PDA

View Full Version : I'm A Big Money Mayweather Fan, But Am I The Only One That..

F.A.M.E.
07-15-2010, 09:45 PM
Is so fukin' fed up with both of them not fukin' comin' to an agreement, that I don't even give a fuk about this fight as much as I used to.

zbrownlee
07-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Well they were saying his last 5 fights ended in decision and hes worried hes losing it and doesnt want to have a loss on his record

Daewoo_Lanos
07-15-2010, 09:51 PM
he's a fuking pussy who doesn't want to get beat down by an angry asian, since only blacks and mexicans are supposed to be good fighters.

manny agreed to testing until the day of the fight. he did everything asked for him and there's still no fight.

floyd is a coward. fuk off and rot. you'll be broke before you're 50.

mdmass06
07-15-2010, 09:53 PM
yep i no longer give a fukk..they just screwed boxing...well actually floyd just screwed boxing

F.A.M.E.
07-15-2010, 09:54 PM
he's a fuking pussy who doesn't want to get beat down by an angry asian, since only blacks and mexicans are supposed to be good fighters.

manny agreed to testing until the day of the fight. he did everything asked for him and there's still no fight.

lulz, why you mad tho?

The Mayweather Camp said there hasn't even been negotiations. Don't just blame it on Floyd. It's both their asses that tried to call the shots. IMO, both take the L for this fight not gettin' done. Anyone blamin' only one person is just bein' biased.

God Gifted
07-15-2010, 10:01 PM

lol @ you believing what bob arum says..mayweather camp said they haven't even began talking LOL

F.A.M.E.
07-15-2010, 10:07 PM
lol @ you believing what bob arum says..mayweather camp said they haven't even began talking LOL

This. Arum is a POS.

God Gifted
07-15-2010, 10:08 PM
This. Arum is a POS.

want to read a great article that touche son this?

Let’s Stop Playing The Bob Arum Game
By Paul Magno - May 25, 2010 | Email the author

“Yesterday I was lying, but today I’m telling the truth.” — Bob Arum

It’s become an inside joke among boxing fans.

“There goes Arum again…he’s up to his old shenanigans.” This is usually accompanied by a shrug of the shoulders and a knowing smirk.

Bob Arum is definitely another colorful character in a long line of shady boxing personalities, but it’s time we start recognizing the reality behind the campy cliche. Arum is no caricature, no lovable scoundrel and definitely no friend of those who love the sport and care about the fighters who risk their lives in the ring.

He’s been doing the dance for longer than many fans have been alive, but nothing has really changed about the man or the way he chooses to do business.

Arum has engaged in just about every confidence game one can think of in boxing, from the simple bait-and-switch to flat-out bribery, as was established by the US Department of Justice when he admitted to paying a one hundred thousand dollar bribe to the IBF in 1995 for getting them to approve a George Foremen-Axel Schultz title defense. One of his favorite tricks, though, is what I like to call the “Done Deal” scam.

The “Done Deal” almost exclusively happens in bouts where his guys face the greatest risk; The modus operandi is always similar. Almost as soon as negotiations for the fights are rumored, Arum runs to the press (usually a certain boxing website with the initials “BS” whose editorial process can also be referred to as “BS.”). The “friendly” media outlet jumps on the story and prints the requisite, “Arum says fight is a done deal” story which intimates that everything is hammered out and only the non-Top Rank fighter’s signature is needed to complete the deal.

All of this is news to the other fighter’s management, though, as they were most likely not even aware that negotiations had begun, much less concluded…

The end result is usually a win-win for Arum. If the other fighter’s team balks and walks away or if the negotiations naturally fall apart, it looks as though they were the ones backing down and acting cowardly; Arum’s fighter gets credit for the win while never having to fight. If the fight goes through, Arum has already painted the other guys into a corner and has likely been in control of the negotiations throughout.

The most recent example of this was the proposed Nonito Donaire-Vic Darchinyan rematch, which was really just beginning to touch on some heavy revenue issues when Arum declared the fight a “done deal.” A day or two after the “Done Deal” statement in BS (of course), the fight collapsed over those same hotly-contested matters. The impression left on some casual, lesser-informed fans was that Donaire was already signed on to fight and it was Darchinyan who walked away.

