Quinn, Carter, and Austin

tarheelblue0378
08-26-2010, 04:46 PM
press conference sounds like just a bunch of BSing and dodging the issue. lol

kyleTX
08-26-2010, 04:48 PM
press conference sounds like just a bunch of BSing and dodging the issue. lol

yeah, I just wasted my time watching 5 minutes of it

NoCreativity
08-26-2010, 05:36 PM
copy/paste

Notes from press conference:

-This is potentially quite major and UNC might be losing a lot of players.

-The tutor did work as a nanny or tutor for head coach Butch Davis, tutoring or nannying his son.

-UNC learned of the infractions through joint interviews with the NCAA. That means they might be unable to claim they self reported.

-Carolina is a serious academic school and the honor code might require, independently of the NCAA, that the players be expelled.

-The investigation concerns the majority of the UNC starting defense and some offensive players.

-The investigation is still in the early stages. It is unlikely to wrap up soon and is unlikely that the players will play during the investigation.

-Heads will roll if necessary. The Carolina way will not be compromised.

tmc.
08-26-2010, 05:37 PM
From what we know, all the accusations are against some players, not the program.

c'mon now cuzzzz

yall naive

bmy-
08-26-2010, 05:43 PM
2 starting CBs are kicked off the team.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/13826589/unc-kicks-brown-burney-off-team-as-investigation-widens

chlaxman
08-26-2010, 05:44 PM
copy/paste

Notes from press conference:

-This is potentially quite major and UNC might be losing a lot of players.

-The tutor did work as a nanny or tutor for head coach Butch Davis, tutoring or nannying his son.

-UNC learned of the infractions through joint interviews with the NCAA. That means they might be unable to claim they self reported.

-Carolina is a serious academic school and the honor code might require, independently of the NCAA, that the players be expelled.

-The investigation concerns the majority of the UNC starting defense and some offensive players.

-The investigation is still in the early stages. It is unlikely to wrap up soon and is unlikely that the players will play during the investigation.

-Heads will roll if necessary. The Carolina way will not be compromised.

The only good thing that could come of this is Yates gets kicked off the team.

:D

But really...UNC football I am disappoint

SwagMorris
08-26-2010, 06:09 PM
2 starting CBs are kicked off the team.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/13826589/unc-kicks-brown-burney-off-team-as-investigation-widens

U must be estatic. :D

SwagMorris
08-26-2010, 06:14 PM
c'mon now cuzzzz

yall naive

Apparently

bmy-
08-26-2010, 06:19 PM
U must be estatic. :D

i'm pretty bummed actually. i was thinking UNC would be a good measuring stick of how much our offense has improved

SwagMorris
08-26-2010, 09:19 PM
i'm pretty bummed actually. i was thinking UNC would be a good measuring stick of how much our offense has improved

Via Kendrick Burney's twitter account 2 hours ago.

Hitting the bed...class in the morning then practice in the afternoon

Either dudes been hijacked, is in denial, or like what usually happens.... the media spreads rumors to get a read. Not saying anything is or isn't true, just saying I'll wait till next Saturday to see who plays, and even then, that means nothing about who's getting suspended.... apparently.

97srad750
09-08-2010, 07:57 AM
http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/09/08/669814/former-unc-associate-coach-had.html

Not that it was looking good for UNC. It seems they have a strong case for lack of institutional control.

SwagMorris
09-08-2010, 08:28 AM
http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/09/08/669814/former-unc-associate-coach-had.html

Not that it was looking good for UNC. It seems they have a strong case for lack of institutional control.

Consequences will never be the same