The truth of the matter, though, was that negotiations were still ongoing when Arum, probably sensing a falling apart of the proposed bout, went to the press (in breach of professional protocol) with his statement. As a matter of fact, sources say that Darchinyan’s signature was the only one on the contract and that the fight fell apart before Donaire could even have a chance to sign.

There were also the cases of Shane Mosley vs. Top Rank’s Antonio Margarito and Paul Williams vs. Arum-backed Kelly Pavlik where Arum had gone to the press early and often with the same stories of deals being reached when nothing could have been further from the truth. In the case of Mosley-Margarito, talks were re-established and the fight got made. The Williams-Pavlik fight, however, fell apart completely, a few times. The goal was to paint Williams as the one backing down, but Pavlik had taken so many missteps by then that few really blamed Williams for the failure to make the fight. Still, Arum took the microphone after Pavlik’s annihilation of Miguel Espino and tried to back-door the “Done Deal” scam by re-writing history.

And then there’s Arum’s hate campaign against Floyd Mayweather Jr, which may be Arum’s most complete piece of work to date.

Arum somehow convinced a lot of the media and too many fans that Mayweather was running scared from Top Rank’s Antonio Margarito and passing up on an $8 million payday when the fact of the matter was that such a fight was impossible; Mayweather had just left Top Rank, was suing Arum and had the option to fight the lineal welterweight champ, Carlos Baldomir, for the same amount of money under his own promotional banner.

The Mayweather-Margarito dust-up was especially well-played by Arum. He had Mayweather tried, convicted and executed for something that never could’ve happened and a fight which Arum never even began to try and negotiate.

Then, of course, Arum and Floyd would cross paths later when a Pacquiao-Mayweather bout was being proposed. As usual, Arum was announcing a “done deal” just as the drug testing issue started to heat up. The intent was to make it look as though Team Mayweather suddenly brought up the issue after both sides had already agreed to fight. In reality, PEDs testing was on the table almost from the very beginning. The fact that Arum is keeping quiet about re-opened negotiations between Pacquiao and Mayweather is a good sign, but be wary of any “done deal” announcement from Arum that isn’t accompanied by a similar announcement from Team Mayweather.

I don’t necessarily blame the fighters for what their promoter has done in their name. Most are just trying to get the most of their short time in the sport and there are few promoters out there who will more viciously defend their fighters than Arum (Unless your name is Miguel Cotto and you’re being fed to Manny Pacquiao, but that’s a topic for another article.) Many fighters are probably unaware that anything shady is going on in their name. But, the fact of the matter is that every grease-ball move to advance one fighter is taking money from the pockets of someone actually doing it the right way.

And every shady “Done Deal” from Arum represents a fight being taken from the fans. It’s an unprofessional, cynical attempt to “take his ball and go home” at the expense of everyone involved, from the fighters to the fans to the venues and cities that could benefit from the fight. It’s Bob Arum putting himself and his ego ahead of everyone.

Boxing will never undergo a much-needed house cleaning as long as guys like Arum are in the driver’s seat and, unfortunately, there are too many people, from fans right on down to media, who are more than willing to leave the driving to Arum.

God Gifted
07-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Well they were saying his last 5 fights ended in decision and hes worried hes losing it and doesnt want to have a loss on his record

lol @ this dude repeating what misinformed ESPN Bob Ryan had to say on PTI.

Some people are just so ignorant.....

cabocoleman
07-15-2010, 10:10 PM
This fight will not happen. :(

Daewoo_Lanos
07-15-2010, 10:12 PM
in after red meltdown.

Daewoo_Lanos
07-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Mayweather Can’t Have It both Ways: Claiming to be the Greatest Boxer of All-Time and Avoiding a Pacquiao Bout

July 15th, 2010

By Giancarlo Malinconico:

I have read and heard all of the arguments from the pro-Mayweather supporters in the media: Floyd sells more pay-per-views than Manny Pacquiao, so he deserves a 60/40 purse split, and the bout must have random-blood testing up to fight night. And if Pacquiao doesn’t agree to Floyd’s demands, then Mayweather does not have to battle the Pac Man. Everyone knows all roads lead to Mayweather, right?

Not exactly, people. Floyd does not have to face Pacquiao under conditions he does not agree with, but he had agreed earlier this year to a 50-50 split and random blood testing up to 14 days before the night of the bout. Pacquiao has agreed to those terms without compromise. Furthermore, the Pac Man has not put forward any ridiculous demands (like let’s say, David Haye) that would seem unreasonable to a reasonable negotiator in the boxing industry. Therefore, Floyd must concede something in order to legitimize his claim that he is greatest of all-time.

Mayweather often cites that fighters who have losses on their records are eliminated from consideration as the greatest of all-time. He has cited Ali and Pacquiao.But Sven Ottke was undefeated, and so was Joe Calzaghe; should they be in the conversation? Of course not. Therefore, being undefeated is not sufficient to claim that one is the greatest. Besides, the toughest challenge of Mayweather’s career was at lightweight against a prime Jose Luis Castillo, who was a very good fighter but not a Hall-of-Famer. Floyd received a gift decision in their first bout, one of most poorly judged bouts in the history of the sport.

If Mayweather does not concede on some of his demands to face the Fighter-of-Decade Award Winner and the Ring Magazine Pound-for-Pound best fighter in the world, Pacquiao, then he cannot be in the conversation concerning the greatest boxers of all-time. Who was the great fighter who turned down a fight with a fighter of his era who was Fighter-of-the-Decade and the Pound-for-Pound King at the same point in time, and then could still consider himself the greatest?

The fact is all roads lead to Pacquiao because he is the only boxer left who can advance Floyd’s legacy. Mayweather does not have to face Pacquiao, but beating a 38-year-old Shane Mosley, who was well past his prime does not cut it. It is simple: Mayweather cannot have it both ways. “Money” cannot duck Pacquiao and say he is the greatest of all-time. It’s one or the other.

God Gifted
07-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Mayweather Can’t Have It both Ways: Claiming to be the Greatest Boxer of All-Time and Avoiding a Pacquiao Bout

July 15th, 2010

By Giancarlo Malinconico:

I have read and heard all of the arguments from the pro-Mayweather supporters in the media: Floyd sells more pay-per-views than Manny Pacquiao, so he deserves a 60/40 purse split, and the bout must have random-blood testing up to fight night. And if Pacquiao doesn’t agree to Floyd’s demands, then Mayweather does not have to battle the Pac Man. Everyone knows all roads lead to Mayweather, right?

Not exactly, people. Floyd does not have to face Pacquiao under conditions he does not agree with, but he had agreed earlier this year to a 50-50 split and random blood testing up to 14 days before the night of the bout. Pacquiao has agreed to those terms without compromise. Furthermore, the Pac Man has not put forward any ridiculous demands (like let’s say, David Haye) that would seem unreasonable to a reasonable negotiator in the boxing industry. Therefore, Floyd must concede something in order to legitimize his claim that he is greatest of all-time.

Mayweather often cites that fighters who have losses on their records are eliminated from consideration as the greatest of all-time. He has cited Ali and Pacquiao.But Sven Ottke was undefeated, and so was Joe Calzaghe; should they be in the conversation? Of course not. Therefore, being undefeated is not sufficient to claim that one is the greatest. Besides, the toughest challenge of Mayweather’s career was at lightweight against a prime Jose Luis Castillo, who was a very good fighter but not a Hall-of-Famer. Floyd received a gift decision in their first bout, one of most poorly judged bouts in the history of the sport.

If Mayweather does not concede on some of his demands to face the Fighter-of-Decade Award Winner and the Ring Magazine Pound-for-Pound best fighter in the world, Pacquiao, then he cannot be in the conversation concerning the greatest boxers of all-time. Who was the great fighter who turned down a fight with a fighter of his era who was Fighter-of-the-Decade and the Pound-for-Pound King at the same point in time, and then could still consider himself the greatest?

The fact is all roads lead to Pacquiao because he is the only boxer left who can advance Floyd’s legacy. Mayweather does not have to face Pacquiao, but beating a 38-year-old Shane Mosley, who was well past his prime does not cut it. It is simple: Mayweather cannot have it both ways. “Money” cannot duck Pacquiao and say he is the greatest of all-time. It’s one or the other.

This article is garbage. Have no idea where you got this from. Dude is saying Mayweather has to concede because he needs to prove himself LOL.

My article gave examples of how Bob Arum uses media tactics like the ones he's using with Mayweather to make it seem like the other side is pulling out.

Daewoo_Lanos
07-15-2010, 10:21 PM
This article is garbage. Have no idea where you got this from. Dude is saying Mayweather has to concede because he needs to prove himself LOL.

My article gave examples of how Bob Arum uses media tactics like the ones he's using with Mayweather to make it seem like the other side is pulling out.

i lold.

manny's legacy is set. he doesn't fight floyd and no one will hold it against him. he doesn't need to fight floyd to legitimize anything.

no matter how you spin in, floyd not fighting manny hurts his legacy. floyd needs to fight manny and win to legitimize his legacy. i guess that's what happens when you spend your entire career telling everyone youre the greatest of all time without actually proving it. people eventually expect you to prove it by fighting .... idk THE FIGHTER OF THE FUKING DECADE and the P4P KING.

balls in floyd's court and the boxing world is watching.

and unlike the flomos, the boxing world isnt stupid as fuk. floyd needs to fight manny or he's a fuking pussy.

in after unlimited blood until the day of the fight.
inb4 excuses.
inb4 retirement.

God Gifted
07-15-2010, 10:23 PM
i lold.

manny's legacy is set. he doesn't fight floyd and no one will hold it against him. he doesn't need to fight floyd to legitimize anything.

no matter how you spin in, floyd not fighting manny hurts his legacy. floyd needs to fight manny and win to legitimize his legacy.

i guess that's what happens when you spend your entire career telling everyone youre the greatest of all time without actually proving it. people eventually expect you to prove it.

balls in floyd's court and the boxing world is watching.

and unlike the flomos, the boxing world is stupid as fuk. floyd needs to fight manny or he's a fuking pussy.

in after unlimited blood until the day of the fight.
inb4 excuses.
inb4 retirement.

Floyd is already the face of boxing, generates the most money, a future HOF and ATG. He can not fight Pacquiao and still make 10+ plus.

Pacquiao is in talks of fighting Margacheato in Mexico and another worthless Cotto rematch which I bet you support.

Daewoo_Lanos
07-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Floyd is already the face of boxing, generates the most money, a future HOF and ATG. He can not fight Pacquiao and still make 10+ plus.

Pacquiao is in talks of fighting Margacheato in Mexico and another worthless Cotto rematch which I bet you support.

who gives a fuk?

manny is also an ATG, future HOF, hold more records than floyd ever will, and made $40 million last year for 14 rounds of work, and then made $20 million this year to spar in front of 50,000 people in texas.

he is also a god to his people, unlike floyd is who is hated by everyone in america except 18-24 year old hoods and all the whiteboys who want to be just like them.

and i'll support anyone who doesnt turn fighting into a soap opera and just wants to fight.

God Gifted
07-15-2010, 10:34 PM
who gives a fuk?

manny is also an ATG, future HOF, hold more records than floyd ever will, and made $40 million last year for 14 rounds of work, and then made $20 million this year to spar in front of 50,000 people in texas.

he is also a god to his people, unlike floyd is who is hated by everyone in america except 18-24 year old hoods and all the whiteboys who want to be just like them.

and i'll support anyone who doesnt turn fighting into a soap opera and just wants to fight.

My whole point is that he has cemented his legacy and he's a future HOF and ATG. If Pacquiao doesn't want to take the blood test he will move on and keep racking up wins and money. He doesn't need Pacquiao. Pacquiao made $7 million with clottey with a huge percentage going to Bob Arum. Mayweather made over 20+ million vs Mosley and will continue to make huge number with or without Pacquiao.

Funny how you don't bring up the fact that IF Pacquiao has agreed to blood tests, that would mean he ducked the fight last year. Why decline the test before and accept it now? From his reason on the Jimmy Kimmel show. "Mayweater is bigger than me, so if I take a blood test that's unfair." LOL....

Daewoo_Lanos
07-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Pacquiao made $7 million with clottey with a huge percentage going to Bob Arum. Mayweather made over 20+ million vs Mosley and will continue to make huge number with or without Pacquiao.

Funny how you don't bring up the fact that IF Pacquiao has agreed to blood tests, that would mean he ducked the fight last year. Why decline the test before and accept it now? From his reason on the Jimmy Kimmel show. "Mayweater is bigger than me, so if I take a blood test that's unfair." LOL....

7 million? i lol'd. google once again.

strong strawman in the 2nd paragraph. manny accepted the olympic blood testing to the day of the fight. so let's fight.